Club by club assessment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club by club assessment

Our lack of signings compared to other clubs is obvious to everyone.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...perts-13413374

can't argue with the assessment we're going to struggle, especially if we are too defensive minded. Attack, attack, attack
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

7 clubs think we'll go down

Comment

Whilst previously stating I'm happy with the squad and only need one or two additions, having seen what everyone else has signed is changing my opinion a bit...

Lloyd Isgrove at Barnsley - young rapid left foot winger from southampton i think and wouldn't have cost a lot
        Adam Armstrong at Bolton - young quick striker on loan from Newcastle
        Nathan Baker at Bristol - would have been a perfect left-sided CB replacement for Lynch
        Calum Paterson at Cardiff - young RB who is tall strong and very quick and was in last year of contract I think.
        Dominic Iorfa at Ipswich - on loan from Wolves but we know he's a good RB
        Barrie McKay at Notts Forest - Ridiculous signing. Thought he was one of Rangers best players, very quick too.
        Nathan Thomas at Sheff Utd - we were reportedly after him last year

All players that would have been perfect at QPR cost wise and wages etc (except maybe McKay and Baker). I watch a lot of football if you couldn't guess.

So basically, am alarmed why we wouldn't have picked up on Paterson/Iorfa. Perfect right backs who are tall and strong who could fit in a back 3.
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
          Whilst previously stating I'm happy with the squad and only need one or two additions, having seen what everyone else has signed is changing my opinion a bit...

Lloyd Isgrove at Barnsley - young rapid left foot winger from southampton i think and wouldn't have cost a lot
          Adam Armstrong at Bolton - young quick striker on loan from Newcastle
          Nathan Baker at Bristol - would have been a perfect left-sided CB replacement for Lynch
          Calum Paterson at Cardiff - young RB who is tall strong and very quick and was in last year of contract I think.
          Dominic Iorfa at Ipswich - on loan from Wolves but we know he's a good RB
          Barrie McKay at Notts Forest - Ridiculous signing. Thought he was one of Rangers best players, very quick too.
          Nathan Thomas at Sheff Utd - we were reportedly after him last year

All players that would have been perfect at QPR cost wise and wages etc (except maybe McKay and Baker). I watch a lot of football if you couldn't guess.

So basically, am alarmed why we wouldn't have picked up on Paterson/Iorfa. Perfect right backs who are tall and strong who could fit in a back 3.

But it's all okay, because we've got a specialized scout....

"Rangers, who brought in Gary Penrice to lead their scouting team this summer, have been criticised by some fans for being relatively inactive in the transfer market.

“No-one’s to blame for that. I don’t know why fans look at that. It’s not about who you sign it’s about who we’ve already got,” said Holloway.

“We’ll get ahead of the game eventually – Gary has only just come in.” "

Well what was he doing before then Ian, playing tiddlywinks??

Spectacularly underwhelmed by this pre-season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            But it's all okay, because we've got a specialized scout....

"Rangers, who brought in Gary Penrice to lead their scouting team this summer, have been criticised by some fans for being relatively inactive in the transfer market.

“No-one’s to blame for that. I don’t know why fans look at that. It’s not about who you sign it’s about who we’ve already got,” said Holloway.

“We’ll get ahead of the game eventually – Gary has only just come in.” "

Well what was he doing before then Ian, playing tiddlywinks??

Spectacularly underwhelmed by this pre-season.
            The quote about Gary Penrice is bizarre, isn't it?

He's been here since May, surely long enough to have a few ideas in this transfer window.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              The quote about Gary Penrice is bizarre, isn't it?

He's been here since May, surely long enough to have a few ideas in this transfer window.
              And he was scout before so must already have catalogue of players

Stinks of jobs for the boys but no one is moaning about this one!!!

Comment

Even I am a bit more fearful for us after looking at that.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Don't think they're far wrong think most of us expect to be in a relegation battle this season, no cash no leadership from the top

Comment

It's alarming that we have signed more scouts this summer than players.

Comment

It's alarming that some fans find more fun in moaning than winning.

Holloway predicted relegation for Huddersfield pre season.

How about we go into the opening game of the season with an open mind? If things go as far south as some suspect after 8 games then feel free to moan away.

Comment

Winning??? yes I faintly remember that feeling from about four seasons ago distant memory now

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Winning??? yes I faintly remember that feeling from about four seasons ago distant memory now
                          Yes...

But leagues don't always go to plan... Leicester, Huddersfield, burton etc

Comment

How many players did we go in for but turned us down ?
                            What are the true finances of the club, owners FFP exactly to know how much we have to spend ? I don't think anyone knows the answer to this
                            How many players were offered more money elsewhere, we have one of the smallest gates in the league I would imagine.
                            I am sure every club wants to sign 4-5 superstars by the end of May but it can't always happen.
                            Just about everyone wanted an end to signing expensive players and to buy unknown players on the cheap and coach them to a better standard with the saying "I don't mind if we don't go up for 4-5 years". Really because I am not hearing this now from many.
                            I like Holloway but was he almost the only manager we could get because of the finances available currently ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                              Even I am a bit more fearful for us after looking at that.
                              But not before this article?,this hasn't changed my opinion or fears one bit,we WILL be in a relagation battle,depends on who replaces Holloway to whether we stay up or not

Comment

Working...
                              X