Sack the board chants!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sack the board chants!

I'm not looking for bites on this thread.

This is a genuine question...............................

With 6 years in charge at qpr. promises of training grounds and 40k stadiums and being an established premier league club.

All we have to show for ourselves now is a quarter of a billion of debt,

football league threatening to fine us or bring in a transfer embargo,

club is being run by a dof novice,

forced to swallow dross and rotball and pay one of the highest tict prices in the league for that privilage.

appointing sky pundits, pe teachers and novices as managers.

And now we enter a new era of yearly relegation battles from the championship.

i'm not disputing the fact that uncle is a nice man but is he a capable chairman?

my question now is what will it take for you guys on here and at hq for these chants to start.

abuse this thread if you wish. like i said, its a serious question that i would like to hear your views on.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

With 6 years in charge at qpr. promises of training grounds and 40k stadiums and being an established premier league club.

forced to swallow dross and rotball and pay one of the highest tict prices in the league for that privilage.

i'm not disputing the fact that uncle is a nice man but is he a capable chairman?

my question now is what will it take for you guys on here and at hq for these chants to start.

abuse this thread if you wish. like i said, its a serious question that i would like to hear your views on.
    Good post actually

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
      Good post actually
      thanks mem. would just like to know what everyones threshold is regarding the running of the club.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Good post, but who will buy us???? Amit Bhatia, where is he?
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

god knows tbh, i prefer to be a bit optimisitic rather than pessimistic about our future but sometimes i worry about it.

we have been promised lots of stuff but it hasnt happened yet but at least our new training ground looks nailed down and should be sorted by the end of the year according to hoos. not all things are terrible though, our academy is starting to show results at least for the first time in 20 years and i think a lot of that is to do with chris ramsay.
          things should be a lot better but they could also be a lot worse, our debt was taken on by tony and the rest of the board wasnt it? pretty sure they did something weird to clear it from our books a year or so ago.

i think we're in for a long ride to becoming a stable productive club though, imo it'll be at least 10 years until we start moving forward, ie new stadium/self sufficent/good players

Comment

this is so ridiculous!

As far as i can see - we went up under this board and the fans cried out for champions league players etc etc In came the likes of Boswinga , Julio cesaer , loic remy, Samba , Mbia all those types of players - This is want you wanted - Unsustainable!

No wait ! we want our Rangers back - you all cry! ok so we are back in the second tier of league trying to find golden nuggets to move us forward but ultimately be able to sell to keep us afloat.

As for managers - warnock should never have gone - but many on here thought he was out of his depth in the premiership
            Hughes - great signing everyone said! well there was the start and he should be shouldering a lot of the responsibility of where we are now.
            Ramsey- i'll gives you that one! Baffling!
            Hasslebank - on paper a good appointment but no one would have known he would turn out like he did.
            Holloway - a victim of the wasn't it good in the old days we want our ranger back theme.

no one is saying the board hasn't made mistakes and they are trying to go about putting them right. but it seems that some fans are so far out of love with the club that even signing messi would be seen as signing some old argentinian at the end of his career looking for one last pay check.

yes the last couple of seasons haven't been the best but the club is trying. And the support last year was the worst i have seen it in 40 years - even i couldn't be bothered and as someone how has flown from the other side of the world to get to a game and been a season ticket holder for 30 years - thats saying something!

Lets wait for the season to start before the sack the board threads start!

Comment

It could be that we are following the Burnley route. In fact we are. But like the poster above implies, It will take time and much optimism to get there.
              Last edited by Shania; 09-07-2017, 11:31 AM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Can't argue with any of that.

Not one personally for calling for heads unless things are really desperate but I don't see it being long before I get there with this band of clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  this is so ridiculous!

As far as i can see - we went up under this board and the fans cried out for champions league players etc etc In came the likes of Boswinga , Julio cesaer , loic remy, Samba , Mbia all those types of players - This is want you wanted - Unsustainable!

No wait ! we want our Rangers back - you all cry! ok so we are back in the second tier of league trying to find golden nuggets to move us forward but ultimately be able to sell to keep us afloat.

As for managers - warnock should never have gone - but many on here thought he was out of his depth in the premiership
                  Hughes - great signing everyone said! well there was the start and he should be shouldering a lot of the responsibility of where we are now.
                  Ramsey- i'll gives you that one! Baffling!
                  Hasslebank - on paper a good appointment but no one would have known he would turn out like he did.
                  Holloway - a victim of the wasn't it good in the old days we want our ranger back theme.

no one is saying the board hasn't made mistakes and they are trying to go about putting them right. but it seems that some fans are so far out of love with the club that even signing messi would be seen as signing some old argentinian at the end of his career looking for one last pay check.

yes the last couple of seasons haven't been the best but the club is trying. And the support last year was the worst i have seen it in 40 years - even i couldn't be bothered and as someone how has flown from the other side of the world to get to a game and been a season ticket holder for 30 years - thats saying something!

Lets wait for the season to start before the sack the board threads start!
                  Now that's a good post.

Comment

No harm in being concerned and I agree with you in parts. But sometimes you need to ask, what could the club do differently and what would I do in that position?

Personally I'm not a fan of Holloway, but besides a few names such as Rowett, I can't think of any realistic options who would fill me with confidence.

Geographically we are in an affluent area compared to almost any other league club (exception of couple of other London clubs). It's incredibly difficult to find a piece of land to build training ground and stadium and to be fair I think the club have tried hard.

Who's to say next season will be a relegation battle? Nobody knows what new additions will come in by the start of the season.

This won't go down well, but sometimes our fans need to put their big boy pants on and learn to be patient. We moan when we spend big, we moan when we spend little. No denying the board have made mistakes, but please take a look at other clubs up and down the country.

I'm not a happy clapper nor are the board without blame, but sometimes we need to look at the situation more objectively.

Comment

Hits your post sums up the situation to a tee yet we have posters who attacker others for moaning when God knows the club give them good reason to moan ,
                      Your post should make fans that read it sit up and take note but theres a % that that would hide from from the long term damage that dross players playing dross football will have on the young wouldbe fans who can watch Fulham and Brentford show a mutch better product for more realistic price ,
                      If T F who does read message boards Hoos and co read this board they will go away thinking can't be a lot wrong the fans seem satisfied enough

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        Hits your post sums up the situation to a tee yet we have posters who attacker others for moaning when God knows the club give them good reason to moan ,
                        Your post should make fans that read it sit up and take note but theres a % that that would hide from from the long term damage that dross players playing dross football will have on the young wouldbe fans who can watch Fulham and Brentford show a mutch better product for more realistic price ,
                        If T F who does read message boards Hoos and co read this board they will go away thinking can't be a lot wrong the fans seem satisfied enough
                        Ok so TF read this and says OK Hits and Dogsrrs - I am giving you the club - i don't want any money for it - Over to you!

What would you do to get to how you think it should be? from the position we are in now?

Comment

Not that desperate yet but might start humming the chants if we were bottom three in January and no changes are made.

Comment

Not for me. Personally think there doing alright job now after previous disastrous decisions. As a board there still suffering and recovering from the first two or three transfer windows where they were duped.

Think lessons have been learnt but when you spend the money they did you can't just change all the mistakes over night will take years to return to level playing self Sufficient operating model

What they need to do is stop with the promises and regain fans trust by running sensible club quietly and efficiently, which there now doing. There are worse owners out their with less money then our lot, there heart is in the right place and for me that's been part of their problem they have become emotionally involved in club instead of being cut throat business men which made them there money. Flávio never gave f uck about fans of our opinions but look at the results he got!!! Decided he wanted out so never put any more money into club it's not nice but that's why he was successful he operates it's my way or no way model whereas Tony and board want everyone to like them so appease us with crap decisions like Holloway to keep people happy it was a bad and wrong choice.

What will keep us happy is stability and club being run well then you have made it Tony. I would keep as do feel we have hit bottom and are now heading albeit slowly in right direction

Comment

I think we wait until at least the end of August (nearly 2 months), see who we sign and how we are doing. Having said that we were top at the end of August 2016 and much good that did us.

Comment

Working...
                              X