Who is to blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Good thread but my view is it doesn't really matter now. We are where we are and the important thing is what happens next.

Board have made mistakes and I think have taken that on the chin and been trying to change things. One thing that jumped out at me in that article about Sir Les is he has only been in the job since 2015, seems longer for some reason! So only two years to help sort out an almighty mess. Some big strides in that time:

1. Got rid of every overrated big money player physically possible.
    2. Working hard on getting youth, and overall footballing, infrastructure improved and we are starting to see players in and around first team already.
    3. Helping to build a younger side with a number of players with resale value and prospect of improving further. Not had that in a very long time.

As fans we need to be patient. Two years to clear up that mess is pretty impressive. Plenty still to do to put it mildly but mainly so far so good.

Only issue I have with Sir Les is appointing Ollie but not getting started on that again! That potentially could be a major problem next season but one we can get over in time with a better manager.

On footballing business side Lee Hoos brought in. Again very early days but knows his stuff.

What this says to me is we have owners who want to do well but now recognise they have no expertise in this area so are prepared to take a back seat and employ people who do. Their big mistake was relying on Hughes and 'Arry and getting too carried away. Naïve but without benefit of hindsight can we really blame for them for acting on advice of those two?
    Good post and yes Ferdinand has done a good job there with the players, but unfortunately, for me, has messed up big time with his managerial appointments... Ramsey (twice), JFH and now Holloway. Let's hope he gets the next one right (possibly in late Autumn).

Comment

The lower level we play the more youth players we have. And the higher level we play the more big money players we have. So wouldn't call "getting rid of all our big money players" an achievement.
      Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 23-07-2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

I honest question if our club died ? You mentioned the words "the clubs Demise" We are a championship team which in past years have been through so much rubbish I think it is about time a chairman stopped trying to fix the club with money over spends or crazy antics !! All I see is a club trying to become sustainable in one of the hardest industries in the world.

I find it odd people look at TF as the worse man in the world... I remember all the problems we had before him, including shot guns in the board room, Nearly going out of business 2/3 times? Also not winning a real trophy since 1967.

I hope you understand me being confused, as for us to of demised I think we would of need to have a long history of success??

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
          I honest question if our club died ? You mentioned the words "the clubs Demise" We are a championship team which in past years have been through so much rubbish I think it is about time a chairman stopped trying to fix the club with money over spends or crazy antics !! All I see is a club trying to become sustainable in one of the hardest industries in the world.

I find it odd people look at TF as the worse man in the world... I remember all the problems we had before him, including shot guns in the board room, Nearly going out of business 2/3 times? Also not winning a real trophy since 1967.

I hope you understand me being confused, as for us to of demised I think we would of need to have a long history of success??
          Demise: the end of something that was previously considered to be powerful, such as a business, industry, or system.

Look at where we were when Fernandes took over and look at where we are now. Demise is completely the right word.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            Good thread but my view is it doesn't really matter now. We are where we are and the important thing is what happens next.

Board have made mistakes and I think have taken that on the chin and been trying to change things. One thing that jumped out at me in that article about Sir Les is he has only been in the job since 2015, seems longer for some reason! So only two years to help sort out an almighty mess. Some big strides in that time:

1. Got rid of every overrated big money player physically possible.
            2. Working hard on getting youth, and overall footballing, infrastructure improved and we are starting to see players in and around first team already.
            3. Helping to build a younger side with a number of players with resale value and prospect of improving further. Not had that in a very long time.

As fans we need to be patient. Two years to clear up that mess is pretty impressive. Plenty still to do to put it mildly but mainly so far so good.

Only issue I have with Sir Les is appointing Ollie but not getting started on that again! That potentially could be a major problem next season but one we can get over in time with a better manager.

On footballing business side Lee Hoos brought in. Again very early days but knows his stuff.

What this says to me is we have owners who want to do well but now recognise they have no expertise in this area so are prepared to take a back seat and employ people who do. Their big mistake was relying on Hughes and 'Arry and getting too carried away. Naïve but without benefit of hindsight can we really blame for them for acting on advice of those two?
            Now that's a top post.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
              Demise: the end of something that was previously considered to be powerful, such as a business, industry, or system.

Look at where we were when Fernandes took over and look at where we are now. Demise is completely the right word.
              Easy as that Bakes.
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

I thought when the final deal was agreed it was late into the August transfer window and we had spent no money as the old owners knew they were selling up. We had a squad of players who were not good enough for the premiership and were expected to get relegated.

As for Demise... depends how you look at the glass, are we are the beginning or the end ? I would say only time will tell if this new system works !! I would like a balance between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post

I get your point but I think the frustration comes from the fact we had an absolutely golden opportunity to take Queens Park Rangers to a new level, finally and then complately wasted the opportunity, twice!!

We've wasted a quarter of a billion pounds to become worse than we were and now I can't see any investors ever giving us the same chance again. I'm bitter that our stupid chairman and his mates have ruined this chance for us to get to the next level after so many years of mediocrity.

In my eyes it is a demise because although we didn't have much in the old days we were a proper football club, a community club, lots of people's second club. Not now. Nope. We're literally hated and mocked by all for being wannabe big time Charlie's who tried to buy success.

The club I once knew is gone I'll be honest.

Rangers till I take my dying breath but hand on heart doesn't feel like it did. Something inside has been extinguished and I'm angry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    I get your point but I think the frustration comes from the fact we had an absolutely golden opportunity to take Queens Park Rangers to a new level, finally and then complately wasted the opportunity, twice!!

We've wasted a quarter of a billion pounds to become worse than we were and now I can't see any investors ever giving us the same chance again. I'm bitter that our stupid chairman and his mates have ruined this chance for us to get to the next level after so many years of mediocrity.

In my eyes it is a demise because although we didn't have much in the old days we were a proper football club, a community club, lots of people's second club. Not now. Nope. We're literally hated and mocked by all for being wannabe big time Charlie's who tried to buy success.

Rangers till I take my dying breath but hand on heart doesn't feel like it did. Something inside has been extinguished and I'm angry about that.
                    Good Post Jimmy.
                    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Good reply and can't argue with your point, I guess the only question is can we get that back? for me it went well before TF.

Comment

Signing Cesar two weeks after we had signed Green tells who run our club and how.

Comment

Fozzie. The season before Fernandes rocked up was the best in terms of spirit and buzz since Ollie's promotion winning team in 2004 so do not agree with it had gone part. Fernandes destroyed the work from that season when he appointed Hughes. I am with Jimmy we had the Golden ticket twice and under Fernandes's watch ####ed it up twice and lets be brutally honest we will not be getting a 3rd time lucky chance anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            Fans who goes to matches should try to silence those who are moaning. Isn`t i.e. Palace-fans good at supporting their team on matchdays.
                            Their fans were shite when their team was shite. Give us something to shout for on the pitch and we come together.

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Move on

Comment

Where is hitman
                                Where is hitman
                                Where is hitman when we win
                                Where is hitman when we win

Comment

Working...
                                X