Perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perspective

Just a little reminder that if your reading this things are still not as bad as some would make out at Rangers.

I sat on a coach going to the first away game of the season 25 odd years ago just after the supporters club was formed.

Sitting opposite me was Neil Roberts, the newly appointed supporters club manger (not sure of his official title)
    He told the story about him and his children jumping up and down on the bed at 6am that morning singing QPR songs because they were so excited about the coming season.

I asked him if he really thought we would do that well. And I have never forgotten his answer. "He said that he had his dream job, working at the club he loved, and however the season should pan out he would enjoy the highs and suffer the lows. Its all about being part of QPR.."

Why I remember this i don't know, we were not friends, just fans that supported the QPR.

Rest in Peace Neil and lets hope Rangers do us proud this season

the supporters club was formed well before then

Comment

The official supporters club or the LSA?

Comment

It was a long time ago, just remember talking to him on the "official" supporters coach from Loftus Road.

Comment

Working...
        X