Fitness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness

We're in the middle of the hardest pre-season ever apparently, "hill of hell" etc. But did anyone think last season that our fitness was the issue? I would say reasons we had poor season were:

1) Tactics - too many of them. No one knew what they were doing.
    2) Defence - no structure. Decent individually but collectively clueless.
    3) Midfield - lightweight and no muscle. Players who good for the stats but make no impact on the actual game.
    4) Selection - tombola style

I thought fitness was ok and can't see that doing all this running is going to make any difference. I want them to spend every day from now until the 1st game working on organizing our back 4 so we are difficult to beat.

We always looked good in spells of pressure but then seem to back off or run out of steam abit, but our best games against reading and newcastle we didnt seem to have a fitness issue!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Agree with Pinks early seasons we had decent engine and tempo but come 80min mark died off

As OP says fitness one of the latter things to concern ourselves with

Comment

Ollie plays up the fitness angle as if it's a secret and will surprise all the other fatso teams in the division.

Conte last season did a lot of practice games without using a ball in training to great effect. Trouble is we tried this in real games last year.

Comment

Maybe we should put in a sloping pitch. Think the players were upset when they were running up the hill realising that Ollie was over the hill.

Comment

I'm training hard for Reading.

Exasperated look on face: Ten reps, Five sets
            Wincing: Ten reps, Five sets.
            Throwing my hands up in the air and saying For f uck sake: Fifteen reps, Ten sets.

Pretty sure muscle memory is making my training easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              We always looked good in spells of pressure but then seem to back off or run out of steam abit, but our best games against reading and newcastle we didnt seem to have a fitness issue!
              This...personally think that this (hopefully) extra fitness will get us off to a quick start and then who knows.....

Comment

If fitness affected the ability to consistently track back and make a tackle then yes, it was a massive problem last season.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                  We're in the middle of the hardest pre-season ever apparently, "hill of hell" etc. But did anyone think last season that our fitness was the issue? I would say reasons we had poor season were:

3) Midfield - lightweight and no muscle. Players who good for the stats but make no impact on the actual game.

I thought fitness was ok and can't see that doing all this running is going to make any difference. I want them to spend every day from now until the 1st game working on organizing our back 4 so we are difficult to beat.
                  Agree that our main issues were as you say but fitness is absolutely the first thing to concern ourselves with pre-season.

Fitness is the building block that you then develop everything else from and you do it first and then work on everything else.

You do that first so that the body can recover and their isn’t fatigue when the first games roll around because we’ve done heavy fitness work to close to pre-season

There’s another three-four weeks to correct those other bits. But need to have fitness levels up first. Its not a static thing. Because we had fitness in May doesn't mean the players automatically carry that into August.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Agree with Pinks early seasons we had decent engine and tempo but come 80min mark died off

As OP says fitness one of the latter things to concern ourselves with

Another example that seen you westy say before and i agreed is luongo, seen him trying to get back on a number of occassions and blowing out of his arris, and a few times causing a goal by the opposition through it!

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post
                      Agree that our main issues were as you say but fitness is absolutely the first thing to concern ourselves with pre-season.

Fitness is the building block that you then develop everything else from and you do it first and then work on everything else.

You do that first so that the body can recover and their isn’t fatigue when the first games roll around because we’ve done heavy fitness work to close to pre-season

There’s another three-four weeks to correct those other bits. But need to have fitness levels up first. Its not a static thing. Because we had fitness in May doesn't mean the players automatically carry that into August.
                      Agreed! You can have all the ability in the world but if yer not fit doesnt mean bugger all!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        I'm training hard for Reading.

Exasperated look on face: Ten reps, Five sets
                        Wincing: Ten reps, Five sets.
                        Throwing my hands up in the air and saying For f uck sake: Fifteen reps, Ten sets.

Pretty sure muscle memory is making my training easier.

Doing a bit of light training myself at the moment.
                        Currently have a poster of dof on the wall.
                        My hard, gruelling sessions start next week when the Warnock one gets an airing.

#tonsilsbeater
                        #makethembleed
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I'm not so sure this trip to Portugal was only about fitness. I think they know the squad is thin and not really good enough but instead of changing 4-6-8 players which we don't have the economy for since FFP hit us, they'll try to unite the players as a squad. There was plenty of team building efforts, GKs with GKs, defenders with defenders, midfielders with midfielders and so on..

Unite them and give them responsibility together, I'd say it good thinking! If enough I don't know but why not..

I might be one of the few that actually thinks the club is doing the right things now, it'll take time but it is a lot better than our spending years, those were a shame for a little club as QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post

Correct those other bits? Based on what I saw in last 2 months, I think it takes more than a few weeks to sort out those other bits. Fitness should be a given and it will not be the difference for us. Organization and players knowing their roles well, will

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

You are correct.

Fitness was the least of QPR's problems last season

The problems included negative tactics from JFH, inconsistent team selections, and poor coaching, baffling selections formations as well as tactics team selections from Holloway

Comment

Working...
                              X