Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Decent post

Off record since buckets have come up I'm sure I read at time we still had biggest budget in the league
    As we all know, a big budget can be a bit of a noose round your kneck, just ask Hughes, but I take your point.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Yeah, he rebuilt us. Never our best manager from our first relegation until Warnock though. Had a couple of seasons where he got us firing but De Canio, Dowie, and arguably even Magilton and Sousa were better managers, even if the latter 2 of those struggled to get us playing well regularly enough.

Wow magilton and dowie better managers lol, sorry tarbs what a load of tosh that is ffs, so what have they done record wise compared to ollie? as i cant remember anything, also what did di canio do that was so great with us? baffled
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
        I think some people are underestimating what Ollie did for us.
        With the back drop of bucket collections and fans having to chip in and buy players he cobbled together a team who would have run through brick walls. Some were in the twilight of their careers such as Furlong and some he unearthed such as Martin Rowlands. Rowlands for me was a great little player and as for Furlong, ex Chelsea players don't always do well with us so to get him busting his gut the way Ollie did was a feat in itself.
        Ollie created the best vibe I've ever felt down loftus road. The fans and players all pulling together to dig us out of a very big hole and he did it. The fact we didn't play total bleedin football is neither here nor there, it was league one ffs.
        His job was to manage and he did it superbly. That last day at Hillsborough summed it up for me.
        After seeing us #### things up so many times before, the milk cup final for example, I had us down to blow it against Wednesday.
        Ollie got their heads one last time and helped get us over the line, exactly what a manager should do.

Yes he's not much of a tactician and the novelty of his bizarre post match witterings is wearing off.
        And he may or may not be the right man for us at the moment or moving forwards.
        But to those who say he didn't really do that good a job for us in his first tenure, you're having a fu€king laugh.
        Well said mate! and not forgetting getting to the playoffs season before that!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Wow magilton and dowie better managers lol, sorry tarbs what a load of tosh that is ffs, so what have they done record wise compared to ollie? as i cant remember anything, also what did di canio do that was so great with us? baffled
          You would be baffled by it mate. You're the biggest Ollie fan boy on the planet.

Comment

I never said he didn't do a good job in his first stint. He certainly did do a good for 2 of his seasons with us. What I said is that he is not a good manager. They are 2 different things.

The guy is a 1 trick pony. Either his players buy into all the whacky nonsense and will run through brick walls for him or they won't, and he flops. You can see it the whole way through his career.

Unfortunately, football has moved on and out expectations (rightly or wrongly) are set higher these days.

Again another couple of comments i disagree with, obviously a manager has to get players buying/believing what hes trying to do or things wont work so another daft comment tarbs tbh!

Comment

You would be baffled by it mate. You're the biggest Ollie fan boy on the planet.

You see thats one childish remark whern im simply asking you a question? im 48 tarbs so this fanboy comments bit childish mate, i have my own mind and dont follow the crowd!

Comment

You see thats one childish remark whern im simply asking you a question? im 48 tarbs so this fanboy comments bit childish mate, i have my own mind and dont follow the crowd!
                Didn't mean it to be childish mate, I just don't know anyone who loves Ollie as much as you, gods honest truth.

I'll answer your question then.

Dowie - Consistently achieved a decent win per game ratio at most clubs he's been at. Won over half his games with us, albeit in unspectacular fashion.
                Sousa - Has done bloody well everywhere he's been since getting out of English football. Maybe his style didn't suit our league, or maybe he just needed a bit of time.
                Magilton - Won 40% of his games with us, some of them in pretty spectacular fashion. Like Dowie, he was harshly binned at a time when the club was circus.
                De Canio - Had us playing some of the best football I've ever seen at Loftus Road towards the end of his time with us.

......and all of them had a far superior record in terms of points per game than Holloway has in his current stint!

I'd actually have all 4 of them back ahead of our current manager. I know you wont agree though!
                Last edited by Tarbie; 20-07-2017, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Didn't mean it to be childish mate, I just don't know anyone who loves Ollie as much as you, gods honest truth.

I'll answer your question then.

Dowie - Consistently achieved a decent win per game ratio at most clubs he's been at. Won over half his games with us, albeit in unspectacular fashion.
                  Sousa - Has done bloody well everywhere he's been since getting out of English football. Maybe his style didn't suit our league, or maybe he just needed a bit of time.
                  Magilton - Won 40% of his games with us, some of them in pretty spectacular fashion. Like Dowie, he was harshly binned at a time when the club was circus.
                  De Canio - Had us playing some of the best football I've ever seen at Loftus Road towards the end of his time with us.

......and all of them had a far superior record in terms of points per game than Holloway has in his current stint!

I'd actually have all 4 of them back ahead of our current manager. I know you wont agree though!

Fair enough tarbs, just add at the bottom ollie winning promotion and taking us to the play offs final season before then hes done more, achieved more!

Comment

Fair enough tarbs, just add at the bottom ollie winning promotion and taking us to the play offs final season before then hes done more, achieved more!
                    And thats not adding his other two promotions from the championship, a league that we`re in now that alot seem to think hes clueless about & not good enough for us in!

Comment

• This is all getting a little silly and seems to be the same old culprit's. Think we're all bored tbh. All I will say he Ollie needs to be backed with a transfer kitty. The bloke can't turn water into wine. If we don't replace most of our defence then even sir Alex would struggle
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• What we need a quick signing someone to get stuck into for being to old to young , omg not another m/fielder , fark me even perch is better than him .
                        Anything just to get off this boring thread

Comment

• Thing for me is I like Ollie but do not like him as manager of our club now. In my view his time has come and gone. As a player he was a workhorse and was basically Ray Wilkins' legs. His first spell as our manager was one of my favourite times over the last 30 years. We were at our lowest ebb, had nothing going for us and he was right person at the right time. An up and coming manager and breath of fresh air. He helped to instil a real team spirit and we had a feeling of togetherness I don't think we have had since. I don't think he overachieved in League One but did well for us.

In the Championship did ok for a while but by the end of his tenure it was unravelling (we were seeing some of things we were last season) and the time was right for him to go.

Since then had some ups and downs and a great character in the game. Started going downhill for him a few years ago though. Last job at Millwall a disaster followed by spell in punditry where presumably he couldn't get an appealing job. If you had asked me before we appointed him would say manager on his way down and next job, if he took one, would be League One to Conference, not any higher.

Our form under him was pitiful last season (two six game losing runs FFS!) and was inexcusable. Contradicted himself throughout. Started by saying we had a decent squad that just needed a bit of tweaking and club even talking about challenging still for play offs. By the end would need at least two transfer windows to sort team out and he nearly got us relegated. Should have gone and would have either voluntarily or being pushed at most clubs.

Don't accept squad poor. A half decent manager would have us mid-table. A good Championship manager maybe top 10. No doubt squad could be improved but some experienced campaigners and pretty decent younger players. This brings me onto another point. LF mentioned as a scapegoat often. Yes he got Holloway appointment disastrously wrong but under him we have got rid of most of high earners and now have a reasonable squad with some younger players worth a bit and the start of youngsters in and around the first team. If he hadn't farked up in appointing Ollie we would all be praising him as we would be looking forward to the season anticipating a good one.

I don't think the club doing too bad after dire few years and sooner we can get a half decent manager that will hopefully see us being slowly on the rise.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            If we don't replace most of our defence then even sir Alex would struggle
                            I think our defence is good enough. Smithies very good, Hall and Onuoha both useful at this level. Bidwell and Lynch were solid at their previous teams. Robinson and Perch have both played well at LB. Only major concern is RB situation. Can't help thinking it's Ollies fault we play badly. Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              I think our defence is good enough. Smithies very good, Hall and Onuoha both useful at this level. Bidwell and Lynch were solid at their previous teams. Robinson and Perch have both played well at LB. Only major concern is RB situation. Can't help thinking it's Ollies fault we play badly. Sorry.
                              Hall won't improve playing alongside nedum who should definitely be moved on
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                Hall won't improve playing alongside nedum who should definitely be moved on
                                You're just a one man Nedum fan club, aren't you.

Comment

Working...
                                X