Fernandes talking the same old talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    As far as I recall he wrote off £60m and converted £180m to shares. Actual debt is reduced but TF's shareholding increased instead.

At no point was the £180m "written off" in the sense that TF won't see anything from it. He'd get a lot of it back on selling shares, which is why he needs the ground development in order to push up the interest in investors buying his shares at a good price.

Or something like that.
    So he has only shelled out £60m of his own money then?
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
      So he has only shelled out £60m of his own money then?
      £60m is gone and never to be seen again. The rest has essentially bought more shares in QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        Have to say I agree though we do have a good group of players, particularly with one or two additions.

Shame Uncle doesn't do something about getting a half decent manager in to do something with them.
        Careful, some will get on your back about not supporting the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          Haha love the comment #rightsort

That's becoming as constant as Christmas.

I do agree with him that with another 2 players it should be enough.

There's only one slight problem though, that's the loon and his chest beater mate.
          They are not upto this. We need a proper manager.
          If the dof needs to go for us to get a competent manager, then so be it.

Time will tell?
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Same here, don't get it, yes he ballsed it up originally but now getting flak trying to do it right. Some people think we should just spend willy nilly but we aren't allowed to, simples as that and why shouldn't he try doing it differently after getting stung initially. My only concern is Olly but hope he proves me wrong.
            I agree.

I am angry about how he has ballsed it up, but cannot be abusive to him as he did it with all good intentions.

The transfer market as it is now is insane, but QPR do need one, two or three new signings and I guess they would have been signed by now had they been on free transfers. However, they are not and so only Scowen has arrived so far, but I don't think that QPR are really in a position where they can wait, wait and wait.

We saw last season that Holloway wasn't able to coach and organise the defence (Warnock managed to get them to defend and keep a clean sheet), so maybe even if they did sign new defenders we would still see a keystone cops defence.

Comment

The clubs money you mean.
              Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              The 250 million he wrote off wasnt the clubs money.
              He spent the Sky TV money - 3 seasons of Premiership football plus the parachute payments - so that is a hell of a lot of dosh down the pan.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Trying to be positive Pinkie. If we ever get a half decent manager in this squad could do well. Yes can be improved but good mix of youth and experience and some players who have potential to improve further.

Such a shame. Could really have been looking forward to coming season. We should be hoping top 10, not praying to avoid relegation!
                No half decent manager is going to here with the restraints put on the job the only way we'll get a decent manager is by accident or to gamble on an inexperienced lower league man remember we tried that with Jimmy Floyd's

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  I agree.

I am angry about how he has ballsed it up, but cannot be abusive to him as he did it with all good intentions.

The transfer market as it is now is insane, but QPR do need one, two or three new signings and I guess they would have been signed by now had they been on free transfers. However, they are not and so only Scowen has arrived so far, but I don't think that QPR are really in a position where they can wait, wait and wait.

We saw last season that Holloway wasn't able to coach and organise the defence (Warnock managed to get them to defend and keep a clean sheet), so maybe even if they did sign new defenders we would still see a keystone cops defence.
                  Sure that depends on where you operate?
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Sure that depends on where you operate?
                    It's great for the players and agents.

Comment

I agree.

Ask bideford town about cardiffs defence, wonder if there relegated cos they lost that friendly
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I'm sorry I can't sense the excitement and passion which Tony is talking about...
                        I'm ok with the new strategy but would like to know what are Tony's & club's ambitions on the pitch and what's the schedule? Like stanistheman said, the longer we wait the more difficult it will become to have success.

Comment

He spent the Sky TV money - 3 seasons of Premiership football plus the parachute payments - so that is a hell of a lot of dosh down the pan.
                          Kit sponsors and suppliers deals and incoming transfer fees as well. Would love someone to do the sums.
                          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Kit sponsors and suppliers deals and incoming transfer fees as well. Would love someone to do the sums.
                            And of course ticket sales!
                            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

The man has overseen the biggest wastage in English football history and now says he wants the right sort and this old ######. He said exactly the same after the 1st relegation from the premier league. The man is a total idiot when let near any sporting venture as Caterham showed.

Comment

And of course ticket sales!
                                Ticket sales wouldn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things

Going over old ground, but would be interested in the break down of the TV money and where it went.

We didn't really spend big on fees in the summer of 2012. Mainly freebies on ridiculous wages.

Comment

Working...
                                X