Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So we are yet to win one 90mins game in pre season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
    I agree mate
    Good man dave
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Tend to agree with sentiment on the centre backs.

However still ignores the real problem ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        Should of done what Warnock done and played a load of small clubs on a mini tour.

Big wins, getting fit, breeds a winning mentality, good for morale.

Seems common sense to me but what do I know?
        It would seem you know a lot more than Holloway & Co.

I would have done the same and taken 36 players from the 1st team squad and U23s and arranged 6 fixtures over 12 days, playing 2 games in 2 days with different 18 man squads for each fixture.

As you say fitness and big wins to boost confidence and get formation and tactics sorted for both the 1st and U23 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          Unreal mate. Seems the general consensus is we'll lose to Reading so that means we will be going down. No fight in the modern QPR fan at all. White flags are waving already.
          It's the players and not the fans that perform on the pitch though. And at the moment all that pre-season has shown us is that the club has no money to spend, so it is likely to be pretty much the same squad with the same manager and coaches carrying on from where they left off last season (we do however have a team of scouts on board to spot some gems out there).

The bookies have QPR down as 5 favourites for relegation, and whilst they do get some wrong (i.e.Huddersfield last season), they are usually not far off.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Think you'd see a different player if he had Scowen / Borysiuk dealing with the defensive side. Freedom to play smart passes and run with the ball like he did at Reading.

Agree though, shooting is woeful and, for me, Freeman should be in that number 10 position behind the strikers all day long.
            Agree, but as far as I can tell, pre season fixtures have not seen QPR play in a formation to suggest that they will set out
            to play like that. it seems to have been constantly changing from a 4-3-3 and 4-4-2.

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            I agree, even yeni would be a good no10 aswell, we definately are spoilt for choices.
            Yes he would, but I think he could be even better in a 4-4-2.

Just not blessed in some crucial areas !
            yes, definitely need a RB also maybe a LB and CB.

A new creative midfielder would be useful if better than those currently in the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              It's the players and not the fans that perform on the pitch though. And at the moment all that pre-season has shown us is that the club has no money to spend, so it is likely to be pretty much the same squad with the same manager and coaches carrying on from where they left off last season (we do however have a team of scouts on board to spot some gems out there).

The bookies have QPR down as 5 favourites for relegation, and whilst they do get some wrong (i.e.Huddersfield last season), they are usually not far off.
              Surely the fans getting behind the players whether they are playing #### or not is what should be happening though?? Not moaning and groaning? Surely our support being more vocal will give the players a push? With youngsters likely to be included in many of next season's money is I think our support is more important than ever. Surely as fans we have got to have some sort of fight about us too?
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Yeah if you look, I'd already acknowledged that, genius.
                Yes, but I didn't read the whole thread to see that, however, you didn't even read the thread's tittle before criticising.

Comment

Surely the fans getting behind the players whether they are playing #### or not is what should be happening though?? Not moaning and groaning? Surely our support being more vocal will give the players a push? With youngsters likely to be included in many of next season's money is I think our support is more important than ever. Surely as fans we have got to have some sort of fight about us too?
                  To a point I agree with that but let's be honest here, even when the fans were vocal and getting behind the players, they were still losing matches. So fans can be supportive as much as they want, but if the players, and crucially the manager, are not good enough they will still lose.

Comment

To a point I agree with that but let's be honest here, even when the fans were vocal and getting behind the players, they were still losing matches. So fans can be supportive as much as they want, but if the players, and crucially the manager, are not good enough they will still lose.
                    At least then though we can say well we gave it our best effort to get behind the players, the blame lies solely at the shite out on the field. The fact is though that fans aren't supportive. And yes, it's because the players are shite or not seeming to be making the effort, I get that. I just think we should be making Loftus Road a horrible place for opposition teams to visit, and a place our players feel brilliant playing at, regardless of whether the players are shite or not. The whole "well they players aren't bothering so why should i" attitude baffles me.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

While the 2 CM would certainly help the defence it would be naive to think the defensive issues are solved. Very weak at RB and although Hall / Onuha is the best pairingwe have, we could do with a better CB than Lynch.
                      The Watford CB can maybe sort us out.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

In the second half when we are a couple of goals down attacking the loft end and the team suddenly wake up for the last 20mins there is nothing wrong with the support then. If they give us something to cheer we will.If they give us nothing then they will get nothing back.You can't cheer a misplaced 5 yard pass or someone going walkabout instead of marking.
                        It is up to the team or manager.

Comment

It would seem you know a lot more than Holloway & Co.

I would have done the same and taken 36 players from the 1st team squad and U23s and arranged 6 fixtures over 12 days, playing 2 games in 2 days with different 18 man squads for each fixture.

As you say fitness and big wins to boost confidence and get formation and tactics sorted for both the 1st and U23 teams.
                          Spot on.

It doesn't matter if you're playing Real Madrid or The Dog & Duck footballers have egos and want to win.

I don't see the great difficulty in that. Also while I'm having a moan, I don't see the need for foreign tours. Why? What does it achieve that can't be done here?

Again, I'd keep us in the South of England and let the players travel home for a day or 2 over the duration of a week or so playing matches. Again players away from home are generally going to be be unhappier than ones seeing their families and children (who are on summer holidays) but I will reiterate, what do I know?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            It doesn't matter if you're playing Real Madrid or The Dog & Duck footballers have egos and want to win.
                            Although according to some on here wins against Bromley and Peterborough are pointless if you lose to Union Berlin and the Herr Flick XI from the German 8th division

Comment

Although according to some on here wins against Bromley and Peterborough are pointless if you lose to Union Berlin and the Herr Flick XI from the German 8th division
                              I agree mate.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm all for playing low level teams and racking up goals and wins.

Pre season is experimental.

Comment

Working...
                              X