Baptiste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norths View Post
    Be interested to know if any backup gks in our league are on or near the figure you've mentioned.

Doubt the majority of starters are even on it.
    Well I guess that's a project for you. I think you need to take into equation the fact that there would clearly be a reduction in wages of at least 20-25%, purely due to the fact that he would be dropping down a division. the 30k a week figure that I used (and that everyone has got a raging cob on about) is his salary in the PL. Clearly, it would depend on whether he was prepared to drop down a division and compete for a place, or sit on the bench at Bournemouth content in the knowledge that we will never get in ahead of Begovic.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
      In all seriousness though - gobsmacked that some fans still seem to think we're in a position to spend that sort of money. Especially on a backup gk.
      Mental ain't it?

Comment

There's no need to even discuss this issue. Gone are the days when we paid that sort of money...and for what? For a reserve goalkeeper? That's a department where we are most strong at. If there is any money to spend, may be it is another striker to compete with Sylla and CW.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          There's no need to even discuss this issue. Gone are the days when we paid that sort of money...and for what? For a reserve goalkeeper? That's a department where we are most strong at. If there is any money to spend, may be it is another striker to compete with Sylla and CW.
          The only point I was making was that there is clearly a big drop in quality between Smithies and Ingram / Lumley at this precise point in time, which is a concern for me were Smithies to sustain a long term injury. As a result, someone LIKE Boruc (it need not necessarily be him, just someone with more playing experience than a couple of 23 year olds with 5 QPR appearances between them) to come in and provide back up for Smithies whilst the other two get up to speed seems like a sensible option to me - the upshot of that is that you will have to pay a little more in wages for a year or so. That's all.

I've also already acknowledged that an attacking central midfielder is the top priority (we still haven't replaced Chery's play-making ability IMO), and that the goalkeeping situation is a secondary concern at best.
          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 13-08-2017, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I'm not having Chery not being replaced mate he done Sweet FA an ominous player

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              I'm not having Chery not being replaced mate he done Sweet FA an ominous player
              Agreed, the last half a season he was with us he was very poor.

How many in this squad could naturally step into the role of a central attacking playmaker or No.10 role? At present, we seem to have a number of midfielders who all do pretty much the same job.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                Agreed, the last half a season he was with us he was very poor.

How many in this squad could naturally step into the role of a central attacking playmaker or No.10 role? At present, we seem to have a number of midfielders who all do pretty much the same job.
                freeman, lualua, yeni and maybe luongo but weve also got eze and chair who can play there too

Comment

Working...
                X