We are 100% going down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    It's not a stupid comment in my opinion mate. Ollie is the dictionary definition of a "limited coach". All passion and heart, but very little tactical prowess. Let's be honest, with his level of passion and enthusiasm, if he understood the tactical side of the game, Ollie would be given Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola something to worry about. Instead he's back at about the only club in the top 2 division that were prepared to hire him after his stint at Millwall.
    Disagree tarbie as alot is down to the players aswell and their intelligence, the lower in leagues you go down the harder it is, if you had pep here he`d fail in my opinion with lesser players! so i suppose jimmyflyodd was better tactically cos he had every fookewr satback staying in there positions parking the bus! its all a load of rubbish, ask cloughie.....footballs a simple game end of, its all about the players and how they mix and how intelligent they are & bonding & organisation as one & obviously the manager.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

....after his stint at Millwall.
      So one blot on his copybook (which there were mitigating reasons for) in an otherwise pretty successful managerial career, now suddenly makes him a 'limited coach'? (whatever that means anyway, as it's such an arbitrary and vague description).

And I agree it's still way too early in the season to judge him so this whole argument is pretty worthless really.

It's also completely meaningless comparing him to a Mourinho or Guardiola who are obviously in the very top elite and thus the majority of managers don't come under that category.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        So one blot on his copybook (which there were mitigating reasons for) in an otherwise pretty successful managerial career, now suddenly makes him a 'limited coach'? (whatever that means anyway, as it's such an arbitrary and vague description).

And I agree it's still way too early in the season to judge him so this whole argument is pretty worthless really.

It's also completely meaningless comparing him to a Mourinho or Guardiola who are obviously in the very top elite and thus the majority of managers don't come under that category.
        Well for starters it ain't the only blot on his copybook. And for seconds, I was saying exactly the same thing about Ollie years ago when he was selecting Georges Santos at centre forward.

Ok, so it was a bit daft comparing him to Gaurdiola and Mourinho. But all I'm saying is that some managers are tacticians, others are motivators of people, some come with the whole package. I have never once questioned the fact that Ollie has at times in his career, been able to make groups of players better than the sum of their parts, purely down to getting a decent camp and team spirit going.

I think we need to accept what we have, and appreciate Ollie for what he does well. Rather than convince ourselves we have a decent tactical manager in the dug-out, cos we certainly don't!

Comment

Well for starters it ain't the only blot on his copybook. And for seconds, I was saying exactly the same thing about Ollie years ago when he was selecting Georges Santos at centre forward.

Ok, so it was a bit daft comparing him to Gaurdiola and Mourinho. But all I'm saying is that some managers are tacticians, others are motivators of people, some come with the whole package. I have never once questioned the fact that Ollie has at times in his career, been able to make groups of players better than the sum of their parts, purely down to getting a decent camp and team spirit going.

I think we need to accept what we have, and appreciate Ollie for what he does well. Rather than convince ourselves we have a decent tactical manager in the dug-out, cos we certainly don't!
          Again this tactical nonsense, if a as you say great tactictal manager doesnt have the motivational skills thens his tactical awareness is useless! its about having the lot to get a team doing well and the right players. And disagree with you again as how do you think hes won things in football as a manager, in my books that would make him very tactically aware otherwise he wouldnt of won things!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Again this tactical nonsense, if a as you say great tactictal manager doesnt have the motivational skills thens his tactical awareness is useless! its about having the lot to get a team doing well and the right players. And disagree with you again as how do you think hes won things in football as a manager, in my books that would make him very tactically aware otherwise he wouldnt of won things!
            Well let's put it this way, when I watch our games under Ollie I disagree with most of the decisions he makes in terms of formations, line-ups and substitutions. When I watched us under Neil Warnock, I found myself agreeing with 9 out of 10 decisions he made.

Not saying that I'm the oracle when it comes to football tactics. But it's how I feel, I know a lot of fans that agree with me!
            Last edited by Tarbie; 16-09-2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Well for starters it ain't the only blot on his copybook.
              True, but my main point is he's had good success at four clubs compared to two where it hasn't worked out. That's a pretty decent record for a manager in this day and age, and I just don't think you become a bad (or even average) one overnight.

Comment

• Tbf Tarbie he was the stereotypical lower league manager in his first spell here but now I think he has learned a lot and embraces new ideas. He over thinks things sometimes and it doesn't work... I'm still not sure what position Baptiste was playing against Millwall for instance but I think "limited" is unfair.

Comment

• Limited is absolutely ridiculous word to tarnish him with and you've let yourself down a bit there tarbs. Limited is a manager that plays negative football and is too arrogant to question his own ego. Ring any bells. Certainly unfashionable and you're right tarbs a few of you on here don't want him here but you've all got too personal about it
                  Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 16-09-2017, 01:33 PM.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Limited is absolutely ridiculous word to tarnish him with and you've let yourself down a bit there tarbs. Limited is a manager that plays negative football and is too arrogant to question his own ego. Ring any bells. Certainly unfashionable and you're right tarbs a few of you on here don't want him here but you've all got too personal about it
                    Let myself down? How do you work that out mate?

I've voiced an honest opinion on a message board and explained why I feel that way. Isn't that what you're meant to do on a message board?

As for "getting personal". Personal would be abusing Ollie from that terraces, which is something I don't do. I support the side and the manager when I go to games, like all fans should.

Anyway, pointless having this conversation again. Been here before, ain't we?

Comment

• Sorry tarbs. I could of certainly worded it better. Nothing wrong with giving an opinion and I have you down as a loyal and slightly upper-class fan
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• What is the new % of us going down ?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Sorry tarbs. I could of certainly worded it better. Nothing wrong with giving an opinion and I have you down as a loyal and slightly upper-class fan
                          No worries mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            What is the new % of us going down ?
                            Nothing is a given but I'm more or less 100% sure this team won't go down. I'm also more or less 100% sure that we ain't going up either. Happy that we are moving forwards again though, and I'm hopeful that we can avoid any prolonged periods without a win like we saw a couple of times last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              What is the new % of us going down ?
                              To be honest have absolutely no idea. Last season showed we are more than capable of going on long losing runs which, if repeated, would see us in real trouble. We have had an average start to the season, shown a bit of promise, and could have a nice unremarkable, safe season. Too early to say. For me could go either way.

Don't buy the excuses cobblers for last season's two disastrous runs. If you listen to the Olliephiles it was firstly down to the international break which on that basis must only have affected QPR and secondly he was trying out new things which again no other team in the country was using that logic. A good manager would have ground out some results during those runs. We were headless chickens and had the season gone on any longer would in all likelihood have gone down.

However lets give it another say ten games and see how things look.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                                To be honest have absolutely no idea. Last season showed we are more than capable of going on long losing runs which, if repeated, would see us in real trouble. We have had an average start to the season, shown a bit of promise, and could have a nice unremarkable, safe season. Too early to say. For me could go either way.

Don't buy the excuses cobblers for last season's two disastrous runs. If you listen to the Olliephiles it was firstly down to the international break which on that basis must only have affected QPR and secondly he was trying out new things which again no other team in the country was using that logic. A good manager would have ground out some results during those runs. We were headless chickens and had the season gone on any longer would in all likelihood have gone down.

However lets give it another say ten games and see how things look.
                                Sack ollie we're rubbish

Comment

Working...
                                X