That was brilliant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was brilliant.

This is in no way a told you so thread, simply because, for all my happy clappiness, not even I expected that performance today. I expected a very cagey affair and would've taken a draw before the game.
    Absolutely delighted with that entire performance. We restricted Reading to one clear chance in the first half, and one or 2 in the second. The only moan I have is about Nedum, his silly mistake early in the second half could've been very costly, but for a bloody world class save from Smithies. Other than that, I can't complain about any of them. Even Perch was good today. But highest praise for me goes to Freeman, Luongo, Scowen and Wszolek. Absolute mustard, the four of them. And also praise must be reserved for Ollie. He got the selection and tactics spot on today.

It's a long, long season, and anything can and probably will happen. But getting 3 points on the board against last season's playoff finalists, and putting in a performance like that to boot, is absolutely fantastic. Well done Rangers.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Yes indeed Perch was very good welcome custard pie in my face

Comment

Agreed great performance and that double save from smithes

Comment

That's what I call football

Comment

This is a good thread,brilliant 1st game and the team and manager deserves the credit

Comment

Ollie has said Washingtin and the headless chicken were our two best defenders today. See his point strangely enough.

Comment

We need to get this in perspective though. Reading had 5 of their first team squad out injured and could not name a full bench. You do not want your attackers to be your best defenders and that is why we only scored one goal from open play against a very poor team who finished the game with 10 men.
              We could have and really should have scored 4 or 5.With Neds 1 major blunder a game we could have been 1-1 if not for a wonder save from Smithies. On the bright side the midfield was really good at defensive and attacking phases. We still need someone to stick the ball in the net.
              Next two difficult games will tell us where we are at. Although a win is a win and could breed confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                We need to get this in perspective though. Reading had 5 of their first team squad out injured and could not name a full bench. You do not want your attackers to be your best defenders and that is why we only scored one goal from open play against a very poor team who finished the game with 10 men.
                We could have and really should have scored 4 or 5.With Neds 1 major blunder a game we could have been 1-1 if not for a wonder save from Smithies. On the bright side the midfield was really good at defensive and attacking phases. We still need someone to stick the ball in the net.
                Next two difficult games will tell us where we are at. Although a win is a win and could breed confidence.

And you could say the same for us as we had a few starters out and on the bench davie really, cant take anything away from that performance.
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Ollie has said Washingtin and the headless chicken were our two best defenders today. See his point strangely enough.
                  Good couple of goals for Washington today and long may they continue but jheez he needs to get composed when one on one with keepers.

Thought Onuoha was excellent bar the mistake and it's a real shame it happened and probably deteriorated his performance in the eyes of many fans because he totally shut Reading down today.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

ned had a good game today bar that mistake , he seems to make one in every game

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      ned had a good game today bar that mistake , he seems to make one in every game
                      He did yeah. He and Lynch were immense. It's just that that one mistake could've been very costly indeed. Luckily it wasn't.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Would like to see the first goal again. At the time thought the build up was phenomenal. Not seen people talk about it though so I could be wrong.

Comment

Fcku Neds mistake footballs not played by machines he had a good game

Comment

Actually had no idea why him and Pawel did that to be fair. No need

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
                              Would like to see the first goal again. At the time thought the build up was phenomenal. Not seen people talk about it though so I could be wrong.
                              Saw the highlights and thought that can't be us can it? Brilliant interplay for the first goal.

Comment

Working...
                              X