Bidwell and Luongo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
    If you had seen how pi$$ poor he was v Peterborough you wouldn't pay more than £10.00 for him if we paid 2.5m for him sums up the scout that suggested him. He's got massive limitations over the half way line can't cross consistently yes he likes a tackle but a fit Robinson is a much better player
    Can't disagree with you there, but as a left back (rather than a wing back), he's more than sufficient at this level. Problem is we played him as a left wing back most of last season.

Comment

If selling these 2 means we can fund some incoming AND keep Smithies then do it.

Comment

If you had seen how pi$$ poor he was v Peterborough you wouldn't pay more than £10.00 for him if we paid 2.5m for him sums up the scout that suggested him. He's got massive limitations over the half way line can't cross consistently yes he likes a tackle but a fit Robinson is a much better player
        Problem is we need a mix of the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          I think a fit Robinson would be a cracking player at this level. Unfortunately he has all the hallmarks of a player that will miss more games than he plays!

Comment

The scout that recommended him Gordon Bennett ! did we need him to be scouted he was only a bus ride away , there's not the slightest reason why everybody dof manager coaches wasn't familiar with Bidwell limitations and obviously he was bought as a full back now we need a wingback he's crap who is to blame the man who has the final word not Bidwell

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
              Harsh. What's wrong with Bidwell? Ok he isn't the best left back in the league but not are we the best club. He is a solid left back who is still only 24/25 and had his debut season at a new struggling club. Should keep him and see if the challenge with Robinson improves him.

Loungo. The most underrated player at the club. On his day he can mix it with the best midfielders in the league. Same again he needs to push on with influencing a game more but we would be foolish to let him go now.

I'm not saying they are irreplaceable but I can't see us replacing them easily so why don't we have a go at supporting our players.

Seems the view on here is that every single player we have is sh!t but any other player will do.

Agree with ablock, theyve only had roughly one season and might also kick on from here with being youngish and first season! there was nothing wrong with both when we hit our form patch so abit hasty judsging players so early!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

If Bidwell is off it would mean Robinson as first choice and Hamalainen as second, I could live with that..

Comment

wouldn't be bad business for that type of money both flattered to deceive last year Luongo goes missing in too many games Bidwell average, but with the way our management work and DOF not sure we'll bring in any better

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post
                    If Bidwell is off it would mean Robinson as first choice and Hamalainen as second, I could live with that..

Or it means we have someone lined up to replace him but we need to sell first ?

We paid £1.5m for Bidwell, I would push Forest for as close to £1m but in all honesty, I think we'll get about £750k. Which would total our outgoings at £3m.
                    Getting Caulker off the payroll is key also.

As for Luongo, I would keep him or tell Forest not to bother unless they offer £5m. He's not worth that but he's young, an international who's just signed a new contract and they are currently minted. TBH, I'd take £4m !

We need to try to keep Smithies if at all possible. No one really knows how good or average Ingram is and if Sun'lan want him, they should part with a sizeable chunk of cash, £7.5m+ IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Agree with ablock, theyve only had roughly one season and might also kick on from here with being youngish and first season! there was nothing wrong with both when we hit our form patch so abit hasty judsging players so early!
                      good players on their day but their day is too far and few between and they could be easily replaced plus the money could just as easily be reinvested somewhere else

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post

We paid £1.5m for Bidwell, I would push Forest for as close to £1m but in all honesty, I think we'll get about £750k. Which would total our outgoings at £3m.

As for Luongo, I would keep him or tell Forest not to bother unless they offer £5m. He's not worth that but he's young, an international who's just signed a new contract and they are currently minted. TBH, I'd take £4m !

We need to try to keep Smithies if at all possible. No one really knows how good or average Ingram is and if Sun'lan want him, they should part with a sizeable chunk of cash, £7.5m+ IMO
                        I don't see the point in letting decent players go for that kind of money in the current market. As we have seen by the slow progress we are making in the transfer market, getting deals done on a budget is very tricky these days!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post

We know that Forrest have plenty of cash after selling Assombalonga so my guess he will not leave for less then we payed?

I think you are totally correct in your discussion with Loungo, they will have to pay up in that case. Smithies won't be sold unless a "PL club"? He also signed a new contract, probably with a PL-clause in it?

Comment

We'll get our money back for Bidwell he's been a good player for Warburton and he knows knows him well

Comment

Unless we get offered silly money then we shouldn't be letting decent players leave, we need a squad and letting these sort of players leave, will weaken us.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                True Holloway played 4231 both games if bidwell is not going past half way he will do a job. Robinson played in a weaker 11 and offered so much more scored organised young kids at centre back.

Comment

Working...
                                X