Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to increase attendance at Stans game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to increase attendance at Stans game.

Sign a couple of decent players. Simple.

because simply turning up to our greatest ever players LAST ever appearence at loftus road is asking too much???

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
      because simply turning up to our greatest ever players LAST ever appearence at loftus road is asking too much???
      Well it's seems that's the case. You can't disagree that if we signed Messi and Bale next week, the attendance would go up. Seriously, a couple of decent additions would help with the appathy that most people are veiwing this season. If we were favourits for promotion and not relegation I'm sure ticket sales would be much higher.

Comment

yeah well obviously that would happen but most of them would be plastic fans anyway. people dont need an incentive to go to stans testimonial, it doesnt matter what team we play or if we lose. the footballing side of it means nish at this kind of game as its stans last time at loftus road and our last chance to show our support for him and help pay for his treatment which he rightfully deserves for all the memories he brought to people much older than me

Comment

Don't disagree one jot as someone who watched him week after week. But the fact is sales have not been great and people always want to have a look at new signings and it would definitely help.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
            True...would probably get a load out of their armchairs to turn up and boo

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
              Wouldn't make any difference for a match like this

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                Wouldn't make any difference for a match like this
                Disagree. Every close season I say I won't bother with any pre season games which are always a waste of time. But if we've signed a few new faces, I normally change my mind and go. Then wish I'd not bothered. Sure I'm not on my own with this.

Comment

Stans game was never ever going to attract a crowd larger than 6-8k. It is bang in holiday season and the week before our first game of the season. I actually think 8k would not be too shabby would love it to have been 18k but that is just not realistic. We have never been great fans for testimonials, remember Dave Clements before the Cup Final only had a few thousand attend it and the same with Ian Gillard. I will be there though as Stan gave me so much entertainment as a child and i still get goosebumps remembering that season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    Stans game was never ever going to attract a crowd larger than 6-8k. It is bang in holiday season and the week before our first game of the season. I actually think 8k would not be too shabby would love it to have been 18k but that is just not realistic. We have never been great fans for testimonials, remember Dave Clements before the Cup Final only had a few thousand attend it and the same with Ian Gillard. I will be there though as Stan gave me so much entertainment as a child and i still get goosebumps remembering that season.
                    I was going to mention Dave Clements testimonial. Like you said, just before the 1982 cup final and only 4,000 attended
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Could discount the new kits on the day to anyone with a ticket

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Never had the privilege of seeing him play live but will be there to shown my gratitude for all he has done for our club.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

another simple thing to do (sure its been suggested) is to buy extra tickets to raise more money for him, thats what i did anyway

Comment

quite a few ideas for increasing the attendance, but probably too late now.

agree with signing of players.
                            no disrespect to Bournemouth, and although premier, they are not exactly a crowd puller.
                            not sure how hard the club tried for opponents, but a bigger name of one of his ex clubs, man city or Brentford would have attracted more away support and a lot more interest from us.
                            with that qpr could have opened the loft upper, and with early interest, possibly the ellerslie.
                            prices were spot on.

just my thoughts.

Comment

Only thing that would have pulled crowd is if they had decent opposition like United, Arsenal or Spurs etc no disrespect to Bournemouth but who really wants to watch them as part of the day even if it is in Stans name

I have only ever been one testimonial and that was Danny Maddixs against Jamaica place stunk of skunk

Comment

Working...
                              X