X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
    Good Post Jimmy.
    Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
    Good reply and can't argue with your point, I guess the only question is can we get that back? for me it went well before TF.
    Im just gutted with the whole sorry mess.

No I don't want to return to buckets but I'll tell you what it was a lot more fun and enjoyable when we had nothing!

Whole spirit of the club is a damp squib. Just miserable from top to bottom.

Can we get it back? I really don't think we can any time soon mate. Success breeds good feeling and excitement. The set up we have in my eyes over the whole club will not provide us this.

Comment

So are you saying that you will boycott the club, ie not go to games during this period jim?
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        I get your point but I think the frustration comes from the fact we had an absolutely golden opportunity to take Queens Park Rangers to a new level, finally and then complately wasted the opportunity, twice!!

We've wasted a quarter of a billion pounds to become worse than we were and now I can't see any investors ever giving us the same chance again. I'm bitter that our stupid chairman and his mates have ruined this chance for us to get to the next level after so many years of mediocrity.

In my eyes it is a demise because although we didn't have much in the old days we were a proper football club, a community club, lots of people's second club. Not now. Nope. We're literally hated and mocked by all for being wannabe big time Charlie's who tried to buy success.

The club I once knew is gone I'll be honest.

Rangers till I take my dying breath but hand on heart doesn't feel like it did. Something inside has been extinguished and I'm angry about that.
        Agree with u jim like usual. Top post.but I'm worried things could get even worse though.

This season is most competitive the championship has been. And the wrong time really for the club to be pretending we ain't got no money.

I reckon We're be in a mini league with Barnsley who have lost a lot of players, millwall, Bristol city , burton , and bolton for the drop. Our squads weaker now then it was last year and I think we're finish the season with less points than last term.

The first 5 games we're be lucky to get 2 points . Plus the diabolical form at the end of the campaign . Don't think it will take much for morale to hit rock bottom. Massive chance we could drop to league 1.

Comment

So the feeling here is we are diminished and dropping. May be. But what should Tony, et al do about it? Answer: (1) actually sign a few talents, starting with the defense -- we essentially have signed only one player of potential in the offseason; (2) move to a 4-5-1 formation until we steady the defense; fortunately our most promising players are in the midfield; (3) explain to fans that if this team doesn't play blood & guts every game, the manager is history as are the players responsible for it; (4) tell the fans that we are not in a 5-10 year rebuilding process; that our goals are higher and shorter term, save which changes will be made again; (5) demand of the scouts, who we've heard so much about, to produce 2-3 great prospects every season, or they can scout for another job. I plan to follow the Rangers come hell or high water, but self-induced hell will fell every loyal fan before long.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            So are you saying that you will boycott the club, ie not go to games during this period jim?
            No

Comment

while i blame all of the usual suspects, i'm always surprised by how lightly some get treated...

tango and cash created a culture of high managerial turnover and lack of sticking by a manager. the players began to understand that, if they didn't like working with a manager, the all they needed to do was lose a couple of games in a row and, boom, old manager gone, new manager in. over time, this has become the norm - only warnock and redknapp got anywhere near 2 years in charge, and we, as fans, now almost expect most managers to be out of the door within a year (and start shouting for it long before this time).

warnock acheived promotion, but wasted a lot of money - he wanted swp, anton f, barton etc. more than that, he was out of his depth in the prem... he was taking us down.

going back to the op, yes uncle's twitter habit is a problem. he listens too much - life would be easier if he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Multiple factors, no single source of blame.

As an overarching statement I would personally say Tony has come into it with his heart very much in the right place and meaning to do well, but being too keen to please everybody and that's has led to poor decisions being made. Had he been more of an ar$ehole and ruled with a bit of an ironfist and not listened to half our simpleton fans on Twitter, we would no doubt be in a better place.

As it goes, we have spunked hundreds of millions to become worse ffs
                If you ever wanted a fair, short and sweet statement on it. THERE IT IS FOLKS!

Comment

Boswinga is to blame for all of it.\

Or at least the metaphor that he represents is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    I get your point but I think the frustration comes from the fact we had an absolutely golden opportunity to take Queens Park Rangers to a new level, finally and then complately wasted the opportunity, twice!!.
                    Funny how people see things as, IMO, both times we got promoted to the PL we only really ever looked like going back down again (probably the pessimist in me)

Have to say though the excitement of escaping relegation in that first season with that run we went on was incredible.

Comment

For me it's the chairman/board. They came in and broke the structure at the club. A structure which got us promoted. Since the high wages of the many players since his arrival.. we've been trying to get back to how we think we will be successful.
                      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                      Lovejoy: "No?!"
                      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I think this will be an on-going conversation for the next 5 years or more in all honesty.

Begs belief that in 5 years we've gone from the football world at our feet, champions, huge investment available to use with new owners - to FFP, no money to spend for the foreseeable and a Championship relegation battle.

Who's to blame? Who's the nucleus? The owners no doubt about it. Tony & Ruben - stupid decision after stupid decision from two blokes who initially and for a number of years had no idea how to run a football club.

To give a shockingly realistic example of how things might have been - We got promoted with new owners and bags of money in 2011 - Southampton got promoted the following season and are now playing Europa league football.
                        Last edited by West London is Rss; 24-07-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                          Agree with u jim like usual. Top post.but I'm worried things could get even worse though.

This season is most competitive the championship has been. And the wrong time really for the club to be pretending we ain't got no money.

I reckon We're be in a mini league with Barnsley who have lost a lot of players, millwall, Bristol city , burton , and bolton for the drop. Our squads weaker now then it was last year and I think we're finish the season with less points than last term.

The first 5 games we're be lucky to get 2 points . Plus the diabolical form at the end of the campaign . Don't think it will take much for morale to hit rock bottom. Massive chance we could drop to league 1.
                          Can't disagree with any of that mate and fully agree we need points on the board quick or the fans will turn as they'll just be seeing a re run of last seasons debacle.

Comment

Briatore for sacking Jim Magilton back in 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Briatore for sacking Jim Magilton back in 2009
                              The lunatic just headbutted our best player.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                                The lunatic just headbutted our best player.
                                Played some great stuff at time under him though.

Comment

Working...
                                X