Striker stat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striker stat.

some people can still not agree on who is the best striker at the club.

hopfully, this stat will end the argument.

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Hard to argue with the facts. Best get rid of him then Ollie.

Comment

best hope Ollie doesn't see these stats.

That will be Sylla nailed on for the right back position.

Clueless Prikk

Comment

It is very difficult to argue with the facts.

For me though, I'm not convinced by any of them.

Washington we know needs to play up front with someone, which was a gripe people had with Austin but he learnt to play that role by himself. Washington hasn't done so. Still like him though, and god knows we need pace in the side.

Smith is a lump we know that. He's there to win headers. Fine when free kicks and corners are coming in (at both ends of the pitch) but other than that offers very little, almost nothing in fact.

Sylla's record is very good, and easily our best hold up player (even if he uses his arms most of the time to control the ball!). Also good at getting on the end of a decent delivery. Only problem is, when he has taken the ball down he can't do anything with it. Can't pass, can't take it round a player, he's slow, his ball control is poor as is his shooting anywhere outside the 6 yard box.

Desperately need some quality up there, but the stats show Sylla is our best striker, no way should we be getting rid unless we get a decent profit.
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

hope your not trying to put Washington in the same class as Austin, will never be as good as long as he has an hole in his ar$e, Charlie was that good he could do it on his own,

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            hope your not trying to put Washington in the same class as Austin, will never be as good as long as he has an hole in his ar$e, Charlie was that good he could do it on his own,
            spot on.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
              It is very difficult to argue with the facts.

For me though, I'm not convinced by any of them.

Washington we know needs to play up front with someone, which was a gripe people had with Austin but he learnt to play that role by himself. Washington hasn't done so. Still like him though, and god knows we need pace in the side.

Smith is a lump we know that. He's there to win headers. Fine when free kicks and corners are coming in (at both ends of the pitch) but other than that offers very little, almost nothing in fact.

Sylla's record is very good, and easily our best hold up player (even if he uses his arms most of the time to control the ball!). Also good at getting on the end of a decent delivery. Only problem is, when he has taken the ball down he can't do anything with it. Can't pass, can't take it round a player, he's slow, his ball control is poor as is his shooting anywhere outside the 6 yard box.

Desperately need some quality up there, but the stats show Sylla is our best striker, no way should we be getting rid unless we get a decent profit.
              With the limited ability squad we have it is important more than ever to play to strengths so we don't need Washington on the wing and Sylla will score if we stick the ball into the six yard box and tell him just to make sure he is on the end of it. No other player at the club would have scored the goal he got from Wszolek's cross at St Andrews. Hold up play and knock ons from Smith need intelligent runs and support from midfield - with the possible exception of Freeman we don't have either. So play Sylla, give him a run to be fair and get him some confidence, put the ball in front of him in the box and let's see what happens. If he scores goals I don't give a sheet if he does nothing else.

Comment

Sylla has a better goals per minute stat for last season than Murray, Abraham, Kodja, Jerome and Hogan.

Then you look at how many minutes they all played, most having played at least twice the amount of Sylla. Would be interesting to see how his goals/mins stacks up if he can play (gets picked) for at least 30 games this season.

No doubt though, he is a better goalscorer than Washington and Smith.

Comment

Obviously not trying to put Washington in the same class as Austin so calm yourself.

We all know Austin had trouble playing as a lone striker, as Washington does. However, Austin made it work eventually. Washington won't be able.

And i repeat - "Desperately need some quality up there, but the stats show Sylla is our best striker, no way should we be getting rid unless we get a decent profit."
                  My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Sylla by a country mile. Pick Ngaboto in the side alongside him or in the No.10 slot and give them a run of games to see what they produce.

We have seen what Smith and Washington can produce and tbh, it isn't much.

Comment

Can't get my head round Ollie wanting rid of Sylla (which appears to be the case). Granted he is not exactly a world class striker, nor is his contributions outside of scoring the best in the league, but every time I see him play he looks more than capable of sticking it in the back of the net and easily the most natural goal scorer we have. Surely it really is that simple? Especially considering if you want an 'established' goal scorer at this level the asking price seems to be between 10-15 mill!!! And that doesn't always work out, just ask Villa about McCormack.

Comment

Every team is looking for strikers and obviously every team is looking to keep what they have. Really difficult imo to attract a decent striker, all decent ones are being lured by big money from bigger teams. We were spoilt when Charlie arrived, Hull I believe turned him away after a medical and we stepped in. It could have gone very badly but it didn't. Plus when we do get a good one he gets snapped up by the lure of PL football.

All a mucking fuddle
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          Can't get my head round Ollie wanting rid of Sylla (which appears to be the case). Granted he is not exactly a world class striker, nor is his contributions outside of scoring the best in the league, but every time I see him play he looks more than capable of sticking it in the back of the net and easily the most natural goal scorer we have. Surely it really is that simple? Especially considering if you want an 'established' goal scorer at this level the asking price seems to be between 10-15 mill!!! And that doesn't always work out, just ask Villa about McCormack.
                          this. we can actually have a solid looking attack if we just played the right people. i love the idea of:
                          pavel yeni freeman
                          sylla
                          straight away you can just see goals and tonnes of attacking right there. those 4 would win us points on their own on their day imo. heck, even swapping out sylla for smith or conor seems like a massive downgrade. put scowen/manning/luongo/ariel behind them and let them do their thing

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                            this. we can actually have a solid looking attack if we just played the right people. i love the idea of:
                            pavel yeni freeman
                            sylla
                            straight away you can just see goals and tonnes of attacking right there. those 4 would win us points on their own on their day imo. heck, even swapping out sylla for smith or conor seems like a massive downgrade. put scowen/manning/luongo/ariel behind them and let them do their thing
                            Too obvious for Ollie - apparently he needs to make things complicated, for no logical reason I can fathom - maybe someone can help me out? The root seems to be psychological.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                              Too obvious for Ollie - apparently he needs to make things complicated, for no logical reason I can fathom - maybe someone can help me out? The root seems to be psychological.
                              i dont get it either, ollie has had teams including us playing some nice football but he seems to be overlooking a lot of our best players in favour of having players who have a lot of heart and work hard to just grind out results. dont get me wrong, you need those kinds of players in every team but not an entire team of them, you need those players who have the skill to change a game in an instant, players who can be used as an outlet to begin putting plays together etc. dont understand it really as ollie himself said he was a "piano carrier" when he was a player in that he worked hard to put the ball on a plate for better players to do their thing.
                              heck, we dont know what ollies gunna do and its still only pre season. ive seen positives in our matches but theres also been quite a few negatives.
                              hopefully it doesnt carry on into next season and ollie uses his brain and plays our best players from the get go rather than their heart for the game.

what frustrates me though is if we can see the problems within 90 minutes once or twice a week then why cant ollie who has nearly everyday with them?

Comment

Working...
                              X