So the bombs gone off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay I'm going to try and make this clear as possible

No one of any decent caliber wanted the job. Why would they?

A chairman who is incredibly naive (but improving) and due to others has wasted £250m.
    A Director of Finance who is a novice (but improving).
    Lee Hoos cutting costs all over the place making budget for pretty much everything minimal (but this is how a club like us should be run)
    Many failed managers
    A playing squad that was extremely low on confidence, lacking creativity
    A fan base with this false sense of entitlement that we should be Premier League and spending millions and millions on players STILL even after everything we've been through in the last few years

Here we are, mid table after a few energized performances and the squad were clearly not fit enough to maintain that level. Bore draws, fans booing, manager trying to give our players a few days off so he can go and get money for making a speech.

In comes Mr Holloway, a man who rebuilt this club from the brink of not existing. A man who has a cushy job at Sky. Why on Earth would he want to come to QPR and risk his good status with the fans? Why would ANY manager come here with minimal transfer budget against teams like Villa and Newcastle spending mega money?

Because he loves the club, as much as you or I.
    If you thought you could do some good for the club, would you not do it?
    I'm not denying I find his interviews incredibly irritating, and I'm not saying I've forgotten him being too complacent at the end of the season. Nor have i forgot the fantastic run before that, or how no one was complaining about "hoof ball" when we were winning.

If you’re calling yourself a supporter, start supporting. We’ve had enough negativity at the club to last a lifetime.
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
      Okay I'm going to try and make this clear as possible

A chairman who is incredibly naive (but improving) and due to others has wasted £250m.
      Lee Hoos cutting costs all over the place making budget for pretty much everything minimal (but this is how a club like us should be run)
      Many failed managers
      A fan base with this false sense of entitlement that we should be Premier League and spending millions and millions on players STILL even after everything we've been through in the last few years

Here we are, mid table after a few energized performances and the squad were clearly not fit enough to maintain that level. Bore draws, fans booing, manager trying to give our players a few days off so he can go and get money for making a speech.

In comes Mr Holloway, a man who rebuilt this club from the brink of not existing. A man who has a cushy job at Sky. Why on Earth would he want to come to QPR and risk his good status with the fans? Why would ANY manager come here with minimal transfer budget against teams like Villa and Newcastle spending mega money?

I'm not denying I find his interviews incredibly irritating, and I'm not saying I've forgotten him being too complacent at the end of the season. Nor have i forgot the fantastic run before that, or how no one was complaining about "hoof ball" when we were winning.

If you’re calling yourself a supporter, start supporting. We’ve had enough negativity at the club to last a lifetime.
      Top post. I'd wager you'll have to don that tin hat though.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Bang on the money pal

Comment

Many failed managers

Who do you think you are coming on here with all your Positivity! surely you must know this is not the place for such radical thinking! Away with you man! this is no place for such crazy talk!! go before we unleash the hounds!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
            Who do you think you are coming on here with all your Positivity! surely you must know this is not the place for such radical thinking! Away with you man! this is no place for such crazy talk!! go before we unleash the hounds!
            Apologies :( i'll keep my thoughts to myself!

Comment

Many failed managers

Come back with that at end of August.

Comment

• Loving the club means #### all if you can't do your job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                  Loving the club means #### all if you can't do your job.
                  Played very well but didn't get the results in first run of 6 losses

Then form team in Championship

Then messed around with the squad because he thought we were safe. Thinking we were safe by then was VERY stupid, but doesn't mean you ignore what happened before that?

Comment

• Holloway the saviour?
                    The guy lost 2 lots of 6 games on the trot.
                    We avoided relegation by a gnats ####
                    Do really think that he is going to be any better this coming season?
                    Lets hope the plug is pulled on him sooner rather than later.

Comment

• wait and see re Sylla might not be last either!

Comment

Haha christ, we've got a new ITK King now...
                        Lol wait and see pal

Comment

Many failed managers

Sorry mate but Holloway is not a fan, just keen to get a pay check when no one else wanted him, plenty would have taken the job but powers that be wanted people like you onside. Trouble is people who know what they are doing should be making football decisions, not ones to keep fans happy because everything else including spending millions has failed

Comment

• QPR boss clarifies ‘bomb’ remark
                            Read more at http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...es-bomb-remark

Comment

• I think we have no other option to get on with where we are and Ollie now.

I would of preferred a younger kind of manager from the lower league's, someone who is the next Rowett or something and I'd be interested to know the reasons why we didn't take another punt on a JFH type from League 1 or 2. Any other manager is as much of a risk as Ollie coming back trying to recreate the past.

We are where we are though and we have to accept it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                                Sorry mate but Holloway is not a fan, just keen to get a pay check when no one else wanted him, plenty would have taken the job but powers that be wanted people like you onside. Trouble is people who know what they are doing should be making football decisions, not ones to keep fans happy because everything else including spending millions has failed
                                People like me on side? What does that even mean? If you're referring to someone who has had a season ticket for 23 years (I'm 26 btw), my Dad having one for 54 years and my Grandad for god knows how long before him, wanting to support their club through thicken and thin then yeah that's me

It's not about being a happy clapper or not seeing Holloways or anyone elses flaws, its about supporting your damn club. I'm sure it will all end in tears, it always does in football, but Holloway is here and for now he's not going anywhere. So whilst he's here, i'm supporting him,

You can keep moaning about it on message boards or you could try and be positive and support your club and see what happens! Just a thought

Comment

Working...
                                X