So the bombs gone off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Never mind about that ! What do you know about this Norse striker we're after is he a true viking or the Norse God dud
    He is a good allround striker. Strong, fast, a quite decent header of the ball, and his tecnique is fairly good. I should believe he will strenghten our team, but i think he will sign for Norwich.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Di Canio had us playing some superb football he just never stayed long enough
      that is true, we played some nice stuff under him

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Wasn't 2003 the start of us crawling back from the abyss ?
        I meant going back to League 1. However you guys like to twist things around to suit your own views.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Lolol here we go, stanis in his element probably a ex player sacked & 2003 was pretty the start of good things on the up even though we lost the playoff!
          No, he wasn't sacked .
          And you miss the point about 2003. I meant taking QPR back to League 1 football followed by long ball tactics that failed to work in the Championship. But no surprise that you don't get this.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
            lets be honest though, ollie was easily our best manager (from our first prem relegation) until warnock came so he must have done something right, he did rebuild us afterall
            It is true that he did rebuild the squad , but imo he was not blameless for relegation to League 1.
            I have stated my view on this before so won't go through this again.

I think De Canio was a far better manager and so was Paulo Sousa, although the football was not very entertaining.
            Last edited by stanistheman; 20-07-2017, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              lets be honest though, ollie was easily our best manager (from our first prem relegation) until warnock came so he must have done something right, he did rebuild us afterall
              Yeah, he rebuilt us. Never our best manager from our first relegation until Warnock though. Had a couple of seasons where he got us firing but De Canio, Dowie, and arguably even Magilton and Sousa were better managers, even if the latter 2 of those struggled to get us playing well regularly enough.

Comment

I think some people are underestimating what Ollie did for us.
                With the back drop of bucket collections and fans having to chip in and buy players he cobbled together a team who would have run through brick walls. Some were in the twilight of their careers such as Furlong and some he unearthed such as Martin Rowlands. Rowlands for me was a great little player and as for Furlong, ex Chelsea players don't always do well with us so to get him busting his gut the way Ollie did was a feat in itself.
                Ollie created the best vibe I've ever felt down loftus road. The fans and players all pulling together to dig us out of a very big hole and he did it. The fact we didn't play total bleedin football is neither here nor there, it was league one ffs.
                His job was to manage and he did it superbly. That last day at Hillsborough summed it up for me.
                After seeing us #### things up so many times before, the milk cup final for example, I had us down to blow it against Wednesday.
                Ollie got their heads one last time and helped get us over the line, exactly what a manager should do.

Yes he's not much of a tactician and the novelty of his bizarre post match witterings is wearing off.
                And he may or may not be the right man for us at the moment or moving forwards.
                But to those who say he didn't really do that good a job for us in his first tenure, you're having a fu€king laugh.
                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                  With the back drop of bucket collections and fans having to chip in and buy players he cobbled together a team who would have run through brick walls. Some were in the twilight of their careers such as Furlong and some he unearthed such as Martin Rowlands. Rowlands for me was a great little player and as for Furlong, ex Chelsea players don't always do well with us so to get him busting his gut the way Ollie did was a feat in itself.
                  Ollie created the best vibe I've ever felt down loftus road. The fans and players all pulling together to dig us out of a very big hole and he did it. The fact we didn't play total bleedin football is neither here nor there, it was league one ffs.
                  His job was to manage and he did it superbly. That last day at Hillsborough summed it up for me.
                  After seeing us #### things up so many times before, the milk cup final for example, I had us down to blow it against Wednesday.
                  Ollie got their heads one last time and helped get us over the line, exactly what a manager should do.

Yes he's not much of a tactician and the novelty of his bizarre post match witterings is wearing off.
                  But to those who say he didn't really do that good a job for us in his first tenure, you're having a fu€king laugh.
                  I never said he didn't do a good job in his first stint. He certainly did do a good for 2 of his seasons with us. What I said is that he is not a good manager. They are 2 different things.

The guy is a 1 trick pony. Either his players buy into all the whacky nonsense and will run through brick walls for him or they won't, and he flops. You can see it the whole way through his career.

Unfortunately, football has moved on and out expectations (rightly or wrongly) are set higher these days.
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 20-07-2017, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

Decent post

Off record since buckets have come up I'm sure I read at time we still had biggest budget in the league

Comment

Holloway went from hero to zero in his first stint as manager. Took over a club on it's knees with no players and somehow got us promoted. Then came the season he played that ###### Santos as a striker. Apart from his stint at Blackpool, he has been an abject failure at Leicester, Plymouth and Millwall. Ask their fans how they rate him
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                        Holloway went from hero to zero in his first stint as manager. Took over a club on it's knees with no players and somehow got us promoted. Then came the season he played that ###### Santos as a striker. Apart from his stint at Blackpool, he has been an abject failure at Leicester, Plymouth and Millwall. Ask their fans how they rate him
                        Plymouth??? He had them in and around the play offs when he left for Leicester! Their fans wont like him as he left them when they were in a great position! How about you ask Blackpool and Palace fans if they like him? Getting a bit of a witch hunt this and we haven't even kicked a ball this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          Why? The really worrying fact is that he didn`t stop experimenting before it was almost too late.
                          I already said that in my original post, but my point is that you keep saying he plays people out of position, which he hasn't done since he's been back (apart from Hall who has excelled there and Manning for 10mins at the end of games when we are losing and wanting to push on for a goal)
                          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
                            Not really sure who people think we could have as manager with high expectations and zero transfer funds. We are not going to get anyone with any sort of track record unfortunately
                            This is bang on.

Love him or hate him he'll give 1000% more effort than someone on 20 x his wages.

Was never my choice. At the time I didn't want him, he sold me on his enthusiasm though but over last season I think he proved to us all why he was a poor choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              I never said he didn't do a good job in his first stint. He certainly did do a good for 2 of his seasons with us. What I said is that he is not a good manager. They are 2 different things.

The guy is a 1 trick pony. Either his players buy into all the whacky nonsense and will run through brick walls for him or they won't, and he flops. You can see it the whole way through his career.

Unfortunately, football has moved on and out expectations (rightly or wrongly) are set higher these days.
                              My post wasn't directed at you Tarbie and I agree, he is a one trick pony.
                              Galvanise a group of players and try and get the best out them regardless of their talent.
                              He's especially reliant on players buying into that because as has been said already, he's no tactician so tactics won't win him too many games.
                              My only point was he did a great job in difficult circumstances getting us out of league one and for anyone to think not must be barking, imho of course.
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                Yeah, he rebuilt us. Never our best manager from our first relegation until Warnock though. Had a couple of seasons where he got us firing but De Canio, Dowie, and arguably even Magilton and Sousa were better managers, even if the latter 2 of those struggled to get us playing well regularly enough.
                                absolutely no way they were better than ollie during their tenures, ollie did a great job for us in his first run as manager

Comment

Working...
                                X