No announcement yet.

So what to do on Tuesday in the Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I live in Northampton and my Mrs is a Cobblers fan we have to win, my life would be unbearable. I think with the likes of Yeni, Sylla and Manning we can afford to make a few changes. A mate who went to see Cobblers at Shrewsbury at the weekend said there were, in his words 'a bit gash'

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Stick or twist??

I would make minimal changes and go as strong as possible and try and get a decent win. Winning breads confidence.

Think there were two or three injuries from yesterday so those are the changes I would make possible keeper but other then that stick with same side

Views????
      Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      Agree.

The cup record of this football club is absolutely disgusting and we should be going out to win every game with the strongest XI available to us.
      I agree with you both as I really don't get this 'resting players' and 'concentrating on the league' nonsense. They play football to win games and trophies.

The likelihood is that if QPR make the effort in the Cup Competitions they may win a few games and even beat a Premiership club before getting knocked out, but at least it would boost confidence and perhaps even give a chance to play one of the big clubs along the way.

Comment

I assume Ingram will replace Smithies tomorrow? Have we ever won a game when.Ingram has played?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          I assume Ingram will replace Smithies tomorrow? Have we ever won a game when.Ingram has played?
          Yes one, and another after penalties:

Ingram's 4 games: QPR-Swindon 2-2 (4-2 on penalties), QPR-Rochdale 2-1, QPR-Sunderland 1-2, QPR-Blackburn 1-2
          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Manning, Goss, Ingram, Caulker, Furlong, Robinson, Yeni and Sylla all to be given a chance tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
              Manning, Goss, Ingram, Caulker, Furlong, Robinson, Yeni and Sylla all to be given a chance tonight
              And that isn't a bad line up either. We have depth. Also Baptiste due to play.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Stick or twist??

I would make minimal changes and go as strong as possible and try and get a decent win. Winning breads confidence.

Think there were two or three injuries from yesterday so those are the changes I would make possible keeper but other then that stick with same side

Views????
                I think he will play ingram, caulker might get a run our for ned and robinson for bidwell, i wouldn't be surprised if borysiuk manning and possibly the lad owens get a midfield outing with sylla and ngbakoto up top

if I'm honest not sure how smith would feel right now after seeing washington get the nod saturday and if he cant get a starting place tonight either?

Comment

we seemed to have played with a quicker tempo Saturday. I don't think that suits Smith
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Personally think Freeman and Scowen should be rested - they ran their b0llocks off on Saturday and we could do with them not getting injured! Ariel can replace Scowen, and maybe we can play a more direct 442 with 2 wingers/strikers.

Comment

Just got back from Corfu today ,and i really cant be a rsed to upset the mrs and go straight up to HQ ,to sit in the SAR ,with no atmosphere whatsoever ,watching us lose to Northampton . This will be the first league up home match ive missed in years ,so as i wont be there ,i`m sure we will put out a strong team and cane the cobblers ! Heres hoping ,cos i`m desperate for a cup run and i dont care what cup it is !
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I'm fighting with myself whether to. I think I will end up going though

Comment

Chaps, a few things.

We were woeful on Saturday, our manager seems intent on making us play 532 and quite frankly the players aren't adapting well to it. Strongest part of our team is probably our centre backs though where we are quite well blessed. It will be interesting to see if we start with Matt Taylor, who offers absolutely nothing except a great set piece.

Secondly, historically Ian Holloway doesn't like us, not one little bit. Harks back to his time at Bristol Rovers....as we often sing whenever we face a Holloway team...."You'll never beat the Cobblers" - I think he once described our crowd as the most hostile and rude he has come across - a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, should be a comfortable win for you guys, we really weren't at the races on Saturday so I will predict 4-1 to QPR.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            I agree with you both as I really don't get this 'resting players' and 'concentrating on the league' nonsense. They play football to win games and trophies.
                            While I usually say we need a consistent side, this should be a good opportunity for a few to prove they are knocking on the door of the first team.

Comment

thanks for the info cobs, if i knew what formation ollie would be playing tonight id tell you but your guess is as good as mine, although expect us to play people out of position!!!
                              good luck for the season too, hopefully justin edinburgh starts delivering as hes a fairly decent manager imo!! our keeper smithies struggles a bit with long shots so if you do score hopefully its a classic taylor long shot from shepherds bush green

Comment

Think there will be at least 9 changes tonight. Will give the non starters on Saturday a game.So get it out of your system early IH.
                                Feel there could be a real cup upset tonight with us winning 3 or 4 nil.

Comment

Working...
                                X