No announcement yet.

Why Is Les...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whilst I understand and can agree that we might be having issues in getting the right manager with a DOF, although JFH looked to be what most were screaming out for, a young up and coming manager who had nothing but success at lower levels, the old QPR ways so to speak, it didn't work out and whilst I'm backing Ollie, I find a lot of what he does baffling, Sylla being the prime example!

Les is only working under conditions given to him, he doesn't have the final say over signings although I believe he can have an input and to be honest Defoe looked financially a suicidal deal (proven wrong I grant you). He just seems to be a scapegoat for everything whether he has any influence or not.

Comment

I would bet any decent manager would not give a monkeys about working with Les Ferdinand because in the end a decent manger would command more clout in the final say.

Anyone who worries about a DoF having the final say in things clearly doesnt rate himself enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        I would bet any decent manager would not give a monkeys about working with Les Ferdinand because in the end a decent manger would command more clout in the final say.

Anyone who worries about a DoF having the final say in things clearly doesnt rate himself enough.
        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
          ...on the radio talking Tottenham business?

Didn't catch the full interview, but ts have played snippets of it in the last hour and it ranges from him talking about Harry Kane to how he thinks they'll sign players before the end of the window.

Now we all know his connection to spurs and that he's a fan of the club, but as our dof - shouldn't he be a bit more professional and say spurs business is none of his?

Can't imagine a dof from any other club giving this sort of interview.

Evil les, blah blah blah, etc etc
          Exactly. I listened to the interview and couldn't believe it when he started answering questions about spuds. He talked about their season more than he did ours FFS! Only at QPR. Embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Whilst I understand and can agree that we might be having issues in getting the right manager with a DOF, although JFH looked to be what most were screaming out for, a young up and coming manager who had nothing but success at lower levels, the old QPR ways so to speak, it didn't work out and whilst I'm backing Ollie, I find a lot of what he does baffling, Sylla being the prime example!

Les is only working under conditions given to him, he doesn't have the final say over signings although I believe he can have an input and to be honest Defoe looked financially a suicidal deal (proven wrong I grant you). He just seems to be a scapegoat for everything whether he has any influence or not.
            JFH had success for one season at a lower level with a good team and great set up he inherited from Rowett...

Comment

Working...
            X