Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is to blame?

For our current demise?

Uncle bought a newly promoted premier league team and proceeded to invest and attempt to bring instant sucsessh too our club.

Being honest, i loved every moment of those transfer windows.

In my nieve eyes, we were finally going places, with talk of moving to 40k stadiums and signing players like ceaser, hoilett, taiwo, granero, along with tarrabt signing a new contract, a manager like mark hughes at the helm. things were looking so rosy.

then we end up going through two relegations and one promotion, appiontments of ramsey, hasslebank and now holloway, with players like el kayti and jamie mackie and finding the club starved of funds and finishing 21st in the championship with no future investment.

who takes ultimate blame for all this?

David Mcintyre shares his opinion on twitter.................

retweeting a loftforwords post with the following reply...........

David McIntyre‏
    @davidmcintyre76
    Follow
    More
    David McIntyre Retweeted LoftforWords
    Club has decayed in the way it has largely because TF's Twitter democracy means these idiots have been in de facto charge of the club.

Its a very interesting point, one that has made me think.

Are messageboards and fans groups just as responsible for the state of our club?

I know David has an account on here so would love it if he could contribute to this thread for further clarification and a more detailed statement on his opinion.

in the meantime, all your thoughts are welcome here.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Multiple factors, no single source of blame.

As an overarching statement I would personally say Tony has come into it with his heart very much in the right place and meaning to do well, but being too keen to please everybody and that's has led to poor decisions being made. Had he been more of an ar$ehole and ruled with a bit of an ironfist and not listened to half our simpleton fans on Twitter, we would no doubt be in a better place.

As it goes, we have spunked hundreds of millions to become worse ffs
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Good thread Hits..

I think a think it's a shared responsibility. Fernandes is the common denominator though. He has been here throughout. Not all his fault but has to accept most of the responsibility.

I've heard a lot of people blaming the fans.. if Fernandes listens to us he is thicker than I thought. We're just the sheep that buys ST's and talk ####.
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

As usual with these Masochists it's always our (the fans) fault. This time Tony being on Twitter and listening to the fans is the reason we've fallen apart. Nothing to do with the guy at the top being completely clueless and making poor decision after poor decsion.

Sure we have plenty of idiot fans who demand this and demand that, but I wouldn't think we're any worse than any other club. Problem lies at the top and the fact they are a bunch of losers who have pissed away a wonderful opurtunity for this club (promotion in 2011).

Comment

as most people have said, its a combination of multiple things. tony has his heart in the right place but appointed/signed people like mike rigg and big names out of their reputation alone and obviously it massively backfired.
          i reckon he did and still does have the clubs best interest in mind, he hasn't just pulled out and left us to sink, instead hes trying to actively fill in his shortcomings by bringing people in who're good at building up clubs through good management and the youth like lee hoos, the scouts, perry suckling (whos now gone back to tottenham) and chris ramsey. still a long way to go though to get to a point of even being sustainable but the first step towards that is having good management.
          i agree that his management choices haven't been great but they seemed like shrewd appointments at the time (except chris ramsey lol) but they all turned out bad, i think thats more unlucky if anything when you consider the profile of hughes, redknapp and even jfh looked good at the time as a young hungry manager.

i still think he'll sort out the club though, we're in for a bumpy ride but the past is the past and theres nothing we can do about it now except get behind the team and trust the board to have our best interests in mind, us fans have also been equally as poor and would win no medals when it comes to support (understandably so in the past) and we've gotta accept were we are and just get behind the teams and not condemn players before they've even kicked a ball for us. we flip flop from one belief to the next and moan about everything rather than just seeing it out. for example, i've seen loads of people moaning that we miss out on lower league gems like yiadom and mawson etc but then kick up a fuss the second we're linked with someone from league 2 or lower. see it out and don't jump down this players throat if he has bad games! many of our greatest players of all time were signed from the lower leagues and developed, thats what the club have to do now to build the team up and our job is to forgive the past and get behind the team, fans have more control over matches than we might think. we all see how hard the team works when we're backing them and vice versa we see how much the team stresses when we start heckling them

Comment

Everyone think we spent loads of money but only on samba and Sandro. Majority were free and on 100,000 a WK. Really don't understand why we went through a phase of signing players on their last big pay day. We should of spent the money on fees and capped the wages.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              as most people have said, its a combination of multiple things. tony has his heart in the right place but appointed/signed people like mike rigg and big names out of their reputation alone and obviously it massively backfired.
              i reckon he did and still does have the clubs best interest in mind, he hasn't just pulled out and left us to sink, instead hes trying to actively fill in his shortcomings by bringing people in who're good at building up clubs through good management and the youth like lee hoos, the scouts, perry suckling (whos now gone back to tottenham) and chris ramsey. still a long way to go though to get to a point of even being sustainable but the first step towards that is having good management.
              i agree that his management choices haven't been great but they seemed like shrewd appointments at the time (except chris ramsey lol) but they all turned out bad, i think thats more unlucky if anything when you consider the profile of hughes, redknapp and even jfh looked good at the time as a young hungry manager.

i still think he'll sort out the club though, we're in for a bumpy ride but the past is the past and theres nothing we can do about it now except get behind the team and trust the board to have our best interests in mind, us fans have also been equally as poor and would win no medals when it comes to support (understandably so in the past) and we've gotta accept were we are and just get behind the teams and not condemn players before they've even kicked a ball for us. we flip flop from one belief to the next and moan about everything rather than just seeing it out. for example, i've seen loads of people moaning that we miss out on lower league gems like yiadom and mawson etc but then kick up a fuss the second we're linked with someone from league 2 or lower. see it out and don't jump down this players throat if he has bad games! many of our greatest players of all time were signed from the lower leagues and developed, thats what the club have to do now to build the team up and our job is to forgive the past and get behind the team, fans have more control over matches than we might think. we all see how hard the team works when we're backing them and vice versa we see how much the team stresses when we start heckling them
              But I don't see us moaning at players we missed out on has anything to do with the way the club is run?
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Fans who goes to matches should try to silence those who are moaning. Isn`t i.e. Palace-fans good at supporting their team on matchdays.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                  But I don't see us moaning at players we missed out on has anything to do with the way the club is run?
                  it is though, its nitpicking at things to moan about and sonething to point your finger at the club for missing out on someone we 'should' be signing and putting pressure on them. we have a mentality of "damned if you do and damned if you don't" towards the club

Comment

good thread , fact is we're not a big club whilst many fans on here think we are , buying players in their early 3o's with no sell on value big mistake , cast off strikers past their prime such as cisse, zamora and johnson . players that couldn't really couldn't be bothered to put in 90 mins of hard graft boswinga, swp , hoilett . managers like hughes and rednap excuse after excuse , ramsey out of his depth . mugs like jimmy floyd at home v newcastle watching shelvey stroke the ball round at his leisure when no home player within 5 yards of him ( he should of been hit hard in the first 5 mins ) let him know he's in a game . holloways team selections all over the place , players not knowing where they should be playing , i could go on

Comment

Always been wary of Fernandes and the blame for our position now lies with him as 2 goes at the premier league and our current position shows we have not learnt a single thing. And under the current ownership can see no light at all.

Comment

Poor managerial choices and not being ruthless enough at certain times. Poor managers, poor players.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          it is though, its nitpicking at things to moan about and sonething to point your finger at the club for missing out on someone we 'should' be signing and putting pressure on them. we have a mentality of "damned if you do and damned if you don't" towards the club
                          Sorry Corbray, the way the club is run has nothing to do with the fans. Will will have to agree to disagree with that one.
                          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Don't think the appointment of Phil Beard a non football man helped either.

Comment

Getting shot of Neil in January 2012. That was the biggest mistake. I called for it..... Terrible mistake. That and those s cumbags Briatore and the Dwarf refusing to a. sell to the Mittalls when we were promoted and b. not selling to TF until so late in the window that we were forced to buy the likes of Anton Ferdinand and SWP......

Comment

Working...
                              X