Who is to blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Getting shot of Neil in January 2012. That was the biggest mistake. I called for it..... Terrible mistake. That and those s cumbags Briatore and the Dwarf refusing to a. sell to the Mittalls when we were promoted and b. not selling to TF until so late in the window that we were forced to buy the likes of Anton Ferdinand and SWP......
    EXACTLY thats at the heart of it followed by a dof on work expirience

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
      Fans who goes to matches should try to silence those who are moaning. Isn`t i.e. Palace-fans good at supporting their team on matchdays.
      That's the players job Shans

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Getting shot of Neil in January 2012. That was the biggest mistake. I called for it..... Terrible mistake. That and those s cumbags Briatore and the Dwarf refusing to a. sell to the Mittalls when we were promoted and b. not selling to TF until so late in the window that we were forced to buy the likes of Anton Ferdinand and SWP......
        Whilst I agree with you regarding Warnock 77, I'm not sure Briatore selling to TF late in the Summer has much to do with anything going by the complete useless non-entities he has signed for big money since. Another 2/3 months of that Transfer Window means he would've signed 5/6 more useless donkeys on huge wages.

Comment

Completely the boards doing.

Poor decisions and not just by 'Uncle Bungle' make no mistake, the fans hero Amit would of had to sanction and agree to the majority of the decisions on big money signings.

Every single club will have their Twitter loons bombarding whoever from their club when the chips are down. We notice it more because it's our club.

Any half decent businessman whether you were clued up or not on football could see signing players at the end of their careers on multi million pound contracts was a terrible strategy.

I know we're not the most attractive proposition but #### me come on! Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth all showed sensible leadership in their approach and strategy to how you should deal with life back in the PL with smart, prudent business. Us? Catastrophe.

Fans will always have a moan. Any chairman worth his salt wouldn't take half the flak he's done if he'd made what to me are simple, sensible decisions.

Also, make no bones about it, the only reason the baffoon is still clinging on is because he's b0lloxed if he walks away. He's hanging on until the very very last scrap of hope regarding OOC is gone. That's his get out of jail card as it's worth billions.

Personally the day he goes I'll open a bottle of bubbly.

A very nice man with his heart in the right place? Absolutely.

A completely clueless, gung ho, irresponsible fool? Absolutely.

Comment

Top Post Jimmy and it has only ever been about OOC where Fernandes is concerned. Remember he missed out buying his own team West Ham pre Olympic stadium development. Did not get East London so came over to West.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Poor decisions and not just by 'Uncle Bungle' make no mistake, the fans hero Amit would of had to sanction and agree to the majority of the decisions on big money signings.

Every single club will have their Twitter loons bombarding whoever from their club when the chips are down. We notice it more because it's our club.

Any half decent businessman whether you were clued up or not on football could see signing players at the end of their careers on multi million pound contracts was a terrible strategy.

I know we're not the most attractive proposition but #### me come on! Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth all showed sensible leadership in their approach and strategy to how you should deal with life back in the PL with smart, prudent business. Us? Catastrophe.

Fans will always have a moan. Any chairman worth his salt wouldn't take half the flak he's done if he'd made what to me are simple, sensible decisions.

Also, make no bones about it, the only reason the baffoon is still clinging on is because he's b0lloxed if he walks away. He's hanging on until the very very last scrap of hope regarding OOC is gone. That's his get out of jail card as it's worth billions.

Regarding the stadium, all but gone.

There's another factor for uncle and Co, and thats property.

He has already been awarded the planning rights to build and manage over 100 offices and homes on the ooc site.

Seeing as the stadium is a no go. He will continue to use the clubs name...... qpr holdings to gain a nice little property portfolio for himself.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Good thread but my view is it doesn't really matter now. We are where we are and the important thing is what happens next.

Board have made mistakes and I think have taken that on the chin and been trying to change things. One thing that jumped out at me in that article about Sir Les is he has only been in the job since 2015, seems longer for some reason! So only two years to help sort out an almighty mess. Some big strides in that time:

1. Got rid of every overrated big money player physically possible.
                2. Working hard on getting youth, and overall footballing, infrastructure improved and we are starting to see players in and around first team already.
                3. Helping to build a younger side with a number of players with resale value and prospect of improving further. Not had that in a very long time.

As fans we need to be patient. Two years to clear up that mess is pretty impressive. Plenty still to do to put it mildly but mainly so far so good.

Only issue I have with Sir Les is appointing Ollie but not getting started on that again! That potentially could be a major problem next season but one we can get over in time with a better manager.

On footballing business side Lee Hoos brought in. Again very early days but knows his stuff.

What this says to me is we have owners who want to do well but now recognise they have no expertise in this area so are prepared to take a back seat and employ people who do. Their big mistake was relying on Hughes and 'Arry and getting too carried away. Naïve but without benefit of hindsight can we really blame for them for acting on advice of those two?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  That's the players job Shans
                  Hmm. Ok. .. in a way, yes..
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Top post fella

Comment

Cheers for QPR and Portsmouth? Really?
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

To Blame

Tony / Amit / Bad Greedy Agents Kia Zorbason / Mark Hughes buying pensioners on 100k p w / Fans / Twitter

Comment

Mark Hughes agent pulled Tony trousers so far down he could not even walk

The biggest robbery in English history was carried out at loftus road

They were completely guilty of trusting the biggest crooks in the game .

Comment

Agree Hughes takes a lot of credit for our current predicament. Smug git who felt he could justify any signing because he was allowed to and no one questioned him.
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                              To Blame

Tony / Amit / Bad Greedy Agents Kia Zorbason / Mark Hughes buying pensioners on 100k p w / Fans / Twitter
                              Fans?

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                                Good thread but my view is it doesn't really matter now. We are where we are and the important thing is what happens next.

Board have made mistakes and I think have taken that on the chin and been trying to change things. One thing that jumped out at me in that article about Sir Les is he has only been in the job since 2015, seems longer for some reason! So only two years to help sort out an almighty mess. Some big strides in that time:

1. Got rid of every overrated big money player physically possible.
                                2. Working hard on getting youth, and overall footballing, infrastructure improved and we are starting to see players in and around first team already.
                                3. Helping to build a younger side with a number of players with resale value and prospect of improving further. Not had that in a very long time.

As fans we need to be patient. Two years to clear up that mess is pretty impressive. Plenty still to do to put it mildly but mainly so far so good.

Only issue I have with Sir Les is appointing Ollie but not getting started on that again! That potentially could be a major problem next season but one we can get over in time with a better manager.

On footballing business side Lee Hoos brought in. Again very early days but knows his stuff.

What this says to me is we have owners who want to do well but now recognise they have no expertise in this area so are prepared to take a back seat and employ people who do. Their big mistake was relying on Hughes and 'Arry and getting too carried away. Naïve but without benefit of hindsight can we really blame for them for acting on advice of those two?
                                I agree with all of this apart from the ollie bit but how could anyone blame tony and co at the time it was all still exciting aswell as managers and players signed! They werent to know what was going to happen and got carried away,admittedly it was dangerous and naive! But was exciting times at the time though.
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X