Football Lads Alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bracknell Neil View Post
    Well if that's the case and by the way I love a 2 hour bath so I'm hardly unwashed but with the likes of that Luton ####-wipe Timmy Robinson being involved it's already leading to questions being asked
    He was there Neil, but he didn't have any involvement from what I saw, some blonde sort was filming him after the majority of the march was on route to Westminster

Comment

but with the likes of that Luton ####-wipe Timmy Robinson being involved it's already leading to questions being asked
      yep, keep him (EDL etc) out of it and give it a sensible name like "Football Fans Against Extremism" - "Lads" thing is asking for trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
        yep, keep him (EDL etc) out of it and give it a sensible name like "Football Fans Against Extremism" - "Lads" thing is asking for trouble.
        Thing is if I would have seen that tosspot I would have wanted to lump him .. obviously too many singing from his hym sheet

Comment

Thing is if I would have seen that tosspot I would have wanted to lump him .. obviously too many singing from his hym sheet
          What is it about him that makes you wamt to lump him?
          Everyone else was chanting his name.
          Oh tommy tommy
          Are you islamic mate?

Comment

you know me Neil ( and we do actually know each other ) and you know that politically i lean to the Left, but what has Tommy Robinson actually said thats wrong ? Not saying i agree with a lot of the ignorant comments that are chucked about in the pub after an EDL march , but TR hasn`t made those sort of comments .not to my knowledge anyway and has tried to disassociate himself from racist m orons.
            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

The feller is a racist In my opinion . Kevin If that's what I'm dealing with I despair ..

Comment

unless he want to try to heal , TR should keep his mouth shut when he goes to scotland

Comment

imo tr is islamophobic or at least was. he comes across as a lot more educated now though and comes out with some well founded stuff compared to his edl days.

i do think its gotten silly though with how easy it is to label something as far right or racist, even maajid nawaz has been labled as an islamophobe

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    imo tr is islamophobic or at least was. he comes across as a lot more educated now though and comes out with some well founded stuff compared to his edl days.

i do think its gotten silly though with how easy it is to label something as far right or racist, even maajid nawaz has been labled as an islamophobe
                    Criticising the most arcane, misogynistic, homophobic, violent belief system on the planet is not a "phobia," it's an intellectual duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Criticising the most arcane, misogynistic, homophobic, violent belief system on the planet is not a "phobia," it's an intellectual duty.
                      What's more powerful? Intellect or emotion?

Comment

i agree 100%, islam is a hateful religion no matter what snowflakes say. what i don't agree with though is targetting someone simply because they're a muslim as being a muslim doesn't mean they're evil.

Comment

Anyone who goes on these marches honestly think the money that gets spent on merchandise will in anyway stop terrorism or extremism ?

Comment

the alternative is do nothing, say nothing, just like Rotherham, Rochdale etc. Hundreds of Dutch fans were stopped from attending too. Diane Abbott and the mainstream media may hate the demonstrations, but they're just going to have to get used to them
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

The problem with this is you are never going to change somebody's mind when it comes to religion. If somebody has chosen to ignore modern science and instead believe in scripture that is 10's of thousands of years old, what use is a demo going to do? You're not going to change the minds of those that have chosen to follow the faith and you're certainly not ever going to rid the UK of Islam, when their are millions of British passport holders who follow the religion. So what use is criticism and demonstrations?

If I wanted to, I could criticise pretty much every established religion out there. With the possible exception of Budhism, all major faiths are based around believing and following the teachings of scripture written thousands of years ago. Pretty much everything written in both the Bible and the Quran can be pretty categorically disproven using modern science. But what are we to do? The vast majority of the planet believes in 1 religion or another, are we to start criticising and demonstrating against all organised religion?

I say a better course of action than critiscm and demonstration is to promote tolerance and understanding. I'm not going to argue with you that a lot of the principles of Islam are archaic and at odds with modern, Western culture. But publicly stating this isn't going to help anyone. It certainly isn't going to change the views of those that follow the religion. If fact, it typically does the polar opposite.

In my opinion, if you want to make a difference, fight radical interpretation of religion, rather than the religion itself. Promote tolerance of other peoples belief systems, whatever they may be. And recognise every human beings right to follow whatever religion they choose to, even if it doesn't fit with your belief system.
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 09-10-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                The problem with this is you are never going to change somebody's mind when it comes to religion. If somebody has chosen to ignore modern science and instead believe in scripture that is 10's of thousands of years old, what use is a demo going to do? You're not going to change the minds of those that have chosen to follow the faith and you're certainly not ever going to rid the UK of Islam, when their are millions of British passport holders who follow the religion. So what use is criticism and demonstrations?

If I wanted to, I could criticise pretty much every established religion out there. With the possible exception of Budhism, all major faiths are based around believing and following the teachings of scripture written thousands of years ago. Pretty much everything written in both the Bible and the Quran can be pretty categorically disproven using modern science. But what are we to do? The vast majority of the planet believes in 1 religion or another, are we to start criticising and demonstrating against all organised religion?

I say a better course of action than critiscm and demonstration is to promote tolerance and understanding. I'm not going to argue with you that a lot of the principles of Islam are archaic and at odds with modern, Western culture. But publicly stating this isn't going to help anyone. It certainly isn't going to change the views of those that follow the religion. If fact, it typically does the polar opposite.

In my opinion, if you want to make a difference, fight radical interpretation of religion, rather than the religion itself. Promote tolerance of other peoples belief systems, whatever they may be. And recognise every human beings right to follow whatever religion they choose to, even if it doesn't fit with your belief system.
                                But you could also argue that tolerance, dialogue or moderation does not work anymore, and that our civilization is already collapsing too rapidly for that.

And you could argue that the concern is no longer about the future, but that the situation is rotten right now.

Just as two small examples:

1. We are persecuting heretics today and the enlightenment is already dead: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3649976.html

Comment

Working...
                                X