No announcement yet.

We are 100% going down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the wins will come , keep the faith . we were unlucky at boro , their winner crossed the line and should have been a corner/ goal kick and we hit the post or bar near the end . small margins at times win or lose games

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Oh give it a break furtive, good job youre not hiring and firing then as we wouldnt have this good progress we've got now and youd be a muppet if you dont think ollie wasnt trying things out last season to get a formation and players suited to it! Yes we sailed far too close and he knows that but he was trying things out which wasnt good in the end but look at our great signings and our midfield now!
      So we have gone from being an underachieving nightmare last season to bang average this season. I guess technically this is progress.

As for last season yes I'm sure Ollie had the intention of trying a few things out but 7 losses in last 8 games suggests he lost control of the situation and couldn't then put it right which is worrying. Also fails to explain previous losing run ... Also plenty of other things would have been trying things out in latter part of season but most of them didn't fall apart.

What we have now is a team that so far are able to win at home but lose away. It is only 8 games in. We cannot judge progress properly for probably another 10 games or so. Midfield does looks promising so hopefully can build on it. You do though need to be objective.

If we can maintain home form and start to grind out some points away I will be a very happy fox. If we revert to last season's form I will be howling at the moon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
        Tarbie I think you're a very reasonable bloke and always put your arguments across very well.

Problem with this is displays against Newcastle away and Reading away show he isn't limited tactically, and even this season with Boro away who hadn't conceded at home this point and the £££ they spent we gave a VERY good account of ourselves, especially with about 5 first team players missing.

Also, as a side point, Pep inherited a Barca squad where the football ethos was already there and a ridiculous Bayern squad so didn't really have to do much. He got found out at City last year but is making improvements.

And as for Jose, couldn't keep Chelsea players on side over an argument with a physio and I have no doubt he'll fall out with a few United players too.

My point with that is, you can be tactically the best in the world, but if you haven't got players on side wanting to play, you are nothing.
        Fair feedback mate.

And yes, I appreciate that the Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola reference was a bit daft. The only point I was trying to make was that I don't actually think it's that unfair to label Ollie as tactically limited. All managers have their limitations of course, nobody is perfect. In my eyes, Ollie is better than most at this level at motivating a dressing room (of course with a couple jobs along the way where he wasn't able to get the players going). Where I see Ollie's limitations are very much around the tactical side of the game.

You've made a couple of very accurate observations where Ollie has absolutely nailed his match tactics. What I will also say is that there are also plenty of examples where he has tried to be clever and got it all wrong, the first half at home to Huddersfield last season being a classic example. We battered them in the 2nd half, but ultimately lost because of a tactical shambles in the first 45 minutes.

All said and done though, I'm really pleased with what I've seen this season. You've got to give Ollie his dues. He's done a great job in the transfer window on limited funds and we are playing good football. Look just about a top 10 side to me at the moment!
        Last edited by Tarbie; 20-09-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Brentford aside and don't think we have had a bad performance this season. Some games have been hard work but the effort and endeavour has been there

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            So we have gone from being an underachieving nightmare last season to bang average this season. I guess technically this is progress.

As for last season yes I'm sure Ollie had the intention of trying a few things out but 7 losses in last 8 games suggests he lost control of the situation and couldn't then put it right which is worrying. Also fails to explain previous losing run ... Also plenty of other things would have been trying things out in latter part of season but most of them didn't fall apart.

What we have now is a team that so far are able to win at home but lose away. It is only 8 games in. We cannot judge progress properly for probably another 10 games or so. Midfield does looks promising so hopefully can build on it. You do though need to be objective.

If we can maintain home form and start to grind out some points away I will be a very happy fox. If we revert to last season's form I will be howling at the moon.

Like i said before, i think we should listen to you as we`re not improving, we should have a much better manager who actually knows what tactics are, we should ignore all the great little players we`ve signed as it was just a fluke and also the good vibe backs just false really & just get rid now while we`re at it otherwise all thats going on might continue, we need a top of the league manager like rowett whos won loads of things as a manager etc etc etc, but we`ll be much better starting off from scratch.....
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Probably close to that, depends on opposition. With another manager would probably hope for bit better.
              lolololol

Comment

• Just quoted tarbies last bit for you furtive, but youre right we should of got rid

"All said and done though, I'm really pleased with what I've seen this season. You've got to give Ollie his dues. He's done a great job in the transfer window on limited funds and we are playing good football. Look just about a top 10 side to me at the moment!"

Comment

Just quoted tarbies last bit for you furtive, but youre right we should of got rid

"All said and done though, I'm really pleased with what I've seen this season. You've got to give Ollie his dues. He's done a great job in the transfer window on limited funds and we are playing good football. Look just about a top 10 side to me at the moment!"
                  And that's coming from the front man of the anti-Ollie brigade Pinks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Haha wellll ffs old furtives one of those waiting for us to put a foot wrong, you can sniff/sense it lol, hates the fact we are showing improvements everywhere, you can smell on the matchday threads, a few of them

Comment

Hold up who made you chairman I wanted that job

This season Ollie has done great job long may it continue

Comment

Haha wellll ffs old furtives one of those waiting for us to put a foot wrong, you can sniff/sense it lol, hates the fact we are showing improvements everywhere, you can smell on the matchday threads, a few of them
                        A pessimist has a military type mindset i.e. they hope for the best but expect the worst in every outcome. That way they can never be disappointed and only ever be pleasantly surprised. It's a kind of security mechanism.
                        QPR fans in particular are rife with them, and can you really blame them given what the club has put them through historically?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          A pessimist has a military type mindset i.e. they hope for the best but expect the worst in every outcome. That way they can never be disappointed and only ever be pleasantly surprised. It's a kind of security mechanism.
                          QPR fans in particular are rife with them, and can you really blame them given what the club has put them through historically?!

Comment

Fair feedback mate.

And yes, I appreciate that the Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola reference was a bit daft. The only point I was trying to make was that I don't actually think it's that unfair to label Ollie as tactically limited. All managers have their limitations of course, nobody is perfect. In my eyes, Ollie is better than most at this level at motivating a dressing room (of course with a couple jobs along the way where he wasn't able to get the players going). Where I see Ollie's limitations are very much around the tactical side of the game.

You've made a couple of very accurate observations where Ollie has absolutely nailed his match tactics. What I will also say is that there are also plenty of examples where he has tried to be clever and got it all wrong, the first half at home to Huddersfield last season being a classic example. We battered them in the 2nd half, but ultimately lost because of a tactical shambles in the first 45 minutes.

All said and done though, I'm really pleased with what I've seen this season. You've got to give Ollie his dues. He's done a great job in the transfer window on limited funds and we are playing good football. Look just about a top 10 side to me at the moment!
                            Yeah to be fair there have been just as many, if not more, tactical f**k ups than there have been good ones. Saying that, even when he does mess up the tactics I think a lot of fans now have the belief we can rescue a game. He's much better at motivating players, but when he does get tactics spot on its a joy to watch a motivated team totally tear apart the opposition (Reading for instance).

What's interesting is I remember Ollie saying he wants to get the team to the point where other teams have to figure out tactics to play against us. I think we're getting there. For instance, opposition strikers targeting Robinson rather than Baptiste like Morrison did for Millwall. Teams now (besides the big spending teams) have to find a way of playing against us which i think is really exciting. Don't know if any of that made sense? lol

Bring in a natural striker in January and I think we have an outside chance of play offs - if defence and midfield stay fit obviously.
                            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

We've played 8 league games this year and 6 of those against teams most would say would finish in the top 12 this season (Wednesday, Hull, Cardiff, Boro, Norwich, Reading)
                              We've only played two games against Ipswich and Milwall outside of that.

Would also like someone to name a club side anywhere in the world that would cope and maintain their standard with 5 centre backs out.

We've done well this year. I think if you rationally look at our games and our circumstances you'd see that.

Problem is as is so often the case on forums, people put an opinion out there and then stick by it and sustain it despite the evidence in the hope of being provide 'right'.

Being proved right about opinions you formed last season seems to be really important to you and to me it comes across that you are seeking the negatives and looking to spin things in a way that makes you feel better despite the results and in particular the performances now suggesting otherwise
                              Last edited by Route One; 21-09-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Route One View Post
                                We've played 8 league games this year and 6 of those against teams most would say would finish in the top 12 this season (Wednesday, Hull, Cardiff, Boro, Norwich, Reading)
                                We've only played two games against Ipswich and Milwall outside of that.

Would also like someone to name a club side anywhere in the world that would cope and maintain their standard with 5 centre backs out.

We've done well this year. I think if you rationally look at our games and our circumstances you'd see that.

Problem is as is so often the case on forums, people put an opinion out there and then stick by it and sustain it despite the evidence in the hope of being provide 'right'.

Being proved right about opinions you formed last season seems to be really important to you and to me it comes across that you are seeking the negatives and looking to spin things in a way that makes you feel better despite the results and in particular the performances now suggesting otherwise

Route one & straight to nail and head

Comment

Working...
                                X