Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60

Thread: Midfield 3 immense.

  1. Default

    Always thought he would be better further forward as he can pick a pass and most importantly he is 2 footed. Quality strike with his left peg which rattled the post. Luongo is a very very creative player and I hope he continues to play in the oppositions half and not in front of the back 4.

  2. Default

    Originally Posted by 1973 ranger
    Always thought he would be better further forward as he can pick a pass and most importantly he is 2 footed. Quality strike with his left peg which rattled the post. Luongo is a very very creative player and I hope he continues to play in the oppositions half and not in front of the back 4.
    Agree. Have said it for a long time he should play further up. Hopefully having Scowen and/or Borysiuk will allow him to play the sort of role he does for Australia and did for Swindon.

  3. Default

    Not sure Luongo was on another level had a descent game but nowhere near the level of Scowen & Freeman, Scowen was excellent did all the hard work for the others Pav had a good 2nd half, supplied good deep cross for the goal & won the pen

  4. Default

    Originally Posted by dave58
    Not sure Luongo was on another level had a descent game but nowhere near the level of Scowen & Freeman, Scowen was excellent did all the hard work for the others Pav had a good 2nd half, supplied good deep cross for the goal & won the pen
    Luongo started off well but gradually went downhill?

  5. Default

    Originally Posted by Norths
    Luongo started off well but gradually went downhill?
    Not according to one certain poster, on a different level ??

  6. Default

    Originally Posted by Norths
    Luongo started off well but gradually went downhill?
    He had a good game, certainly. Showed tenacity and workrate. Has excellent close control and shows skill. There's clearly considerable potential there, but he never consistently imposes himself on a game. Not offensively like Freeman. Nor, but its early days, like Scowen defensively. Far better further forward than sitting back. But one goal in 70 games isnt impressive. If Cousins were decent- and fit- think Luongo wd be benchmeat. Wish he'd prove me wrong. And fully step up. But he played well Saturday. Hope he pushes on.

  7. #37

    Default

    Originally Posted by MYU
    It's only been one game, let's see how long we can keep this up for?

    It's true, we still have some good players on the bench, more to come.
    This.

    We had the same last season after wins against Leeds & Cardiff (which I wrote at the time that the results flattered QPR).

    Yes, the 3 pf them played well. Luongo and Freeman had good games for QPR last season too, but it's consistency that counts in the end.

  8. #38

    Default

    Luongo looks like he's bulked up a bit. Harder to knock off the ball.

  9. Default

    Originally Posted by stanistheman
    This.

    We had the same last season after wins against Leeds & Cardiff (which I wrote at the time that the results flattered QPR).

    Yes, the 3 pf them played well. Luongo and Freeman had good games for QPR last season too, but it's consistency that counts in the end.
    No harm pointing out a FACT that the 3 in midfield had a good game though is there?

  10. Default

    Originally Posted by stanistheman
    This.

    We had the same last season after wins against Leeds & Cardiff (which I wrote at the time that the results flattered QPR).

    Yes, the 3 pf them played well. Luongo and Freeman had good games for QPR last season too, but it's consistency that counts in the end.
    Big difference is that Saturday the result didnīt flatter QPR. Quite the opposite.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beverly Glen Deli, with a bowl of blueberries and a hamburger
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Originally Posted by stanistheman
    This.

    We had the same last season after wins against Leeds & Cardiff (which I wrote at the time that the results flattered QPR).
    Cardiff probably certainly not Leeds.
    "When you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"

  12. #42

    Default

    Originally Posted by Brian Wilson
    Cardiff probably certainly not Leeds.
    The 1st half QPR should have killed the game off, but as I recall the 2nd half was not of the same quality and Leeds' new striker had a couple of good chances to equalise including a 1 on 1 with the keeper.

    QPR's first real 2nd half attack was winning the penalty and then added a stoppage time 3rd.

  13. #43

    Default

    Originally Posted by Shepherds Mush
    No harm pointing out a FACT that the 3 in midfield had a good game though is there?
    No, there isn't. but as soon as they have a bad game, people will be back on here saying they are not so good and new players are needed.
    I will also add that Reading were missing 3 key players including McCleary and Kermorgant who would probably have given QPR's midfield a bit more of competition.

  14. #44

    Default

    Originally Posted by dave58
    Not according to one certain poster, on a different level ??
    He could score a hat trick and you'd still say he didn't attack enough. I have my views on him and have had them from seeing him regularly and knowing the numbers behind what he does, you have yours, leave it at that and stop trying to call me out. Pay attention to what I write and you'll notice I said on a different level to what he was doing before.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane


  15. #45

    Default

    Originally Posted by acricketer
    Luongo looks like he's bulked up a bit. Harder to knock off the ball.
    Took 4 players out of the game with one turn early on in the match. He's also oddly one of our better players in the air despite his size. Good to see him working on his physicality to accompany his skill.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •