No announcement yet.

Midfield 3 immense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always thought he would be better further forward as he can pick a pass and most importantly he is 2 footed. Quality strike with his left peg which rattled the post. Luongo is a very very creative player and I hope he continues to play in the oppositions half and not in front of the back 4.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Always thought he would be better further forward as he can pick a pass and most importantly he is 2 footed. Quality strike with his left peg which rattled the post. Luongo is a very very creative player and I hope he continues to play in the oppositions half and not in front of the back 4.
      Agree. Have said it for a long time he should play further up. Hopefully having Scowen and/or Borysiuk will allow him to play the sort of role he does for Australia and did for Swindon.

Comment

Not sure Luongo was on another level had a descent game but nowhere near the level of Scowen & Freeman, Scowen was excellent did all the hard work for the others Pav had a good 2nd half, supplied good deep cross for the goal & won the pen

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          Not sure Luongo was on another level had a descent game but nowhere near the level of Scowen & Freeman, Scowen was excellent did all the hard work for the others Pav had a good 2nd half, supplied good deep cross for the goal & won the pen
          Luongo started off well but gradually went downhill?

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
            Not according to one certain poster, on a different level ??

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
              He had a good game, certainly. Showed tenacity and workrate. Has excellent close control and shows skill. There's clearly considerable potential there, but he never consistently imposes himself on a game. Not offensively like Freeman. Nor, but its early days, like Scowen defensively. Far better further forward than sitting back. But one goal in 70 games isnt impressive. If Cousins were decent- and fit- think Luongo wd be benchmeat. Wish he'd prove me wrong. And fully step up. But he played well Saturday. Hope he pushes on.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                It's only been one game, let's see how long we can keep this up for?

It's true, we still have some good players on the bench, more to come.
                This.

We had the same last season after wins against Leeds & Cardiff (which I wrote at the time that the results flattered QPR).

Yes, the 3 pf them played well. Luongo and Freeman had good games for QPR last season too, but it's consistency that counts in the end.

Comment

Luongo looks like he's bulked up a bit. Harder to knock off the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    This.

We had the same last season after wins against Leeds & Cardiff (which I wrote at the time that the results flattered QPR).

Yes, the 3 pf them played well. Luongo and Freeman had good games for QPR last season too, but it's consistency that counts in the end.
                    No harm pointing out a FACT that the 3 in midfield had a good game though is there?

Comment

This.

Big difference is that Saturday the result didn´t flatter QPR. Quite the opposite.
                      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

This.

Cardiff probably certainly not Leeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                          Cardiff probably certainly not Leeds.
                          The 1st half QPR should have killed the game off, but as I recall the 2nd half was not of the same quality and Leeds' new striker had a couple of good chances to equalise including a 1 on 1 with the keeper.

QPR's first real 2nd half attack was winning the penalty and then added a stoppage time 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            No harm pointing out a FACT that the 3 in midfield had a good game though is there?
                            No, there isn't. but as soon as they have a bad game, people will be back on here saying they are not so good and new players are needed.
                            I will also add that Reading were missing 3 key players including McCleary and Kermorgant who would probably have given QPR's midfield a bit more of competition.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                              Not according to one certain poster, on a different level ??
                              He could score a hat trick and you'd still say he didn't attack enough. I have my views on him and have had them from seeing him regularly and knowing the numbers behind what he does, you have yours, leave it at that and stop trying to call me out. Pay attention to what I write and you'll notice I said on a different level to what he was doing before.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                                Luongo looks like he's bulked up a bit. Harder to knock off the ball.
                                Took 4 players out of the game with one turn early on in the match. He's also oddly one of our better players in the air despite his size. Good to see him working on his physicality to accompany his skill.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X