4-3-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-3-3

Watching the Sunderland derby game and can't help but think derbys 4-3-3 would suit us down to the ground ! As we have a abundance of central midfielders! Play borysiuk holding with screen and Luongo supporting? Team would look something like this

Smithies
    Furlong ned lynch/caulker Robinson

Borysiuk
    Scowen Luongo

Yeni sylla wzolek

No freeman? Would have him in for yeni personally but other than that the team and formation doesnt look to shabby.

Comment

Forgot bout Freeman if I'm honest I would personally swap him for mass ! Think yeni needs to play regular and might see the best of him

Comment

two sides who are predicted to do well this season. Both very average on this first half showing
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Think Sunderland have looked lively going forwards but their issue will be the defence

Comment

Half decent game and Derby look like a team that have a system to suit the players.

Comment

I like that formation in theory, the problem is the Carrot Cruncher just doesn't fancy starting Sylla up top. If we drop him you have to play Washington or Smith (who both play with their backs to goal), and the entire dynamic and purpose of an attacking 4-3-3 is nullified. We just don't get the ball out wide quick enough when they play. Would love to see Manning get a decent run in the side too. I appreciate that he's very young, but he looks like he could be a very useful player.

Comment

i think the 4231 would be our best formation, nas suggested it and itd fit us perfectly.
                smithies
                furlong ned hall robinson
                ariel scowen
                pavel yeni freeman
                sylla

to me that looks like our best side and we still have luongo, goss and manning among others to compete with ariel and scowen along with mackie, washington, petrasso, shodipo and eze to compete with the attacking 3. plus washington or smith could fill in for sylla.

we have a tonne of depth in midfield and its something we need to utilize. our defence is our main weakness so we need to have cover for them as much as possible which is why having the likes of scowen and ariel in front of them will be a massive help, i dont like how much we get caught out on the wings either which is why we also need cover for them too. ive not got much faith in furlong atm but he looks like he'll be our starting rb next season so having a guy like pavel in front of him will be a massive help, the guy runs all over the wing and would be great if played regularly.

our attacking line are all good at creating chances and all look like skilled players who can get shots off and create chances too, especially yeni who i really rate and reckon he could be our best player if played regularly and with the right players to play off. sylla can easily get 15+ for us next season too and offers so so so much more than smith up front, he can head the ball and has a good shot on him too.

i really hope we play that team but i doubt we will itll probably be a weird formation and ideas like sylla will probaby end up as a right wing holding midfield left back or something

Comment

Agree with that unfortunately Ollie is likely to pick smith instead of sylla

Comment

Working...
                  X