Petrasso?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrasso?

Shouldn't he be here if he really has ambitions of making it in English football? No disrespect to Canada but this is a crucial time for a young player on the outskirts of the squad to make an impression. Will have missed a lot by the time he gets back.

I hope he arrives before we play Reading again. He'll make all the difference.
    Last edited by acricketer; 09-07-2017, 02:30 AM.

Comment

He is Canadian and plays for Canada, so I don't see the point in why he is playing there. He is gaining experience and isn't necessarily going to be chosen for our first team.

Comment

He's a player we either need to play or shift on in my opinion. Has done well for our U21's, and in the Canadian set up, but he's been on the fringes of the team for 2 or 3 seasons now. Either he's good enough, or he needs to drop a division and play regularly. Similar story as Doughty last season!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          He's a player we either need to play or shift on in my opinion. Has done well for our U21's, and in the Canadian set up, but he's been on the fringes of the team for 2 or 3 seasons now. Either he's good enough, or he needs to drop a division and play regularly. Similar story as Doughty last season!
          Yeah, exactly what I'm thinking....that's why he should be here fighting for his future rather than playing French Guiana or whoever. Will be well behind the lads that have done a full preseason with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            Yeah, exactly what I'm thinking....that's why he should be here fighting for his future rather than playing French Guiana or whoever. Will be well behind the lads that have done a full preseason with us.
            Canadian games are just as important as the USA games.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
              Canadian games are just as important as the USA games.
              I.e. not actually that important?!!

Comment

Luongo goes out to Australia for games. Don't thlnk they are any more important and he has missed a lot of club games.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  Luongo goes out to Australia for games. Don't thlnk they are any more important and he has missed a lot of club games.
                  Luongo is established as a 1st team player. I dunno if Petrasso is any good or not. Would be nice to find out as he at one time at least was rated.

Comment

While I agree with part of the OP that this is his chance to impress in pre-season there are a couple of points to consider: This is a FIFA Sanctioned tournament, I'm not sure if he could refuse the call and he is also getting valuable experience, he played 90 minutes at Right Back in our opening Gold Cup win and was quite solid in a back 4 albeit against fairly weak opposition!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

I hope Penrice was out there to discover him.

Comment

If petrasso is the answer, we're asking the wrong question.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                          If petrasso is the answer, we're asking the wrong question.
                          If management don't feel he's good enough then send him on loan for a season or, at 22 years of age, move him on permanently.

Might increase his value via a loan, or he might even impress enough to catch the eye of one of our many scouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                            If management don't feel he's good enough then send him on loan for a season or, at 22 years of age, move him on permanently.

Might increase his value via a loan, or he might even impress enough to catch the eye of one of our many scouts.
                            He's "industrious"....which means he runs around a lot but is genuinely ####.

Comment

To be fair he's better than el khayati who isn't even industrious

Comment

Working...
                              X