Mitalls getting richer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitalls getting richer....

"If you are part of Indian billionaire Lakshmi Mittal’s family, for example, the devaluation of the pound is improving your UK living standards. Mittal’s family live in London but make much of their profit abroad through a global steel empire. So a cheaper pound means the family’s foreign income is worth a lot more within the UK. Mittal’s family has increased its wealth by over £6.1bn in only the past year."

You'd think there must be a few bob left over to buy 2/3 of a club from Tony & co.

Only a year ago (ish) someone posted that they were losing a whole load of money due to the weak pound, so just like then, I wouldn't take too much notice of their fluctuating value
    Focus more on the question, why would they sink that money into a Club that loses money hand over fist, day after day, just because it doesn't have the facilities to be profitable/self sustaining
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
      Only a year ago (ish) someone posted that they were losing a whole load of money due to the weak pound, so just like then, I wouldn't take too much notice of their fluctuating value
      Focus more on the question, why would they sink that money into a Club that loses money hand over fist, day after day, just because it doesn't have the facilities to be profitable/self sustaining
      The club are trying to be exactly that.

Comment

When figures like this for peoples wealth are calculated it is not how much they have in the bank it is worth based on selling all assets like companies, shares etc. That is why very rich people can go broke if the market changes or share price drops, they don't have all this as liquid cash.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          The club are trying to be exactly that.
          Trying yes mate but that will never happen without a new stadium, which, as we know, plenty on here (a) don't want and (b) say will never happen?
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Trying yes mate but that will never happen without a new stadium, which, as we know, plenty on here (a) don't want and (b) say will never happen?
            If we want to see our club do well in the near future, we need a new bigger ground. sell the tickets cheap and fill the ground, it's the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              If we want to see our club do well in the near future, we need a new bigger ground. sell the tickets cheap and fill the ground, it's the only way.
              It is all about the ground M but selling cheap and filling it wouldn't be enough, hence why the "clueless idiot in charge" wants something big enough to attract non-footballing punters for extra curricular activity
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Sorry, forgot to add, rather than the sceptics theory that "Uncle Bungle" just wants the revenue to line his own pockets and recoup some of the previously wasted investment, the reality is that this is the only way the Club can become profitable and self sustaining as alluded to be me and Croyds earlier in the thread
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

well on my fm17 save amit is currently the owner having bought us out in 2021

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    well on my fm17 save amit is currently the owner having bought us out in 2021
                    This really defines the Realists v Happy Clappers debate Corbs - as in if you believe Amit has that much, if any interest in us (in the real world rather than just FM), then you would win the title of Happy Clapper extraordinaire
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

This really defines the Realists v Happy Clappers debate Corbs - as in if you believe Amit has that much, if any interest in us (in the real world rather than just FM), then you would win the title of Happy Clapper extraordinaire
                      well i'm still waiting for the club to hire me as manager, i've done a great job for them on the game and at least i'll meet most of the fans expectations for the season which is relegation

Comment

It is all about the ground M but selling cheap and filling it wouldn't be enough, hence why the "clueless idiot in charge" wants something big enough to attract non-footballing punters for extra curricular activity
                        When I went to Bradford City FC and sold the Zesh, they told me they were not getting the fans through the gates. They started asking fans question how many would buy if the club sold ST for less then £200, they got their numbers and every match then on was full house. I said you can't make money like that, they seem to think you end up making lots more then expected.

Nothing wrong with using the ground to bring in extra money for non-footballing events, we're a small club and should be looking at every angle to make money to compete in football. The game has changed and we have to move with it, I don't like it but what else can we do?

Comment

Good luck to them, they seem like a nice family.

Comment

Nice family no doubt, but Lakshmi Mittal simply has no interest whatsoever in football. So no prospect of salvation there.

Comment

Working...
                            X