Club by club assessment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    But not before this article?,this hasn't changed my opinion or fears one bit,we WILL be in a relagation battle,depends on who replaces Holloway to whether we stay up or not
    I'd be careful what you wish for as I am in no doubt that IF Holloway is sacked, Tim Sherwood will be straight in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      I'd be careful what you wish for as I am in no doubt that IF Holloway is sacked, Tim Sherwood will be straight in there.
      That's why I stated "it depends on who replaces him", if our choice is only holloway or timmy,I'd prefer to be relegated under holloway, at least we'd go down fighting

Comment

Always start positive but reality kicks in by September 30th, just hope because our expectations are so low we will at least exceed what we now think.
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

June and July not the best months to do scouting tbf.
          I hope our scouts are working hard in August and we'll get in 1-2 very good players.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            I personally don't think Sherwood would take the job, his wage would be affordable + there'd be instant accusations of nepotism towards LF.
            If Holloway goes, I personally think for the sake of stability Paul Lambert should get the job. But it's still farcical to be discussing managerial changes before the start of the season.
            Obviously the lack of movement is alarming, but that isn't entirely down to Holloway (not that it changes my view on his suitability). He is in essence the fall guy for the administration, any manager would receive the same level of abuse for this summer. Whilst it can be said that more should have been done (hooray Captain Obvious), for many non Premier League clubs, the moves happen in the back end of August - whether we agree with it or not.

Comment

Paul Lambert is a good shout,within our range and as decent as he could hope to get

Comment

But not before this article?,this hasn't changed my opinion or fears one bit,we WILL be in a relagation battle,depends on who replaces Holloway to whether we stay up or not
                Haha and thats a FACT?? honestly.....
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Paul Lambert is a good shout,within our range and as decent as he could hope to get
                  The season hasnt started yet & incase you didnt notice we`ve got a manager atm taking us into the new season, how about getting behind him instead of constant knocking!
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by QueensParkPurgatory View Post
                    But it's still farcical to be discussing managerial changes before the start of the season.
                    Agree....totally. I'm just saying all those that want to see Holloway out (and they are there) should not be surprised if Sherwood is the replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      can't argue with the assessment we're going to struggle, especially if we are too defensive minded. Attack, attack, attack
                      This is what a QPR-team should have written in it`s DNA. I think, bar one or two, we have the players for it aswell.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

This time last season I was thinking we could have a good season after beating Watford pre-season, 4 weeks later we were 2nd and all looked good, we know what happened then. Let's hope this season is the reverse as I can only see a struggle ahead and we could well be 2nd bottom in 4 weeks time ��

Comment

Rather keep Ollie, ta.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

We may not have signed many but we also haven't got rid of anyone of note so not all bad and in my view we finished the season with a reasonable team but just being shockingly badly managed.

We have added Scowen. I think a couple of decent loan signings plus maybe Bogle we have a team capable of upper mid table. Just need to get right manager in; that is key not the squad. If board show some mettle that could be in place October/November assuming Ollie doesn't surprise us and actually shows life in the old dog yet!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                              We may not have signed many but we also haven't got rid of anyone of note so not all bad and in my view we finished the season with a reasonable team but just being shockingly badly managed.

We have added Scowen. I think a couple of decent loan signings plus maybe Bogle we have a team capable of upper mid table. Just need to get right manager in; that is key not the squad. If board show some mettle that could be in place October/November assuming Ollie doesn't surprise us and actually shows life in the old dog yet!

IMO, he has to and maybe he will. The players are not the problem, the way they are set up is what worries me.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Bleak assessment. I doubt the reporters know much about QPR and just look at the last few results. I don't think we'll go down, just need to get through this season and hope sign some players next summer, lol, who knows, we might have a decent cup run this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X