Goal-less...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goal-less...

This team clearly lacks creative, nose for the goal punch, in and around the box. Connor is average, Smith touch-less, and our midfield though decent not looking like goal-scoring demons. This + an average defense augurs poorly for a season to believe in. Need two things to assure we are not holding on to avoid relegation: a creative attacker or midfielder with pace and a speedy right back. Short of this, Ollie may get the most out of what we have and still be fighting off relegation at season's end.

Lack creativity, pace and movement. Was interesting to see how good the movement was from Bournemouth of which massive credit must go to Eddie Howe who has coached them players into a very fluid team.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Lack creativity, pace and movement. Was interesting to see how good the movement was from Bournemouth of which massive credit must go to Eddie Howe who has coached them players into a very fluid team.
      They were only playing against us though.... our team would make anybody look good.

Comment

Maybe. But was nice to see how with good coaching players improving over time. Pass and move football with constant movement without the ball.

Comment

I'd settle for a pass to begin with.

Comment

goal less and idea less would sum up QPR.

Smith is so static it is almost unbelievable.

I can only recall one chance created (1st half) and I think it was Washington who dragged his shot wide of the far post.

I think the keeper only had one save to make and that was the free kick near the end of the match.

Comment

our main problem is our defence imo. robinson is good but too unreliable coz of his injury history, if he could stay fit we'd have a quality lb. tbh though i think we do have enough creativity IF we play the right team. imagine an attacking line up of sylla up front with pavel, yeni and freeman behind him with scowen/manning/ariel/luongo/goss behind them and it looks promising imo. guys like smith really limit us, its proper route 1 football and rarely pays off consistently. sylla can do all of what smith does and more and tbh he looks a more focused and harder working player in pre season. itd be utterly mad not to play him.

we do have skillful players in the squad but they need to be playing to their skills rather than the different restrictive roles they're currently playing in

Comment

Working...
              X