Bidwell and Luongo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidwell and Luongo

Forrest both been heavily linked with both players and have just sold Britt Assambalonga for a whopping 15 million quid to Boro.

In this inflated market I wouldn't mind either being sold as long as we put a premium on their price. Could be the money we need to improve other areas.

Luongo 4-5 mill
    Bidwell 3-4 mill

Potentially 7-8 mill there for players who definitely had mixed reviews from us fans last year.

Bidwell 1 million max, just doesn't excel at anything
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

sell bidwell all day long

Comment

how much did we sign bidwell for? 2.5m wasnt it? i reckon we could get 4m for him in the current market, we've been pretty good at making a profit on players we've helped develop like polter and chery.

it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world selling either as we have an abundance of midfielders and both our leftbacks arent up to scratch or always injured. the money could go a long way in patching up our defence with some quality players

Comment

Bidwell is not even worth £50K.... we will have to take a massive loss on the £2.5mil we inexplicably shelled out on him. As for us "developing players"........ that is the funniest statement I've read this century. Don't confuse getting a fee for a player under contract with developing players - we turn players into carthorses, wasters, head cases and complacent lazy want-away sods. We most definitely do not improve players with coaching and tactics..

Comment

Would normally say no loss let them go but the state of our squad and nothing imminent coming in I'd say we need to hold on a bit before we further weaken this bang average squad.

Comment

Both going would weaken the squad. Not enough to make a difference.

Comment

Wouldn't give a toss about bidwell going but agree with jimmy our squad is too thin to let Luongo leave as well

Comment

Let them both go. Loungo very overrated and like WeAre said Bidwell doesn't excel at anything. If we can get £5m for the pair we are laughing!!
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

We paid 1.5mill for bidwell. If robinson is up to a full season then bidwell is sellable. Luongo has his price too
                    Last edited by Hove Ranger; 18-07-2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Harsh. What's wrong with Bidwell? Ok he isn't the best left back in the league but not are we the best club. He is a solid left back who is still only 24/25 and had his debut season at a new struggling club. Should keep him and see if the challenge with Robinson improves him.

Loungo. The most underrated player at the club. On his day he can mix it with the best midfielders in the league. Same again he needs to push on with influencing a game more but we would be foolish to let him go now.

I'm not saying they are irreplaceable but I can't see us replacing them easily so why don't we have a go at supporting our players.

Seems the view on here is that every single player we have is sh!t but any other player will do.

Comment

Wouldn't let Bidwell go yet. Would wait to see how Robinson settles in and then look to shift Bidwell in the next transfer window. If Robinson gets injured again we'll need Bidwell until we can find a new left-back.

Wouldn't sell Luongo unless we had someone better lined up.

Comment

Would keep Bidwell.

Comment

Not sure we paid as much as 2.5m for Bidwell.

Personally I think both players should be available for the right price. In the current market though, I'd set the price high. Luongo (love him or hate him) is rated very highly, with many expecting him to go on to be a top flight player one day. Personally I'd hold out for 10m for the pair of them. High I know, but dafter money is being spent at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                              how much did we sign bidwell for? 2.5m wasnt it? i reckon we could get 4m for him in the current market, we've been pretty good at making a profit on players we've helped develop like polter and chery.

it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world selling either as we have an abundance of midfielders and both our leftbacks arent up to scratch or always injured. the money could go a long way in patching up our defence with some quality players
                              If you had seen how pi$$ poor he was v Peterborough you wouldn't pay more than £10.00 for him if we paid 2.5m for him sums up the scout that suggested him. He's got massive limitations over the half way line can't cross consistently yes he likes a tackle but a fit Robinson is a much better player

Comment

Working...
                              X