No announcement yet.

Suicide bomber in Cornwall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St Ives fan myself. Do like it down there, hate the drive though!
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Great place and Rick Stein is my favourite TV chef. Hate the journey there and back, just seems endless. I remember the Cornish kicking off in the 70's about being independent, the English version of the Basque separatists
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        We have a lovely place in Crantock Village, just a few miles from Newquay.

Best of both worlds with a stunning beach and surroundings, walks aplenty and a short trip into town for something a bit more lively.

We also have the much vaunted annual big bale push, a fun and truly bizarre charity event which brings visitors from far and wide. If you love Cornwall and holiday there in September you should come and see it (second Friday of September each year) or even get involved
        Crantocks stunning. I'm sure I read on a sign there to be careful of bits of old barbed wire buried in the sand, which are the result of practising some of the D day landings on the beach ?
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
          Crantocks stunning. I'm sure I read on a sign there to be careful of bits of old barbed wire buried in the sand, which are the result of practising some of the D day landings on the beach ?
          You recall correctly Itso - it's mostly isolated around the dunes and not a real danger to anyone but the signs remain as much for the historical reference as anything
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Just got back from a short stay down there - by heck it was gorgeous. Went swimming three days in a row, cold in the water, but once you're in - delicious. The glow you get from swimming in the crystal blue Cornish sea is something else. Took this picture I think you'll like, from high above Porthcurno beach as we walked over the headland, past Minack theatre and down to Porthchapel. Surely when it's like this there's nowhere more beautiful than the British countryside. Looks stunning, doesn't it!

Comment

Favourite part of the World.
              Many a summer spent there as a kid.
              As an adult I had a VW bay window that I used to take down regularly.
              Did run to the sun in 99 with a VW club for the eclipse. Great week had by all.
              An ex member on here had a holiday park down in Bude with his brother, so paid a few visits there also.
              Used to have The Cornish flag in the back window of my camper, that always attracted good conversations no matter where in Europe I was driving.
              Used to love driving there, but didn't enjoy the drive home.

Lovely photo Hubs!
              Last edited by Fraggy; 24-07-2017, 12:15 PM.
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                Just got back from a short stay down there - by heck it was gorgeous. Went swimming three days in a row, cold in the water, but once you're in - delicious. The glow you get from swimming in the crystal blue Cornish sea is something else. Took this picture I think you'll like, from high above Porthcurno beach as we walked over the headland, past Minack theatre and down to Porthchapel. Surely when it's like this there's nowhere more beautiful than the British countryside. Looks stunning, doesn't it!

Couldn't agree more Hubs
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Great pic Hubs.
                  I'm on the Antrim coast in Northern Ireland at the moment and it's stunning. The people couldn't be friendlier too. The climate in Cornwall gives it the edge though. Heading there the week after next and your picture has whet the appetite that's for sure.
                  Will Danaher

Comment

fantastic photo Hubs. Anyone else holidaying in these septic isles this summer? Send your photos in
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Really glad you like that pic and agree folks. Shame about the title of this thread! And yes, do post pics please, let's see some more beautiful places you've been.

Comment

If you could guarantee the weather there would be a lot less Brits taking holidays abroad and a lot more people from abroad holidaying in the UK

Comment

That pic looks so beautiful it don't seem real.
                          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                          London Pride is a flower that's free.
                          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                            That pic looks so beautiful it don't seem real.
                            Amazing isn't it Lone - and that's exactly how it looked. To get the full picture, you've just got to imagine the softness of the breeze, laced with subtle scents from the gorse and the wild flowers, and a salty tang from the sea.... Such a beautiful place Cornwall.

Comment

you was lucky, the weather been lousy these last few days
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Amazing isn't it Lone - and that's exactly how it looked. To get the full picture, you've just got to imagine the softness of the breeze, laced with subtle scents from the gorse and the wild flowers, and a salty tang from the sea.... Such a beautiful place Cornwall.
                                Don't forget the aroma of a freshly baked Cornish pastie titillating the nasal passage mate.
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X