Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Robert Huth??
    Yes, I recall saying that QPR should have tried to sign him during the transfer window, but the club had decided it wasn't going to spend a penny in January.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Yes, I recall saying that QPR should have tried to sign him during the transfer window, but the club had decided it wasn't going to spend a penny in January.
      You are definitely the "told ya so" guy of WATRB. Have you got anything wrong over the years?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        As apposed to what exactly, we lost 7 of our last 8,stayed up by 2 points ,have a league 1 manager ,mostly league 1 players and have (so far) purchased I out of contract player,they are the facts.....we are bothering because we don't want to be relegated to league 1

agree that IH is League 1 manager and the 7 defeats out of the last 8 games bit is also very worrying. Not to mention all the other losses,- more than 55% under his charge.

He doesn't fill me or many others with confidence for the season ahead. Neither does the DoF.. I am ok with much of the squad, if only they had a good coach and organiser to manage them, but they don't, so yes, the season ahead promises nothing but a long dogfight.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
          I think you need to look at the cumulative tripe we've played over the last year or so to come to the conclusion that nothing will change soon. The happy clappers never point to a positive base for optimism. Anyone who 'moans' (not with pleasure!) can't see the big picture, the long term plan and is a pathetic melt.

We're hoping the drossballers in the squad aren't really drossballers and that Ollie is MourinHiola in disguise.

We are no different from last season unless Lionel Scowen is going to save us. Ollie is a "big hat with no guns". Rubbish spews from his mouth all designed for the new website.

We are League 1 bound. Do you like to lose?.......................

Well, our squad doesn't seem to mind, and its continued on from the end of last season. Let's not kid ourselves , we are not equipped to survive this season. It's one thing to lose game after game in the Prem, when it happens at the same rate in the Championship then alarms bells should even reach the deaf ears of the rose tinted.

Mid table is great, a plan, exciting games, competitiveness, organisation, effort, potential. We have none of this and its depressing and not surprising people feel down.
          Sadly, I agree .

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Im still hopeful we'll do ok but we did/do need a few quality players in and ill be confident then, but we will definately struggle if we dont bring any more in but the transfer windows only been open 5 minutes! But definately dont think we can keep risking not spending abit on the odd quality players as us fans need that buzz aswell! Just think its a risky ploy but i trust ollies judgement on players!

You are correct that the squad is reasonably good but needs a few more players of better quality, however my opinion is that the manager is not going to change from what he did last season

The transfer window opened at the end of the season as far as clubs like Everton are concerned. Cardiff have signed 6 players.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
              You are definitely the "told ya so" guy of WATRB. Have you got anything wrong over the years?
              Yes, I have got things wrong, but some on here think they know loads when they really don't.

it doesn't take a genius to know that Pulis should have replaced Redknapp, Defoe and Huth could or should have been signed as a last throw of the dice, that Ramsey was going to be a disaster in trying to keep the club in the Premiership, or that he was not right man for the job full time. nor was it hard to see that Warnock should have been kept on instead of appointing JFH nor that the latter would fail (after his dull and losing start) did it take Einstein to know that he should have been sacked and replaced long before he was when options like Warnock and Bruce were available?

And yes, I said steer clear of appointing Holloway, who almost took QPR down last season.

So yes, If you want to refer to me as Mr Told Ya so, then go ahead rather that than bury my head in the sand and hope for the best

Comment

Yes, I have got things wrong, but some on here think they know loads when they really don't.

it doesn't take a genius to know that Pulis should have replaced Redknapp, Defoe and Huth could or should have been signed as a last throw of the dice, that Ramsey was going to be a disaster in trying to keep the club in the Premiership, or that he was not right man for the job full time. nor was it hard to see that Warnock should have been kept on instead of appointing JFH nor that the latter would fail (after his dull and losing start) did it take Einstein to know that he should have been sacked and replaced long before he was when options like Warnock and Bruce were available?

And yes, I said steer clear of appointing Holloway, who almost took QPR down last season.

So yes, If you want to refer to me as Mr Told Ya so, then go ahead rather that than bury my head in the sand and hope for the best
                Fair enough. Can you now list all the things you got wrong for balance?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Unless Robinson can last 90mins every week, Furlong develops at light speed, Cousins and Goss prove to be shrewd buys, Hall and Onuha form a proper defensive partnership and Washington starts scoring !
                  Man we are fu.cked.

Comment

I am ok with much of the squad, if only they had a good coach and organiser to manage them
                    Really? I'd say we have a poor squad and I'd bet even Conte would struggle to coach Smith and Washington into scoring 10 goals a season - between them, Lynch to pass short, Luongo to be able to shoot on target, Mackie to control a ball or Perch to be able to put his boots on the right feet.

IMO you can only work with what you have got and we are seriously lacking quality in a lot of areas. Holloway will be fine with better players....whether or not he can get them is the key to our season.
                    Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 12-07-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Really? I'd say we have a poor squad and I'd bet even Conte would struggle to coach Smith and Washington into scoring 10 goals a season - between them, Lynch to pass short, Luongo to be able to shoot on target, Mackie to control a ball or Perch to be able to put his boots on the right feet.

IMO you can only work with what you have got and we are seriously lacking quality in a lot of areas. Holloway will be fine with better players....whether or not he can get them is the key to our season.
                      Sylla is a goalscorer.
                      Smith can be used as a target man to come on as a sub.
                      Wyzolek is a good player.
                      There is also a good Championship player in Ngaboto.
                      Washington in the right set up is also capable of some decent input.

Edit - how many goals did Smith and Washington score between them last season? I think you'll find it was 10 or possibly more.

The midfielders are not great but Scannell, Manning, Freeman, Luongo plus hopefully a good new signing or loanee, could make that a better prospect.

The defence needs working on most imo.
                      Hall, Onuoha & Lynch need improving on as do the full backs, especially the right hand side. However, a good coach and organiser could possibly make them work better as a unit.

So overall, not great, but it can be made into a decent mid-table to top half side if not better. my feeling is that Holloway is not the right man for this job.

As for Mackie you are correct, why he was ever signed again is beyond me.
                      Last edited by stanistheman; 12-07-2017, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Sylla is a goalscorer.
                        Smith can be used as a target man to come on as a sub.
                        Wyzolek is a good player.
                        There is also a good Championship player in Ngaboto.
                        Washington in the right set up is also capable of some decent input.

Edit - how many goals did Smith and Washington score between them last season? I think you'll find it was 10 or possibly more.

The midfielders are not great but Scannell, Manning, Freeman, Luongo plus hopefully a good new signing or loanee, could make that a better prospect.

The defence needs working on most imo.
                        Hall, Onuoha & Lynch need improving on as do the full backs, especially the right hand side. However, a good coach and organiser could possibly make them work better as a unit.

So overall, not great, but it can be made into a decent mid-table to top half side if not better. my feeling is that Holloway is not the right man for this job.

As for Mackie you are correct, why he was ever signed again is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                          Fair enough. Can you now list all the things you got wrong for balance?
                          I'm sure there are some that I got wrong, but can't recall many off the top of my head.

I did think that Redknapp would have been a good choice to replace Hughes, but he clearly wasn't.

I thought that Samba would have been a good signing (although in fairness I was not keeping tabs on his performances in Russia, so did not know his fitness levels.

I also thought Ravel would have been a good signing, but same applies here re: fitness (however an 18 month contract could have solved that problem and reap the rewards - if the pay was structured appropriately).

I know I have predicted wrong results for individual games, but think I got more correct.

Comment

No wonder you think our squad isn't that bad when you think we have signed a PL winger...

Comment

Working...
                            X