The new approach....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new approach....

We have bought and tried big names, big fees, league 1 players and foreign potential.

None to date have worked... we as fans as schizophrenic with our wants and needs to remedy the clubs malady.

What we haven't tried is to stop buying, galvanising a squad with an element of certainty and working on using our youth to plug the gaps. Just maybe this is the latest idea.

I know many on here are calling out for certain positions to be filled based on performances last season - totally understandable. However the players when bought were believed to be more than capable in those positions and just maybe there were and are.

If we are sliding down the league as others suspect then we can go out and plug the gaps.

I am not certain that this method will bring success but it seems a hell of a lot more prudent than buying 8 new players and attempting to get rid of 8 more every window.

"If we are sliding down the league as others suspect then we can go out and plug the gaps."

How do we do this outside of the transfer window? (no longer a loan window either)

Agree with the point you're making, but we still need to make small improvements every summer otherwise you end up standing still

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
      "If we are sliding down the league as others suspect then we can go out and plug the gaps."

How do we do this outside of the transfer window? (no longer a loan window either)

Agree with the point you're making, but we still need to make small improvements every summer otherwise you end up standing still
      I suspect small to be the operative word.

Comment

Minuscule?

Comment

its about getting a system that suits , booting out any lazy a£ses , and instilling a fighting spirit

Comment

Totally get what the op is saying. I actually think the players out should be the ones that have been here a while and got complacent. I'd look to move on players like Mackie, nedum, caulker I mean these are big earners that aren't needed. Some of last years players need to be given a chance
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

dunno how mackie has ever been complacent tbh, thats the one thing hes not been. heck, people even joke that all he is is a chest beater who runs around a lot. hes not on big wages either and imo is a dependable player when you need him, we went on our good run when he came back into the side last season.

agree on ned and definately caulker though, caulkers a cert for leaving i reckon (and good riddence you waste of money, no sympathy for a thief).
              cant see ned going though tbh, i'm not his biggest fan either but he looks like part of the furniture now at the club and no amount of feng shui will move him on

Comment

Good post corbray

Comment

If we do need splash out on striker like many are suggesting appears from Twitter Remy is off to wolves on loan. If he's prepared to go their I'm sure if we wanted him he would come ours on loan over them. Views??

Comment

Wolves are happy to splash the cash so no surprise he'd be prepared to go there.

What a sad decline for the lad, though.

Comment

Wolves are paying out big money, we're not in the same league as wolves who have certainly splashed the cash

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                        Wolves are happy to splash the cash so no surprise he'd be prepared to go there.

What a sad decline for the lad, though.
                        Probably be injured 90% of the time he is there anyway.

Comment

Wolves would appear to be following rule book we did. They need get it right first few seasons or the fooked

Comment

Both approaches have been dismal failures. The only difference is the spend loads approach gave us some hope. It's always the hope that kills you! At least we now expect mediocrity!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              If we do need splash out on striker like many are suggesting appears from Twitter Remy is off to wolves on loan. If he's prepared to go their I'm sure if we wanted him he would come ours on loan over them. Views??
                              Got a feeling he'll end up at Everton

Comment

Working...
                              X