So what to do on Tuesday in the Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
    Think there will be at least 9 changes tonight. Will give the non starters on Saturday a game.So get it out of your system early IH.
    Feel there could be a real cup upset tonight with us winning 3 or 4 nil.
    Agreed. Fancy the underdogs tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobbla View Post
      Chaps, a few things.

We were woeful on Saturday, our manager seems intent on making us play 532 and quite frankly the players aren't adapting well to it. Strongest part of our team is probably our centre backs though where we are quite well blessed. It will be interesting to see if we start with Matt Taylor, who offers absolutely nothing except a great set piece.

Secondly, historically Ian Holloway doesn't like us, not one little bit. Harks back to his time at Bristol Rovers....as we often sing whenever we face a Holloway team...."You'll never beat the Cobblers" - I think he once described our crowd as the most hostile and rude he has come across - a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, should be a comfortable win for you guys, we really weren't at the races on Saturday so I will predict 4-1 to QPR.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
      Welcome, Cobbla

Hopefully an entertaining game whatever the result

Same to you

Comment

Never fancy us in the cup, any cup. Ever.
        But i am so certain tonight we will win this ome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Never fancy us in the cup, any cup. Ever.
          But i am so certain tonight we will win this ome.
          QPR first round, all ends tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobbla View Post
            Chaps, a few things.

We were woeful on Saturday, our manager seems intent on making us play 532 and quite frankly the players aren't adapting well to it. Strongest part of our team is probably our centre backs though where we are quite well blessed. It will be interesting to see if we start with Matt Taylor, who offers absolutely nothing except a great set piece.

Secondly, historically Ian Holloway doesn't like us, not one little bit. Harks back to his time at Bristol Rovers....as we often sing whenever we face a Holloway team...."You'll never beat the Cobblers" - I think he once described our crowd as the most hostile and rude he has come across - a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, should be a comfortable win for you guys, we really weren't at the races on Saturday so I will predict 4-1 to QPR.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
            Welcome Cobbla, 4-1 to us..... nah be much closer than that.

Good luck to you guys too
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

a big win tonite 3 or 4 nil

Comment

we got the win ,but respect to cobbla for a decent post
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

The Cobblers are one of our bogey teams. Pleased to have squeezed through. Surprised first team challengers didn't appear too bothered.

Comment

Working...
                  X