Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    you was lucky, the weather been lousy these last few days

I am generally very lucky with the weather when I go to Cornwall (3 times this year already), my friends are thinking of paying me to stay there more often!

Sorry to hear it's not been so good for you fella - but come on - this is Great Britain we're talking about - when do we ever get a long run of really good weather? Try and make the best of it - if you can mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
      Don't forget the aroma of a freshly baked Cornish pastie titillating the nasal passage mate.
      Mmm - I think my favourite is Rowes - although Warrens are bloody good too. But really I think Cornwall is all about fresh seafood - landed in Newlyn in the afternoon and on your plate in the evening!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        Mmm - I think my favourite is Rowes - although Warrens are bloody good too. But really I think Cornwall is all about fresh seafood - landed in Newlyn in the afternoon and on your plate in the evening!
        Agree. Mate of mine lives in Somerset and is into speargun fishing.
        I'm more used to rod and line myself but I'm going to borrow his kit on the way down to Cornwall the week after next and give it a go.
        Having watched some videos on YouTube hopefully fresh wild bass, pollack, lobster and crab should be in the menu.
        I might be getting ahead of myself a bit though so it's nice to know I can fall back on the local pub where we are staying, it always has a decent fish menu.
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

Not into sea food due to allergies, but I do miss the pasties, clotted cream and scones and the proper ice cream. Even tea tastes better down there.
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
            Not into sea food due to allergies, but I do miss the pasties, clotted cream and scones and the proper ice cream. Even tea tastes better down there.
            Interesting fact about Cornish pasties.
            The large crimped bit of pastry round one edge was for the miners to hold with their dirty hands whilst eating.
            They'd throw that bit away when finished.
            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
            Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
              Interesting fact about Cornish pasties.
              The large crimped bit of pastry round one edge was for the miners to hold with their dirty hands whilst eating.
              They'd throw that bit away when finished.
              I remember seeing that on Discovery or History channel a few years back.
              Basically their whole lunch rolled up in pastry with the crusts for their tin mining fingers to grab on to
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
              X