Talent Missed on our Doorstep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Alright hoop would you bet against him making it ?? But note I said Brentford see as money in the bank meaning they have bought him for future , what have we bought from lower or non league and sold for a very decent profit ? What was that player they bought from Luton for a million and sold to Newcastle I think for about six million after eighteen months and he's on the verge of an England spot ?
    Re read my post and I say that I would like to buy players like that and give them a chance. My argument was that because we haven't signed him he is automatically great but if we had he would be called league 2 dross by many on here.

In regards to this particular player no idea. I'm basically the same as everyone else on here and can count the number of full games I've seen him play on 1 hand and still have most of my fingers left. From what I've read he is meant to be very good and the type of player I would like.

Comment

To be fair we are more likely to find dogsh*t on our doorstep then the next Dele Alli

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
        Re read my post and I say that I would like to buy players like that and give them a chance. My argument was that because we haven't signed him he is automatically great but if we had he would be called league 2 dross by many on here.

In regards to this particular player no idea. I'm basically the same as everyone else on here and can count the number of full games I've seen him play on 1 hand and still have most of my fingers left. From what I've read he is meant to be very good and the type of player I would like.
        You just don't get the jist of my post ! You're the only one that's used the word great but that's not relevent , Brentford have a different policy than us regarding signings they have left us way behind they operate like the old Liverpool buy players from lower leagues not for the imeadiate 1st team they let them make their progress ,where as we now buy players from the lower leagues for the 1st team and yes many of prove to be dross , are they dross I don't know ! It could well be we put pressure on them to hit ground running when they need a bit of time time for improvement fist , Brentford set their plan in a small club way and progressed from there , on the other hand we have ignored the youth and under twenties for year and only got interested when we fell into shlt street now we're rushing it where Brentford can take their time
        Last edited by dogsrrs; 19-07-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          You just don't get the jist of my post ! You're the only one that's used the word great but that's not relevent , Brentford have a different policy than us regarding signings they have left us way behind they operate like the old Liverpool buy players from lower leagues not for the imeadiate 1st team they let them make their progress ,where as we now buy players from the lower leagues for the 1st team and yes many of prove to be dross , are they dross I don't know ! It could well be we put pressure on them to hit ground running when they need a bit of time time for improvement fist , Brentford set their plan in a small club way and progressed from there , on the other hand we have ignored the youth and under twenties for year and only got interested when we fell into shlt street now we're rushing it where Brentford can take their time
          I'm not having a go at you personally it's more the general vibe on here with regards to lower league players.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
            I'm not having a go at you personally it's more the general vibe on here with regards to lower league players.
            Yeah of course it's the pack instinct every thing we do is wrong , but the club has put it's self in that position if I'm right Langley is the only player in about twenty years to make the step up to the first team pritty poor ain't it

Comment

We picked up the DOF for peanuts and made big on him.Ray jones is another gem RIP.
              We have missed out on local lads like Dennis Wise, bolassi, Luke shaw, Alfie Manson, beckford , robson Kanu Marcus bent , caulker, mancienne charlie oatway sone aluko assombalonga darren bent paul Merson but at least we got Richard pacquette

Comment

Not as easy as just being 'local talent'

The vast majority of these kids firstly don't support QPR these days. The days of local boys having an affiliation to the club via the area they live is gone. They're seduced by the Sky Sports machine and the glamour & bling culture that the big clubs offer them these days.

They see youngsters getting astronomical money at clubs like Chelsea and small clubs like QPR have no chance. A lot of small youth set ups wil have someone on an earner to point out, identify and inform the bigger club of their talent and progress. They'd get a hefty drink too if the player signed professionally.

I know a young Arab agent, extremely wealthy who has been using this method for years. He has a trusted circle of coaches all over the country (and globally actually) where he's tipped off with the next big player. He signs them through his company with a fat signing on fee and then he approaches the top clubs. It's a very simple system if you have the right people connecting the dots.

Problem is QPR is not an attractive proposition as a club or financially.

The way we'd sign youngsters is if a coach has a very close relationship with a QPR scout or the young player hasn't been got into yet (usually because they're not the standard top clubs require) and we manager to speak to said player ourselves.

Chelsea have got young players in the U'23's that are on over £30k a week. If you don't want to believe me that's fine. I know that as absolute fact. They just signed a young lad Gilmour from Glasgow Rangers and he's on more money than 80% of our squad I'd say. They have a young African kid on their books on £2.6m a year which was what Chelsea gave him as every club in Europe was after this kid. It's disgusting but the big picture is we've got no chance to compete when kids are offered so much more at the big clubs.

We literally have to pick up the scraps or the players who in fairness are probably not that good in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                X