No announcement yet.

Holloway interview 12more months of Transfer Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So those targets that Bircham identified was more lies.
    #who would have thought

"Remember to renew your season tickets so Ollie can be given the funds to invest in the playing squad" Lee hoos.

"We have a list of targets, and a b list and a c list" Bircham.

"We know what we need, it's in the hands of dof and scouts" uncle.

"We cannot do much in this window, only a loan or two" holloway.

#wtf
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
      Will he ever learn?
      Think he was just frustrated with criticism club was getting from fans and used that as way of saying grow up.

Comment

Doesn't the name Lemmings spring to mind as they hand over their money , I got a good deal buying my S/T early

Comment

We have a plan that will come into fruition in the next transfer window but will stop after you have renewed your season tickets. Mocking fans is not a good way to get them onside and appears arrogant.

Comment

Caulker / Onuoha / Perch / Robinson / Elk / JET all out of contract next summer, according to this website:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/quee...de/verein/1039

Would assume Perchino is on a decent wage, but the bulk of the savings will come from Caulker (and possibly Onuoha) going.

Reckon Robbo is on a nice little wage as well considering he joined us from Pool at the start of a premier league season. Nowhere near the likes of Ned and Ste, though. Will be playing for a new deal this season but wouldnt surprise me to see him let go whatever happens.

One thing that stands out for me on that page - Neds age. 31 this november. Still think of him as a youngster.

CB will definitely need working on next summer.

Comment

Caulker Ned and perch probably £100k + a week there alone on three players

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Think he was just frustrated with criticism club was getting from fans and used that as way of saying grow up.
                That`s a valid point, West Acton.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Heard his interview on TS about our transfer window and I actually agree with him. Basically said this and next window are likely to be the same as we have contracts to clear and they expire next year and once there off the books we can be more active in window

Said he knows fans are moaning about window and lack of activity and put on babies voice when speaking about fans views but reinforced he, Les, Lee and Gary have a plan which will come into fruition from summer window next year.

Mocking fans aside he sounded like a manager and said it plain and simple no one liners no headline grabbers just we will spend what we can afford until big earners are off books. You have set standard with that interview so keep being the manager instead of the pundit and you might get bit of slack

As for the fans let's not expect too much more this window nor in January and we go again in the summer of 2018. Stay up this season push on next season
                  Let's see how long before Holloway blames lack of transfers when the chips are down. The geezer is a wally.
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    I actually think he's the sort of manager who does better with a slightly lesser squad. If he had big names I don't think it would work, but with more average players he gets them playing and creates a togetherness and better team ethic. Was hardly inundated with top players at Blackpool for example, although obviously Charlie Adam stood out and went on from his time there, but did a stunning job.
                    Your post makes a lot of sense Del and I agree that I don't think big money players would respond well to his methods & managerial style.

The problem for me & many others I presume is that last season he had virtually the same squad and gifted us with two of the worst losing runs in the clubs history, not to mention staying up by a point or 2 whatever it was.

I just don't see a lot of difference this time round as he's known to not be very adaptable tactics wise.

Comment

Next summer we may have reduced wages but also reduced incomes.

Comment

I don't care if he's frustrated with the criticism (a fair amount of it deserved IMO) or not - to take the pis5 out of the fans, the only thing about this club that is truly loyal, is idiotic.

Comment

This is sensible business. At work if we see change coming we try and shape it before its forced upon us. FFP is still hanging over our heads and it makes sense to put sensible business practice into use now before its forced upon us through transfer embargo's and fines. Even if that doesn't happen we've got a clean slate to start from. We've got to stay up this season and kick on in 2018. No choice about it anayway.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Doesn't the name Lemmings spring to mind as they hand over their money , I got a good deal buying my S/T early
                            Or maybe just plain old fashioned supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                              I don't care if he's frustrated with the criticism (a fair amount of it deserved IMO) or not - to take the pis5 out of the fans, the only thing about this club that is truly loyal, is idiotic.
                              Just to put in context and be fair to the man don't think it was deliberate attempt to mug of fans just change in voice to mimic ongoing complaints about not signing anyone more misjudgement then malicious from him. He made some good points and would suggest listening this was the bomb he was making reference to in previous interview not FFP

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                                Or maybe just plain old fashioned supporters.
                                You've never known fans elsewhere shell out top dollar to watch crap replacing crap each window ! Brentford and Fulham are selling a far better quality for a lot less and both have London over heads , old fashion and football no longer belong in the same sentence mate today's football is different world ,
                                Timmy the Docs post tells the posters all they need to know about cost cutting the next winge to come from the club will be put up with i another two years of crap now and he parachute has gone ,
                                Last edited by dogsrrs; 30-07-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X