We are 100% going down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Route One View Post
    We've played 8 league games this year and 6 of those against teams most would say would finish in the top 12 this season (Wednesday, Hull, Cardiff, Boro, Norwich, Reading)
    We've only played two games against Ipswich and Milwall outside of that.

Would also like someone to name a club side anywhere in the world that would cope and maintain their standard with 5 centre backs out.

We've done well this year. I think if you rationally look at our games and our circumstances you'd see that.

Problem is as is so often the case on forums, people put an opinion out there and then stick by it and sustain it despite the evidence in the hope of being provide 'right'.

Being proved right about opinions you formed last season seems to be really important to you and to me it comes across that you are seeking the negatives and looking to spin things in a way that makes you feel better despite the results and in particular the performances now suggesting otherwise
    I think you hit the nail in the head when you say we are only 8 games into the season. Those 8 games we have shown some promise and I am reasonably happy with those, admittedly with some reservations. If things continue in that rough vein and we start to grind some results away as well I will be pleasantly surprised. Way too early to judge though. As I have said elsewhere could go either way.

Ollie's last consistently good spell with a club was Blackpool which came to an end in 2012, some five years ago.

His overall record with us (this time around) 14-5-22
    Millwall - 14-19-29
    Palace - 14-18-18

Also managed to take Leicester down to League One for the first time in their history prior to joining Blackpool. So overall record over last 5 years 42-42-69.

I am not naïve enough to think we should be getting a Mourinho so whoever we get will have ups and downs but after how appalling last season was it is only natural to have concerns going into a new campaign with the same manager.

Evidentially it would suggest we have a limited manager so that sensibly should be our starting point. Looking more short term and this season only we have promise. If we are still doing that after say another 10 games or so I would say doubters such as me can start to feel a little more comfortable. We after all want the same thing and that is for the club to do well.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      after how appalling last season was it is only natural to have concerns going into a new campaign with the same manager.
      Conversely, I wonder if Brentford have no concerns at all at the moment because they were decent last season ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Conversely, I wonder if Brentford have no concerns at all at the moment because they were decent last season ?
        Brentford have had their team shredded so I am sure have many concerns.

We have the same manager and only a slightly tweaked squad so logically could expect to be similar to last season. Two six game losing runs, near relegation from a position of seeming safety ...

Fortunately so far we have shown an improvement. If that continues great but personally I need to see it sustained over a longer period and for us to get some results away from home.

Comment

Brentford have had their team shredded so I am sure have many concerns.
          Really? Thought it was just 3 players who ####ed off to Redknapp's promised land ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Really? Thought it was just 3 players who ####ed off to Redknapp's promised land ?
            Three key players albeit fail to see Brentford's relevance in the context of this thread in any event. Think I have clearly set out my stall. Believe Ollie limited as a manager, fell almost disastrously flat on his face last season with the most ridiculous free fall I have witnessed, even supporting the Rs, but so far this season team has looked much improved so waiting to see if that can be maintained or improved upon. Hopefully it can and we will all be happy.

Comment

I think you hit the nail in the head when you say we are only 8 games into the season. Those 8 games we have shown some promise and I am reasonably happy with those, admittedly with some reservations. If things continue in that rough vein and we start to grind some results away as well I will be pleasantly surprised. Way too early to judge though. As I have said elsewhere could go either way.
              Ollie's last consistently good spell with a club was Blackpool which came to an end in 2012, some five years ago.
              His overall record with us (this time around) 14-5-22
              Millwall - 14-19-29
              Palace - 14-18-18
              Also managed to take Leicester down to League One for the first time in their history prior to joining Blackpool. So overall record over last 5 years 42-42-69.
              I am not naïve enough to think we should be getting a Mourinho so whoever we get will have ups and downs but after how appalling last season was it is only natural to have concerns going into a new campaign with the same manager.
              Evidentially it would suggest we have a limited manager so that sensibly should be our starting point. Looking more short term and this season only we have promise. If we are still doing that after say another 10 games or so I would say doubters such as me can start to feel a little more comfortable. We after all want the same thing and that is for the club to do well.

Think you are the Alastair Campbell of this board. Spin, spin, spin

You could put up win-draw loss records with no context of what was realistic expectations for that club or you could just acknolwdge he’s got two clubs promoted from this league against the odds. Not many managers can claim that

Or you can keep pushig back the point at which we are judged. Watch any football pundit after the first MOTD when they show the table after game 1 and they all say you need 10 games to judge.
              Well by Wednesday we’ll have that

Comment

Three key players albeit fail to see Brentford's relevance in the context of this thread in any event. Think I have clearly set out my stall. Believe Ollie limited as a manager, fell almost disastrously flat on his face last season with the most ridiculous free fall I have witnessed, even supporting the Rs, but so far this season team has looked much improved so waiting to see if that can be maintained or improved upon. Hopefully it can and we will all be happy.
                Most ridiculous freefall assuming your not counting Birmingham and Zola in that very same season who inherited a play off team and came within one game of getting them relegated as opposed to Holloway who inherited a club who's soul had been ripped out, playing extremely boring football and with next to no budget to spend in January, but when he did spend he brought in Luke Freeman and Matt Smith and were at one point the form team in the championship and were unlucky to lose quite a few of those games in those losing streaks?

Is that the most ridiculous freefall you've witnessed?
                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Three key players albeit fail to see Brentford's relevance in the context of this thread in any event.
                  You said about being concerned about keeping a manager after an "appalling season". To date, Ollie has done well.

I'm just pointing out that you could have a decent season (finish 10th), keep the same manager and be in the sh*te (to date)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                    Most ridiculous freefall assuming your not counting Birmingham and Zola in that very same season who inherited a play off team and came within one game of getting them relegated as opposed to Holloway who inherited a club who's soul had been ripped out, playing extremely boring football and with next to no budget to spend in January, but when he did spend he brought in Luke Freeman and Matt Smith and were at one point the form team in the championship and were unlucky to lose quite a few of those games in those losing streaks?

Is that the most ridiculous freefall you've witnessed?
                    Apologies, meant at QPR in terms of freefall.

Disagree on what Ollie inherited but have given my views elsewhere.

Could also say we were lucky in a few of the games we did win.

We'll have to agree so far so good this season and hope for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Route One View Post
                      Think you are the Alastair Campbell of this board. Spin, spin, spin

You could put up win-draw loss records with no context of what was realistic expectations for that club or you could just acknolwdge he’s got two clubs promoted from this league against the odds. Not many managers can claim that

Or you can keep pushig back the point at which we are judged. Watch any football pundit after the first MOTD when they show the table after game 1 and they all say you need 10 games to judge.
                      Well by Wednesday we’ll have that
                      Nice spin, lol!

You will note I have said I want another 10 games to judge how Ollie doing this season so agree on that.

Comment

Nice spin, lol!

You will note I have said I want another 10 games to judge how Ollie doing this season so agree on that.
                        You should say 20 just in case things are still going OK after another 10 games

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                          You should say 20 just in case things are still going OK after another 10 games

20 games in and he'll still be itching on the matchday thread and last season will get mentioned again
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Bump
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• I was waiting for this thread to show up again
                              Come the end of the season will it gain BOOOOOOM levels of infamy?
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2