That was brilliant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    The only issue with Mackie is he does #### all with the actual ball. He seems to have forgotten that the round thing is what is passed between the team. He puts a shift in there is no denying that but reminds me of a kid in a playground just running around and not actually doing a great deal.
    He was very niggly too yesterday like he was on mission to get booked. He worked hard though can't knock him on his effort yesterday

Comment

Agreed Westy that he does put a shift in but he is supposed to influence games with the ball not by being niggly and a total pain in the ####.

Comment

For me he was up there with Freeman and Luongo don't nobody worry those two benifits from his chasing tackling and generally unnerving the opposing defenders

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Agreed Westy that he does put a shift in but he is supposed to influence games with the ball not by being niggly and a total pain in the ####.
          Is he?..... Olly seemed happy with his performance

Comment

all good teams are a blend of different players some are skillful ball players , some are grafters , mackie gives 100% in your face , chases players down , he's a pest and it worked well yesterday . believe me when you play with mackie in the team it will inspire other players to work hard as well

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                He's very big on this continental idea of the strikers pressing from the front. Makes a lot of sense in theory (assuming they're physically fit enough to do it of course), but it'll be interesting to see if we can keep that up for another 45 games. If that's the way he wants to go forward, squad rotation will be vital.
                That is what I want to see from QPR. Attack,attack,attack.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Like the OP says it was fantastic.
                  Even tho we only scored one from open play we created chance upon chance thats what its all about.

Comment

Overall, I would have to say that was an absolutely superb perfomance from all involved.

Sure, there were a few of the old mistakes dotted about, but nowhere near those of last season. Better finishing and a bit of luck could easily have seen us win by four or more.

Personally, I was expecting a win. No great insight there as on Betfair, we were 2.34 and they were 3.45 prior to kick off.

Really don't get the negativity shown by some. Fully expect to see someone point out that the only team we have beaten are bottom of the table.

Most pleasing for me was the manner of the performance. Tactically, we were sound. Our decision making was way better than we were used to last season. Some of the football we played was a delight to see and this was only the first game.

Make no mistake, we have a squad more than capable of being competetive in this league, but it needs to be used correctly. Yesterday it was. We were composed on the ball and not afraid to keep hold of it for long spells rather than hoof it forward at the earliest opportunity. Some of the link up play right from the off was really good and it looked like we knew what we were doing. Very promising signs indeed.

I guess the thing now is to stay disciplined, play to our strengths and possibly most important of all, maintain our concentration at all times. Not getting carried away at all, but yesterday's performance was a good indication of what COULD be.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      Overall, I would have to say that was an absolutely superb perfomance from all involved.

Sure, there were a few of the old mistakes dotted about, but nowhere near those of last season. Better finishing and a bit of luck could easily have seen us win by four or more.

Personally, I was expecting a win. No great insight there as on Betfair, we were 2.34 and they were 3.45 prior to kick off.

Really don't get the negativity shown by some. Fully expect to see someone point out that the only team we have beaten are bottom of the table.

Most pleasing for me was the manner of the performance. Tactically, we were sound. Our decision making was way better than we were used to last season. Some of the football we played was a delight to see and this was only the first game.

Make no mistake, we have a squad more than capable of being competetive in this league, but it needs to be used correctly. Yesterday it was. We were composed on the ball and not afraid to keep hold of it for long spells rather than hoof it forward at the earliest opportunity. Some of the link up play right from the off was really good and it looked like we knew what we were doing. Very promising signs indeed.

I guess the thing now is to stay disciplined, play to our strengths and possibly most important of all, maintain our concentration at all times. Not getting carried away at all, but yesterday's performance was a good indication of what COULD be.
                      Excellent thread and cracking post

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                        He's very big on this continental idea of the strikers pressing from the front. Makes a lot of sense in theory (assuming they're physically fit enough to do it of course), but it'll be interesting to see if we can keep that up for another 45 games. If that's the way he wants to go forward, squad rotation will be vital.
                        It'd be handy to have strikers who can do that and finish tbh. I liked the work ethic a lot from Washington yesterday in particular and his positional sense is really improving but I always get worried when he misses a good chance like the multiple one on ones from yesterday. When we get to the back end of the season, I don't want to be thinking "if only we scored those one on ones". If he can improve that, he'll be a top player at this level.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Stam was disappointed after a difficult afternoon and told the official club website. “We knew QPR’s intention to press us high up the pitch, not giving us any opportunity to play out and create chances – and that’s what they’ve done. And they did it very well.

“Credit to them, they deserved the win. They fought for every yard on the pitch, won second balls, but they were also better than us on the ball and they worked well together. We didn’t – and it looked like we weren’t ready for it.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                            Stam was disappointed after a difficult afternoon and told the official club website. “We knew QPR’s intention to press us high up the pitch, not giving us any opportunity to play out and create chances – and that’s what they’ve done. And they did it very well.

“Credit to them, they deserved the win. They fought for every yard on the pitch, won second balls, but they were also better than us on the ball and they worked well together. We didn’t – and it looked like we weren’t ready for it.
                            Cracking compliment and alot of that goes down to our ollie and staff just hope we keep consistency and the players dont get carried away thinking we`ll be the best
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              It'd be handy to have strikers who can do that and finish tbh. I liked the work ethic a lot from Washington yesterday in particular and his positional sense is really improving but I always get worried when he misses a good chance like the multiple one on ones from yesterday. When we get to the back end of the season, I don't want to be thinking "if only we scored those one on ones". If he can improve that, he'll be a top player at this level.
                              Any chance of changing that dopey profile pic.

he has not got a squad number, he will never play for our club anymore.

he is utter garbage of a football player.

can we just erase the memory of that signing by you deleting that pic.

thanks
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                                We need to get this in perspective though. Reading had 5 of their first team squad out injured and could not name a full bench.
                                Funny how Jaap Stam didn't use that as an excuse and their player Moore only stated that QPR did a well executed job on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X