Talent Missed on our Doorstep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent Missed on our Doorstep?

Wealdstone’s 20 year old defender Ciaron Brown is a very hot prospect with an ever growing list of scouts from around the professional ranks queuing up at The Vale to check out his progress.

Wealdstone’s 20 year old defender Ciaron Brown is a very hot prospect with an ever growing list of scouts from around the professional ranks queuing up at The Vale to check out his progress.

Since arriving at Stones from Bedfont Sports at the beginning of last season, Brown has rapidly progressed and has made a smooth step up to Vanarama National League South football. The 6 foot plus defender is most comfortable at centre back but is equally at ease playing in the left back position where he spent most of his early time for Wealdstone.

But Brown has kicked on in middle of the back row and impressed in the run-in last campaign with his calm, assured play and strength on the ball. Brown is not one to get carried away but said on Saturday after Stones 1-0 win over Watford U23s that he is looking forward to his trial at The Owls this week as interest in the young player unsurprisingly ratchets up on a weekly basis.

Wealdstone Manager Gordon Bartlett said: ‘ We have a great pedigree at Wealdstone of bringing young players on and moving them up to the pro ranks and Ciaron is more than capable of making the step up having made consistent progress. I’m sure that he will do well in whatever the future holds and we will never hold a player back’

Best mates son?
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

No we'd rather send scouts by plane instead of a bus ride

Comment

Don't know why they can't set up an email address for people to email about local players or something.

Sorting through emails wouldn't kill them to unearth the next Raheem Sterling.
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by spogs View Post

Since arriving at Stones from Bedfont Sports at the beginning of last season, Brown has rapidly progressed and has made a smooth step up to Vanarama National League South football. The 6 foot plus defender is most comfortable at centre back but is equally at ease playing in the left back position where he spent most of his early time for Wealdstone.

But Brown has kicked on in middle of the back row and impressed in the run-in last campaign with his calm, assured play and strength on the ball. Brown is not one to get carried away but said on Saturday after Stones 1-0 win over Watford U23s that he is looking forward to his trial at The Owls this week as interest in the young player unsurprisingly ratchets up on a weekly basis.

Wealdstone Manager Gordon Bartlett said: ‘ We have a great pedigree at Wealdstone of bringing young players on and moving them up to the pro ranks and Ciaron is more than capable of making the step up having made consistent progress. I’m sure that he will do well in whatever the future holds and we will never hold a player back’
          I thought the same thing the other day why haven't we looked at him 10 miles down the road yet Swfc 150 miles away know all about him taking him on trial

Comment

Posters say we farked up on Bidwell a 207 from the bush green

Comment

When he's playing for England, please bring this back up again.

Comment

Not just him and to make it worse it's been going on years Greenfield Bedfont Harrow Stevenage Luton Brentford white city Wycombe you name it ,
                Can it be the scouts are no good or can it be the clubs reluctance to invest for the future ? Oh don't know if it's been reported Brentford signed Ollie Watkins on a 4 year deal for an undisclosed fee obviously they him as money in the bank
                Last edited by dogsrrs; 19-07-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  When he's playing for England, please bring this back up again.
                  Or when Chelsea , Fulham or Brentford scout him and sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    Brentford signed Ollie Watkins on a 4 year deal for an undisclosed fee obviously they him as money in the bank
                    Exeter just right on our doorstep innit

Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 19-07-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Exeter just right on our doorstep innit

No but we've missed in exeter while we're wasting our time competing with Narch and SWFC in Norway

Comment

No but we've missed in exeter while we're wasting our time competing with Narch and SWFC in Norway
                        Am I missing something here? Some are getting upset about missing out on a league 2 player when a lot of posters are moaning when we sign league 1 players. He could turn out to be quality (and for the record I quite like signing a few, not all, players from the lower leagues and many need the chance to step up and prove themselves) but just makes me laugh when we do sign someone from lower league they're "dross" but when we don't they're the new Dele Alli.
                        Last edited by QPRHoop; 19-07-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
                          Am I missing something here? Some are getting upset about missing out on a league 2 player when a lot of posters are moaning when we sign league 1 players. He could turn out to be quality (and for the record I quite like signing a few, not all, players from the lower leagues and many need the chance to set up and prove themselves) but just makes me laugh when we do sign someone from lower league they're "dross" but when we don't they're the new Dele Alli.
                          i dont get it either. if we signed him people would be moaning about not bringing in any experience and to stop signing kids

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
                            Am I missing something here? Some are getting upset about missing out on a league 2 player when a lot of posters are moaning when we sign league 1 players. He could turn out to be quality (and for the record I quite like signing a few, not all, players from the lower leagues and many need the chance to step up and prove themselves) but just makes me laugh when we do sign someone from lower league they're "dross" but when we don't they're the new Dele Alli.
                            Alright hoop would you bet against him making it ?? But note I said Brentford see as money in the bank meaning they have bought him for future , what have we bought from lower or non league and sold for a very decent profit ? What was that player they bought from Luton for a million and sold to Newcastle I think for about six million after eighteen months and he's on the verge of an England spot ?

Comment

what have we bought from lower or non league and sold for a very decent profit ?
                              Josh Bowler hasn't even played and we've sold him for a tidy profit.

Comment

Working...
                              X