Holloway interview 12more months of Transfer Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holloway interview 12more months of Transfer Pain

Heard his interview on TS about our transfer window and I actually agree with him. Basically said this and next window are likely to be the same as we have contracts to clear and they expire next year and once there off the books we can be more active in window

Said he knows fans are moaning about window and lack of activity and put on babies voice when speaking about fans views but reinforced he, Les, Lee and Gary have a plan which will come into fruition from summer window next year.

Mocking fans aside he sounded like a manager and said it plain and simple no one liners no headline grabbers just we will spend what we can afford until big earners are off books. You have set standard with that interview so keep being the manager instead of the pundit and you might get bit of slack

As for the fans let's not expect too much more this window nor in January and we go again in the summer of 2018. Stay up this season push on next season

Grim times ahead as I possibly don't think he's a good enough manager to keep us up with this squad.

We'll see I guess and I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Fingers crossed for the season, but the wally needs to stick to a core 15 player squad and play them in their best positions not chopand change and experiment all the time as that will relegate us.

Get a solid defensive unit and a small but passionate squad and we will do ok.

Comment

i think most people understand that we have little to no money to spend and theres nothing ollie can do about that. i still have faith in ollie to turn us around but he has to play our best players consistently next season and not players he likes for their personality and workrate. sylla is a much much better option than smith and looks more a threat than conor. imo the team should be built to cater to pavel, yeni, freeman and sylla as they're our best players imo. guys like mackie, washington and smith should be our backup options.
        thing is, ollie has had us playing good football before but more often than not he tries putting square pegs in round holes and it doesnt work. play players to their strengths, play a formation that fits the team and play our best 11 and we would easily be safe from a relegation imo.
        sure, we as fans do love a good moan but we've been mugged around for years and its easy to see why we get so triggered when we do bad, we're sick of it. some consistency and good football is all we're asking for, both are possible with the players we have

Comment

Who's on big ish contracts? Only caulker maybe onuoha?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            Grim times ahead as I possibly don't think he's a good enough manager to keep us up with this squad.

We'll see I guess and I hope I'm wrong.
            I actually think he's the sort of manager who does better with a slightly lesser squad. If he had big names I don't think it would work, but with more average players he gets them playing and creates a togetherness and better team ethic. Was hardly inundated with top players at Blackpool for example, although obviously Charlie Adam stood out and went on from his time there, but did a stunning job.

Comment

Personally not that bothered about lack of transfer activity. We have a reasonable squad and haven't moved on anyone of note. A couple of ok loan signings and we have potential to have a good season. The problem as ever is the manager. Will never understand what the Board were thinking either hiring him or keeping him on. That is what has hurt the club going into next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
                Those were the names that sprang to my mind. If we assume that Caulker is on 40k a week and we perhaps pay now for new players 20k a week we get two players for price of one when he's gone if Ned is on same that's four players

Would not be surprised if were still also covering wages of players that have left which expire end of this season too

But regardless based on interview it next summer we will deal not now or winter which I can cope with

Comment

Westy. The parachute payments end this year or next??

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Westy. The parachute payments end this year or next??
                    I'm not sure I think I read next year last period of payments but it's penute compared to what we have been getting

Comment

So next year we will make do with sales of players for funds? In other words the days of owners bankrolling us is over??

Comment

So who mentioned 4 or 5 players ? Not us.

Comment

Personally I don't buy it we've heard pretty much the same for the last two and a half years just worded differently , you are still paying top Dollar to watch inferior players , for the last five windows we have generally replaced dross with crap on the understanding it will get better next window along with the mug feeding shlt we have identified the players we want ! strange how they never materialise then we bring in some as the window closes , not Ollie's fault he's the one that is covering up for Birchams loose tounge about early signings , can anybody honestly see any improvement over last he last five almost six windows that indicates we making up any sort ground on Brentford or Fulham ?

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
                            Pretty much

Karlton would've been on a decent wage but he's now gone

I suppose JET is on a wage that is big by league 1/2 standards, and that's why we're unable to shift him. His deal is up next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Heard his interview on TS about our transfer window and I actually agree with him. Basically said this and next window are likely to be the same as we have contracts to clear and they expire next year and once there off the books we can be more active in window

Said he knows fans are moaning about window and lack of activity and put on babies voice when speaking about fans views but reinforced he, Les, Lee and Gary have a plan which will come into fruition from summer window next year.

Mocking fans aside he sounded like a manager and said it plain and simple no one liners no headline grabbers just we will spend what we can afford until big earners are off books. You have set standard with that interview so keep being the manager instead of the pundit and you might get bit of slack

As for the fans let's not expect too much more this window nor in January and we go again in the summer of 2018. Stay up this season push on next season

Will he ever learn?
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X