Where Do The Grievances Lie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Do The Grievances Lie?

It'd be quite simple to say there's division here. Many believe the team not to be good enough, the same applies for the manager. I suppose what I'm asking is, if the manager wasn't Ian Holloway - would that give you more faith in the crop we have? Or does his stop and start nature with runs reflect on the team.

For me definitely the manager the issue.

With an average to decent manager would be looking to try and squeeze top 10, maybe more with a bit of tweaking.

With Ollie expecting 16-24th.

Most likely outcome will be sacked after a few months and hopefully new guy see us safe with hope of better to come.

Comment

That is a very good question, and definely one of the finest threads we have had on here for some time,but is why it probably will get only a few decent replies because it is such an intelligent question. My take on it is this,the squad we have is limited but playing for an intelligent manager would be good enough to finish around midtable ,but with Holloway in charge I think we can only hope we finish 2 points from relegation again.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensParkPurgatory View Post
        It'd be quite simple to say there's division here. Many believe the team not to be good enough, the same applies for the manager. I suppose what I'm asking is, if the manager wasn't Ian Holloway - would that give you more faith in the crop we have? Or does his stop and start nature with runs reflect on the team.
        For me, the manager is a poor choice and is not going to take the club forward. He is a backward choice and lacks ability in coaching and tactics.

The squad is ok, but perhaps needs a bit tweaking. A new right back and perhaps a left back if Robinson's fitness is an issue.

They could also do with a bit more creativity in midfield, although perhaps the addition of Scowen as a holding midfielder and if Borysuik stays, might allow the likes of Luongo, Manning and Freeman license to be more creative.

I am confident that the attack is capable if scoring. My preference would be for Sylla to start with Yeni included in either a 442 or 4231 formation. My feeling is that Smith will get the lead role and hoofball will be the style of play instead.

The grievances however, go further than just Holloway. Ferdinand as DoF and Fernandes have made a number of poor decisions that have taken QPR from the Premiership to the brink of League 1.

These include:
        not sacking managers at the right time,
        choice of managers,
        not buying during the January window to try and keep the club in the Premiership.

I get that spending now is limited so don't have a real issue there, although perhaps can spend slightly more than they are.
        Last edited by stanistheman; 19-07-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

The problem imo is deffo Holloway.
          Would have felt a damn sight more optimistic going into the new season if TF had the balls to have replaced him at the end of last season like he should have.
          Instead he will be sacked mid way through the season and we go back to square 1 - again.

Not much wrong with the squad. I think the majority on here agreed back when JFH was in charge that the squad wasn't too bad and that it was his tactics which were the problem even though we were a safe mid table team.
          Enter Holloway and we go from mid table to barely avoiding relegation in a few short months. Even though the squad is arguably better now than when he took over.

Strongly believe that all the while we have Holloway here we are going nowhere except maybe League One.

Comment

Holloway lack of a plan B,his league 1 pedigree ,playing players out out of position,nor picking our strongest line out will leave him getting the sack end of November

Comment

I should state, I personally believe the coaching setup is more perilous than the squad. If the club are rich in youth players as many like to rave about, transfers should be a non-issue. It'd be more prudent to get in a manager who would excite the fans on name alone. Managers are a strong factor in players wanting to sign for the club, and Holloway looks nothing more than a stop-gap. QPR have the advantage of being in London, and with a new stadium set to be built at some point this millennium - they will be bought again by foreign owners. But any expectation of promotion (which still baffles me by a few) is dependent on a manager who guides the club through the season in a stable fashion - not a five win six draw cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensParkPurgatory View Post
                Great thread.

Comment

Well il admit I wanted Holloway back as I thought his enthusiasm would rub off on the players and we'd have a team playing for the shirt once again. But I'm now beginning to see why others didn't want him back.

But for me the reason we are starting the season with so little optimism is down to Fernandes and his lot for their constant f ups. To have no money to spend when most around us are splashing the dough is embarrassing considering the money men at the club.

Also love Les Ferdinand or not the guy has had very little success in his role as DoF and in this business he's lucky to still have a job, simple.

Comment

I have an issue with the current manager. But I think the fact he was even considered in the first place points to much bigger issues at the club.

Personally, I don't care how big Tony Fernandes' wallet is, or if he buys the fans a pint after the game, or if he's run a successful airline or whatever else. He's not a football man and he doesn't understand the game. Ok, he's getting better at surrounding himself with people who do understand the game better. That said, I have little faith in Les as a DoF either.

Unfortunately, I don't see a quick fix. The current regime have sunk so much cash into the club over the last 5 years that they'd be daft to walk away whilst we are at rock bottom. I also suspect that them walking could spark a chain of events that could leave us in a lot of bother.

I suppose all we can do is hope that lessons have been learned and better times are ahead.......even if it is hard to see that right now!
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 20-07-2017, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      I have an issue with the current manager. But I think the fact he was even considered in the first place points to much bigger issues at the club.

Personally, I don't care how big Tony Fernandes' wallet is, or if he buys the fans a pint after the game, or if he's run a successful airline or whatever else. He's not a football man and he doesn't understand the game. Ok, he's getting better at surrounding himself with people who do understand the game better. That said, I have little faith in Les as a DoF either.

Unfortunately, I don't see a quick fix. The current regime have sunk so much cash into the club over the last 5 years that they'd be daft to walk away whilst we are at rock bottom. I also suspect that them walking could spark a chain of events that could leave us in a lot of bother.

I suppose all we can do is hope that lessons have been learned and better times are ahead.......even if it is hard to see that right now!
                      You never even slated harry redchap like this but you clearly have it on for ollie. With our pathetic budget and his ability to bring in decent players I think its definitely the right fit for the club at current
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Good thread!

I think there's a lot of positive things going on. Yes there have been a huge huge number of mistakes from the board down but they are now cutting their cloth accordingly.

I actually think the squad is pretty decent. Looking at a man for man comparison of who would be a replacement I genuinely can't see any position, other than maybe RB where I would say we have a problem.

We are getting a really good, solid youth system in place and are already seeing the rewards of that. He's made a lot of mistakes but Les has to be given credit for putting Ramsey in there and Ramsey deserves a lot of credit for restructuring the youth set up too to bottom. The results (i.e. Players coming through) are starting to speak for themselves.

For me there are two issues and one main reason why I don't think we will improve as a club. The main reason is Holloway. I don't rate him at all. Full of bluster and quotes, reminds me of Boris Johnson but without the intelligence and planning behind the buffoon public persona. He took us from safe mid table to scraping survival. No tactical nous, no planning, no thinking on your feet. He's the mackie of managers, beat your chest hard enough and hope that covers your all round failings.

Alongside that is the coaching set up and the lack of improvement we see in players. There are very few players that I can remember who have improved since coming to us. Keepers aside I genuinely can't think of anyone who you can hand on heart say they have developed since being in the first team. The coaching set up is inconsistent and rubbish.

Which brings me into my second issue: Groundhog Day. Sack manager in October, appoint a new one in November, struggle for rest of the season, give them pre season, struggle tiles October. Sack manager in October........

If we are a club in development we need a steady pair of hands. A Gary monk or an allardyce or a hodgson. An experienced hand who can give stability, structure and who we can give time to. No more experiments, no more up and coming, no more ex managers out of work, not whilst we are in the transition phase as a club.

Address this and I think we have a good chance of progression because I genuinely feel we have a good squad.

Sorry for the long post haha

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          You never even slated harry redchap like this but you clearly have it on for ollie. With our pathetic budget and his ability to bring in decent players I think its definitely the right fit for the club at current
                          I've never hidden the fact that I think Ollie is a poor manager mate. I didn't towards the end of his first stint with the club, just as I didn't the 10 years between then and him returning.

If he's the right fit for the club then we're even more bother than I thought mate.
                          Last edited by Tarbie; 20-07-2017, 07:33 AM.

Comment

it doesn't help we have had to put up with some dire stuff over the past 20 years. Holloway on and off the pitch doesn't inspire me to put it mildly
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                              Good thread!

I think there's a lot of positive things going on. Yes there have been a huge huge number of mistakes from the board down but they are now cutting their cloth accordingly.

I actually think the squad is pretty decent. Looking at a man for man comparison of who would be a replacement I genuinely can't see any position, other than maybe RB where I would say we have a problem.

We are getting a really good, solid youth system in place and are already seeing the rewards of that. He's made a lot of mistakes but Les has to be given credit for putting Ramsey in there and Ramsey deserves a lot of credit for restructuring the youth set up too to bottom. The results (i.e. Players coming through) are starting to speak for themselves.

For me there are two issues and one main reason why I don't think we will improve as a club. The main reason is Holloway. I don't rate him at all. Full of bluster and quotes, reminds me of Boris Johnson but without the intelligence and planning behind the buffoon public persona. He took us from safe mid table to scraping survival. No tactical nous, no planning, no thinking on your feet. He's the mackie of managers, beat your chest hard enough and hope that covers your all round failings.

Alongside that is the coaching set up and the lack of improvement we see in players. There are very few players that I can remember who have improved since coming to us. Keepers aside I genuinely can't think of anyone who you can hand on heart say they have developed since being in the first team. The coaching set up is inconsistent and rubbish.

Which brings me into my second issue: Groundhog Day. Sack manager in October, appoint a new one in November, struggle for rest of the season, give them pre season, struggle tiles October. Sack manager in October........

If we are a club in development we need a steady pair of hands. A Gary monk or an allardyce or a hodgson. An experienced hand who can give stability, structure and who we can give time to. No more experiments, no more up and coming, no more ex managers out of work, not whilst we are in the transition phase as a club.

Address this and I think we have a good chance of progression because I genuinely feel we have a good squad.

Sorry for the long post haha
                              I agree with most of this. My only concern is will the DoF ever appoint a manager who would undermine his position? No!
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                              X