Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Smith -- Tall but...

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by West Acton
    Tarbs I actually don't care as long as we win, I know I'm in the minority with that view, but it's especially hard to take when you play like that but lose most weeks

I would add however he seems decent bloke and is no trouble at all I like him and he is better then I initially anticipated but he's not a player to start games unless that game dictates it's going be scrappy and nasty
    With you on that too mate. But what we definitely cannot do is play hoof ball and lose every week.

I like Smith too mate. It's the way that we seem to want to play when he is on the pitch that I don't like. Almost like having a bloke that's 6 and a half foot up top is an excuse to do nothing but hoof it!
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

2. Default

Whilst I would put Sylla in my first XI and have Smith as an impact sub, I'd have to say he is a lot better than most people on here are saying.

Originally Posted by Shepherds Mush
    Whilst I would put Sylla in my first XI and have Smith as an impact sub, I'd have to say he is a lot better than most people on here are saying.
    Agree with that.

Originally Posted by Kevin Mcleod
    Can we make him the new Gladwin, or is there an even better candidate?
    Originally Posted by Norths
    The first silly post in this thread after reading through what was a good discussion.
    Originally Posted by Kevin Mcleod
    Why is it silly. Someone always gets the boo boy treatment lately.
    It's called constructive criticism. The OP made that v clear. It's not always so black and white - just because a player is constructively criticised that doesn't somehow make it an attack on him, the club or the fans. So the 'boo boy' claim is a complete straw man.

Well im still peed off with the way Gladwin was literally booed out of the club without a proper chance. Dont think supporters realise what booing can do or cause.
    Im just not into 'tall but crap' type threads so used my forum perogat6ive to say so in my sarcastic manner sir.
    Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 19-07-2017 at 08:48 PM.

6. Default

Matt Smith, Matt Smith
    Matty Matty Smith
    He's 6 foot tall and heads the ball
    Matty Matty Smith

7. Default

Originally Posted by Shepherds Mush
    Matt Smith, Matt Smith
    Matty Matty Smith
    He's 6 foot tall and heads the ball
    Matty Matty Smith
    He's got a head like a threepenny bit.