Bidwell and Luongo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
    True Holloway played 4231 both games if bidwell is not going past half way he will do a job. Robinson played in a weaker 11 and offered so much more scored organised young kids at centre back.
    Problem is that we cant bank on Robinson. Great player to have when fit, but history tell us that he'll miss far more than he plays. We need 2 back up left backs if Robinson is first choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
      Unless we get offered silly money then we shouldn't be letting decent players leave, we need a squad and letting these sort of players leave, will weaken us.
      Nah not avin that Kit the only decent player we've got is Smithies whose worth a decent screw and we need the money for other positions bear in mind we have a replacement for him , Freeman must be kept , the others I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep over them being sold , but some I would lose sleep over them staying

Comment

That's probably down to Holloway not knowing best 11 or formation I'll be honest we should of hammered posh Smith was wasteful but effective and 4231 looked to suit us without hall yeah you can say there a league lower but reality not beat forest we would of been in there with them.

Comment

Bidwell I would let go if a replacement is found who is a faster version of him. Fullbacks need pace these days.

Would not let Luongo go unless it's stupid money.

Interesting point on Freeman though, is how much would you sell him for? If 3/4 million, that's a sizeable profit made in 6 months... Obviously don't want him sold think he's quality but if this is the type of club we are now then that would represent good business
          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Nah not avin that Kit the only decent player we've got is Smithies whose worth a decent screw and we need the money for other positions bear in mind we have a replacement for him , Freeman must be kept , the others I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep over them being sold , but some I would lose sleep over them staying
            The thing your missing though mate is the cost and hassle of replacing these players. the last couple of seasons has proven that we haven't got enough decent youths coming through just to sell players and replace from the development squad. This means that we have to go market for a new player when we sell someone, and with that comes agent fees, signing on fees etc., as well as most likely a transfer fee in an inflated market.

If we are to sell Bidwell tomorrow for a half million quid, where would we go to find a better replacement for the same money or less?
            Last edited by Tarbie; 18-07-2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              The thing your missing though mate is the cost and hassle of replacing these players. the last couple of seasons has proven that we haven't got enough decent youths coming through just to sell players and replace from the development squad. This means that we have to go market for a new players when we sell someone, and with that comes agent fees, signing on fees etc, as well as most likely a transfer fee in an inflated market.

If we are to sell Bidwell tomorrow for a half million quid, where would we go to find a better replacement for the same money or less?
              Gotcha on agents fees and youth coming through ! But bear in mind if you've read Ollie's comments on the amount of poor singings in the past catching up with us , we've had upwards to 30 players over The last two and a half years wear as about 15 of a better quality would have made far more sense for me the time has come to stop gambling in numbers and buy fewer but look a bit higher the but the bug bear in this it probably mean late signings

Comment

Gotcha on agents fees and youth coming through ! But bear in mind if you've read Ollie's comments on the amount of poor singings in the past catching up with us , we've had upwards to 30 players over The last two and a half years wear as about 15 of a better quality would have made far more sense for me the time has come to stop gambling in numbers and buy fewer but look a bit higher the but the bug bear in this it probably mean late signings
                Fewer doesn't work in this league mate. 46 league games plus 2 cups (albeit that normally only amounts to 2 or 3 games for us). You need 2 decent players in each position with youngsters beyond that really!

Comment

The thing your missing though mate is the cost and hassle of replacing these players. the last couple of seasons has proven that we haven't got enough decent youths coming through just to sell players and replace from the development squad. This means that we have to go market for a new player when we sell someone, and with that comes agent fees, signing on fees etc., as well as most likely a transfer fee in an inflated market.

Exactly. Selling him now is unnecessary gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                    We paid £1.5m for Bidwell, I would push Forest for as close to £1m but in all honesty, I think we'll get about £750k. Which would total our outgoings at £3m.
                    Getting Caulker off the payroll is key also.

O
                    Wow, so you'd happily take a huge loss on a player after one season?

Can't believe some of the posts I'm reading in this thread.

Comment

Fewer doesn't work in this league mate. 46 league games plus 2 cups (albeit that normally only amounts to 2 or 3 games for us). You need 2 decent players in each position with youngsters beyond that really!
                      Agree but dross does'nt work either look at last season hanging on by our finger nails but I don't really agree about 2 players for every position thats why lower league managers like to have a few that can cover more than one position ie m/fielders can usually cover at fb wide players can offer something as a makeshift strike or play in the hole note Ollie using Hall at c/mid

Comment

Agree but dross does'nt work either look at last season hanging on by our finger nails but I don't really agree about 2 players for every position thats why lower league managers like to have a few that can cover more than one position ie m/fielders can usually cover at fb wide players can offer something as a makeshift strike or play in the hole note Ollie using Hall at c/mid
                        Agree that some players can cover more than one position. But in a league like the Championship, to compete you will need upwards of 23 players that are strong enough for the first team. Looking at our squad, I'd say we have 23 or 24 players that are of 1st team standard. In my mind, that means we shouldn't really be letting anyone go without a
                        replacement lined up..........of course, with the exception of the likes of Caulker and El Khayati who clearly have no future with the club.

Comment

Yeah I m in agreement with what you say but my point is over the last two and a half years we've replaced dross with dross where we've brought in neigh on 30 players we'd have been better sticking with some of the dross and bringing in about 15 of a higher ability and now is the time to start thinking along those lines as there's unlikely to promotion or religation , I certainly don't think there should be a mass clear out and go and do the same as what we've been doing

Comment

Working...
                          X