Matt Smith -- Tall but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Tarbs I actually don't care as long as we win, I know I'm in the minority with that view, but it's especially hard to take when you play like that but lose most weeks

I would add however he seems decent bloke and is no trouble at all I like him and he is better then I initially anticipated but he's not a player to start games unless that game dictates it's going be scrappy and nasty
    With you on that too mate. But what we definitely cannot do is play hoof ball and lose every week.

I like Smith too mate. It's the way that we seem to want to play when he is on the pitch that I don't like. Almost like having a bloke that's 6 and a half foot up top is an excuse to do nothing but hoof it!

Comment

Whilst I would put Sylla in my first XI and have Smith as an impact sub, I'd have to say he is a lot better than most people on here are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Whilst I would put Sylla in my first XI and have Smith as an impact sub, I'd have to say he is a lot better than most people on here are saying.
        Agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Can we make him the new Gladwin, or is there an even better candidate?
          Originally posted by Norths View Post
          The first silly post in this thread after reading through what was a good discussion.
          Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Why is it silly. Someone always gets the boo boy treatment lately.
          It's called constructive criticism. The OP made that v clear. It's not always so black and white - just because a player is constructively criticised that doesn't somehow make it an attack on him, the club or the fans. So the 'boo boy' claim is a complete straw man.

Comment

Well im still peed off with the way Gladwin was literally booed out of the club without a proper chance. Dont think supporters realise what booing can do or cause.
            Im just not into 'tall but crap' type threads so used my forum perogat6ive to say so in my sarcastic manner sir.
            Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 19-07-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Matt Smith, Matt Smith
              Matty Matty Smith
              He's 6 foot tall and heads the ball
              Matty Matty Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Matt Smith, Matt Smith
                Matty Matty Smith
                He's 6 foot tall and heads the ball
                Matty Matty Smith
                He's got a head like a threepenny bit.

Comment

QPR striker 'frustrated' at lack of opportunities but is keen to impress as former Leeds and Fulham star prepares for Burton Albion test: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...ities-13653657

Comment

In positive way he is not happy not playing which is in contrast to others we have had in recent times

It feels like he has had decent amount of game time when compared to others as he always comes on off the bench

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      In positive way he is not happy not playing which is in contrast to others we have had in recent times

It feels like he has had decent amount of game time when compared to others as he always comes on off the bench
                      tbh he always seems to do better when coming off the bench too so it makes sense. mackie and washington soften the defence for him, hes a very limited striker but damn well effective

Comment

Think I'd actually start Smith tomorrow.
                        Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 22-09-2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

We tend to play long ball to him with his back to play. He is much better when the ball is crossed and he is facing the goal. Still has trouble directing a heading though.
                          Sylla uses his body more and can control a ball better. How many more chances does Washington get. He is approaching 60 games and has 8 goals from open play.
                          Time to give Wheeler a crack ands see what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                            Having a lump up front is percentages football, where the odds are against you.
                            Let's face it, any centre back worth his salt should be able to deal with most of headers that come his way.
                            The bottom line is you need intelligent players to anticipate where the odd lose ball or flick on will end up, otherwise the whole thing becomes an exercise in futility.
                            At the moment we don't have that but maybe Washington and Smith will finally gel.
                            Personally, like many on here I'd go Cilla to start. The ball seems to stick to him like Velcro so he can easily bring other players into play with his back to goal. Not only that, he obviouly knows where the net is.
                            If Ollie won't play him because he thinks he's lazy, i genuinely think Ollie is losing the plot. He's our best striker by far and if Ollie keeps him out of the team over a point of principle he's shooting himself in the foot, well and truly.
                            Any centre backs but ours?
                            Last edited by Stanley; 22-09-2017, 12:05 PM. Reason: quote marks fixed

Comment

matt smith

another brian bedford cant score on the floor
                              but an arial genius hatricks for him are a saddening bore
                              poor burtan will crumble at the sight
                              of this collosal giant just look at his might
                              everytime that ball comes over from the wing
                              he heads it into the goal one more time boy those headers do sting
                              just listen to the r block sing
                              as loftus road greets there new king
                              six lovely goals go sailing into the net
                              as you supporters get a lessson in tactics you never forget
                              all you ollie doubters can go and jump in the lake
                              give ollie a chance for ###x,s sake
                              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

smith not a starter for me , he's to slow and long ball football from kick off is predictable and boring , time to give syilla a start and play it on the floor , we should have enough for this lot today but will have to up it for next friday

Comment

Working...
                                X