No announcement yet.

Matt Smith -- Tall but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offered nothing today defenders beat him to nearly every header but not just him Yeni furlongs Washington the rest wasn't that bad

Comment

Not great with his head flicking ball on given his size

Comment

Wonder what peoples opinion of smith is now and have they changed?
        That header was so good and he rminds me of helguson.
        Only toughie is do we start him or keep him as our very own super sub?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Wonder what peoples opinion of smith is now and have they changed?
          That header was so good and he rminds me of helguson.
          Only toughie is do we start him or keep him as our very own super sub?
          He's joint top scorer, which is pretty good considering he never starts games. Been thinking for a while now that he deserves a starting place alongside either Conor or Sylla.

Comment

Deserves a start after getting the winner imo. Sylla on after an hour if needed.

Comment

He’s done his job and it was good headed but missed a sitter too so let’s not make out he’s the second coming. We know how we play when he starts pure long ball. Off the bench at the end of the game is his role in my opinion and when he’s at his best

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                He’s done his job and it was good headed but missed a sitter too so let’s not make out he’s the second coming. We know how we play when he starts pure long ball. Off the bench at the end of the game is his role in my opinion and when he’s at his best
                Like Sylla the week before.
                Nice problem to have, but i think i agree he is best used as an impact sub. It really works.

Comment

Completely agree with you there Wests.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Whilst I would put Sylla in my first XI and have Smith as an impact sub, I'd have to say he is a lot better than most people on here are saying.
                    This.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I'd hardly call the one he missed 'a sitter'. Plus the trouble with that is what's the alternative? IMO starting CW with Sylla is not our best starting pair. Furthermore, is Smith any more effective coming off the bench than Sylla? Arguably not. Then look at the poll results for the "Should Washington be dropped" poll to see how the vast majority here voted (for the record I never voted to drop him). So taking all that into account, I’d argue that Smith has done enough to warrant a starting berth (not to mention he's also joint top scorer).

Comment

Ive been calling for smith and sylla for a few weeks but after seeing washingline and sylla together and the massive influence smith has as a sub i think thats our best option now.

Comment

I think Smith is a good option as a sub where he can be used as an aerial target.
                          Sylla is s better choice for starting games as he will not be used as a target for a long ball style of game.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            I think Smith is a good option as a sub where he can be used as an aerial target.
                            Sylla is s better choice for starting games as he will not be used as a target for a long ball style of game.
                            I agree. Bring Smith on to hassle defenders when they're tired.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              I'd hardly call the one he missed 'a sitter'. Plus the trouble with that is what's the alternative? IMO starting CW with Sylla is not our best starting pair. Furthermore, is Smith any more effective coming off the bench than Sylla? Arguably not. Then look at the poll results for the "Should Washington be dropped" poll to see how the vast majority here voted (for the record I never voted to drop him). So taking all that into account, I’d argue that Smith has done enough to warrant a starting berth (not to mention he's also joint top scorer).
                              personally wheeler and sylla would be my choice up front, good in the air and can dribble too plus most importantly they know where the back of the net is which is something we've really lacked, we get the ball into positions and have a great number of shots every game near enough but don't ever put them away. i'm sure everyone on this forum has seen tonnes of shots that should have been goals already this season. cw and sylla would still be better starting a game than smith and sylla as to cw's credit, he does get around the pitch a lot, has a great first touch and can take players on on his day. i can't see smith fitting in with out game plan, hes only good in the air and when battering tired defenders tbh as he has pretty limited technical ability.

imo too though wheeler deserves a chance, the bloke has looked impressive whenever hes played but has never been given a full game to show himself.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                                personally wheeler and sylla would be my choice up front, good in the air and can dribble too plus most importantly they know where the back of the net is which is something we've really lacked, we get the ball into positions and have a great number of shots every game near enough but don't ever put them away. i'm sure everyone on this forum has seen tonnes of shots that should have been goals already this season. cw and sylla would still be better starting a game than smith and sylla as to cw's credit, he does get around the pitch a lot, has a great first touch and can take players on on his day. i can't see smith fitting in with out game plan, hes only good in the air and when battering tired defenders tbh as he has pretty limited technical ability.

imo too though wheeler deserves a chance, the bloke has looked impressive whenever hes played but has never been given a full game to show himself.
                                100% agree, but we are not likely to see them start anytime soon it would seem.

Comment

Working...
                                X