We're so quiet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're so quiet!

It's so quiet it's frightening. So far we only managed to sign one midfielder and let four leave the club. I am sure we will add other players to our squad. Just hoping they will not add the number tally, rather the quality side. Numerous players were mentioned that we are interested in. However, we are still only stuck with one signing. Every QPR fan knows were our problems lay. It seems that the FFP is holding us back. We are just hoping that some players comes good. I expecting much better from the likes of CW, Cousins, Bidwell and Lynch. And hope that the likes of Smithies (if he is still with us that is!) Hall, Manning and Freeman keep improving on last season. As for money to spend, we now knows that there's 1.5 million from the sale of Bowler and some more from the sales of Gladwin and Doughty. Not much, however we can just hope that we can improve our squad a bit.
    Last edited by Martinmalta; 10-07-2017, 06:36 PM.

not any rumours to get excited by even
    competition time: ( the most times you put even in a sentence wins)
    Last edited by lymehoop; 10-07-2017, 05:31 PM.
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
      not even any rumours to get excited by even
      Yes the Club has certainly plugged the gaps on the rumour front...or we are interested in anyone one of the 2!

Comment

Quite.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          Quite.
          Quite sh it is the best way of describing us like the op stated
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Sorry but there's no reason to suggest we need to be doing more than we are. In the Prem, Spurs, southampton, west ham and palace have all only signed one player, the only team there who should be in a point of concern are Palace but they don't look super concerned by their situation. We'll sign people, we're just keeping it more covered than we used to. We're no longer the revolving door club, we're playing it the right way, doing things the correct way instead of being tabloid column fillers and I for one am happy with that role.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nasser�� Good post

Comment

Better to buy nobody than nobodies

Beyond that, it is quite quiet
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Waiting to sell smithies ? Maybe Luongo ? Need to raise money 1st ?

Comment

If i owned the club with that squad and manager
                    I would be running around like a sprinter
                    Relegation all over it at present wake up
                    No longer a revolving door just a closed door

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      Better to buy nobody than nobodies

Beyond that, it is quite quiet
                      If anyone thinks that we don't have to sign at least 2 more quality players to have a chance of at least mid table are surely deluded.

Comment

actually quite a few teams have been quiet in the transfer market.
                        (competition time: the poster who can use as many of the q words to make a sentence wins) (correct spelling and proper English for bonus points)
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Sorry but there's no reason to suggest we need to be doing more than we are. In the Prem, Spurs, southampton, west ham and palace have all only signed one player, the only team there who should be in a point of concern are Palace but they don't look super concerned by their situation.
                          More to the point Birmingham, Burton, Bristol City, Ipswich and Forest - all clubs within 4 points of relegation last season - have all only signed a couple of players.

Comment

I hope people don't expect to much from Manning I fear second season syndrome for him

Comment

We have been quite quiet, but I am quietly hoping we will do quite a bit more business.

Comment

Working...
                              X