Away match prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Away match prices

Another board has a thread about Sheffield Wednesday potential ticket price saying could be as much as £42, I know we are expensive and charge away fans up to £35 in this league (someone may know exact amount) and we also only take £2 off for some awful restricted views but £42? The game has gone mad if that's the case for 2nd tier football, I went to a handful of away games last season and they were all around £25, some away grounds had really good facilities with my favorites being Newcastle and Fulham. Anyone pay a high away ticket price last season?

been their many times in years past even got thrown out when away fans shared the same cafe/restaurant with home fans for slinging a fat bully , but no way would i pay that unless it was a play off game or semi final of a cup

Comment

All championship fans should totally boycott any away game that costs over £25..... no point moaning/grumbling - just don't go. I reckon such action would cost Wednesday (and others probably) well over £half-a-million over the season and would soon bring them to heel.

Comment

I've heard we're a category A game, and it'll be £49. #### take if true.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          All championship fans should totally boycott any away game that costs over £25..... no point moaning/grumbling - just don't go. I reckon such action would cost Wednesday (and others probably) well over £half-a-million over the season and would soon bring them to heel.
          here here

Comment

Quite simple, don't go.

Comment

Give £25 to the poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                I've heard we're a category A game, and it'll be £49. #### take if true.
                Off the scale if £49, it's Sheffield Wednesday or man utd.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  Quite simple, don't go.
                  Not going is the only way to stop this rip off but it requires everybody to swerve it to have desired effect. Our prices can be high but Sheffield Wednesday have performed a miracle if they get money like that out of yorkshiremen.

Comment

I've already booked trains for that so will stump up whatever they charge, but £42 is a joke if true. Should never be more than £25 IMHO.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

It's a game I'm able to go to and also want to so will more than likely go despite price. As said earlier though the only way to stop it is not to go.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        I've already booked trains for that so will stump up whatever they charge, but £42 is a joke if true. Should never be more than £25 IMHO.
                        Im driving up to away games this season, but I refuse to pay that much for a match ticket. Unreal.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                          It's a game I'm able to go to and also want to so will more than likely go despite price. As said earlier though the only way to stop it is not to go.
                          There is your problem. People will stump up regardless. Blind loyalty.

Respect to you guys but I'm nobodies mug.

Comment

Ipswich have made contact with all the clubs saying we will sell tickets for £25 for away fans if the other club agrees. Sheff Wed have turned it down so Ipswich will be charging Wednesday fans whatever they are charged.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                              Ipswich have made contact with all the clubs saying we will sell tickets for £25 for away fans if the other club agrees. Sheff Wed have turned it down so Ipswich will be charging Wednesday fans whatever they are charged.
                              thats a brilliant idea from ipswich and i hope other clubs jump on board. the whole away day is expensive enough as it is, its the families that i feel most sorry for, going to shef wesnesday away must cost at least 200 quid for a family of 4 when you factor in ticket prices and train tickets

Comment

Working...
                              X