Will you be relieved if we stay up..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norths View Post
    Ollie will either have us flying and challenging for the playoffs, or a serious battle against the drop.

He's that type of manager/character.
    I can't predict which one it will be!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      Maybe those same people are now thinking league 1 would be good....
      Juke how they think relegation from the premises brought benefits.

Yes, I seem to recall warning that the Championship would not be as comfortable as some seemed to think it would be.

Apart from the 2 promotion winning seasons, the other 10 were mid table to relegation threatened struggles.

League ! would not be much of an improvement either.

I also agree with you that QPR are unlikely to get relegated but will be in the mix as long as the headless chicken manager is in charge.(Holloway was the same as a player - lots of effort and enthusiasm, but not muAch in the way of ability or direction).

If he does however, get to keep his job for most or even half the season QPR can go down. The way the team lost so many of his games last season was alarming to say the least.

I have already stated on another thread that I would donate money to the QPR in the Community for any position above 17th that finish in, but during the course of the season I might extend that the every place above the bottom 3 or even increase the amount.

Yes, I seem to recall Y

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Let me be the first to state categorically that there is absolutely no way in the world we will be relegated.

I despair at some people these days.
        why are we all supposed to put on our rose tinted specs and believe that Holloway is a good manager / coach and QPR will have a good season just because it hasn't started yet?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Totally bizarre mate struggled to get it at the time. The excitement of relegation because more games on Saturday 3pm!!!!!well that never happened, win more??? Not happened either finally more entertaining? Nope it's up there with worst football I have watched. At least getting beat by Arsenal or Man City saw us watching some world class players but it's not quite the same having pants pulled down by Burton or Rotherham
          This.

I would happily take finishing 16th or 17th in the Premiership every season rather than watch Championship tripe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
            Any reason for that or are you just being unbelievably (logic and reason go out the window)optomistic ?
            Nothing to do with optimism. I just happen to think we have enough to comfortably avoid relegation, while not having enough to push for playoffs. Is that Ok?
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
              Nasty losing mentality running throughout the club . From u18s to the 1st team. We get pumped nearly every week. Fans righting defeats off last season and making excuses. Sames happening again now. Its a friendly etc. well it's pre season for reading aswell but they still dic.ked us. I said were just about survive last season. And this year i think we could drop. Staying up has to be the aim this season.
              You've got this spot on Rickson there's a stench of apathy about the club from the top to bottom reaching out to the fans , the complacent acceptance of losing seems to embedded in every level of the club , will we stay up well there are a few weaker clubs than us so probably yes , though I wouldn't say there are any worse ones I can spot at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                You've got this spot on Rickson there's a stench of apathy about the club from the top to bottom reaching out to the fans , the complacent acceptance of losing seems to embedded in every level of the club , will we stay up well there are a few weaker clubs than us so probably yes , though I wouldn't say there are any worse ones I can spot at the moment
                There are thankfully weaker sides than us but unfortunately not worse hmm got me thinking there dogs me old son
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  There are thankfully weaker sides than us but unfortunately not worse hmm got me thinking there dogs me old son
                  Sorry have this one on me buddie I meant weaker clubs but not worse sides

Comment

Totally bizarre mate struggled to get it at the time. The excitement of relegation because more games on Saturday 3pm!!!!!well that never happened, win more??? Not happened either finally more entertaining? Nope it's up there with worst football I have watched. At least getting beat by Arsenal or Man City saw us watching some world class players but it's not quite the same having pants pulled down by Burton or Rotherham
                    Two good posts Westy this one and Ricksons people also forget there were some prem games we played well in man u at home got beat yeah but we're well in the game they just had more better players , Liverpool at home deffo should have and probably would have got something if our self pitying drunken centre back hadn't gave the points to Liverpool how many did Caulker cost 1st half of that season had we signed that ex Chelsea C/H that went to Liecester I think we could well have stayed up

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      Two good posts Westy this one and Ricksons people also forget there were some prem games we played well in man u at home got beat yeah but we're well in the game they just had more better players , Liverpool at home deffo should have and probably would have got something if our self pitying drunken centre back hadn't gave the points to Liverpool how many did Caulker cost 1st half of that season had we signed that ex Chelsea C/H that went to Liecester I think we could well have stayed up
                      Robert Huth??

Comment

Robert Huth??
                        Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                          OP looking to wind people up as usual. Don't feed the troll. Would be a legit post from others though.
                          I don't know if you're a beach boys fan, or this is your real name, but an apt anagram would be: slow in brain....

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                            I don't know if you're a beach boys fan, or this is your real name, but an apt anagram would be: slow in brain....
                            ha, very good, you have plenty of history when it comes to trolling so your fault if I don't take you seriously.

Comment

I'll be relieved if we stay up as I'm sure we'll all be. I'm not optimistic about this season as there's no evidence to suggest I should be.

I'd rather have lower expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                                Nothing to do with optimism. I just happen to think we have enough to comfortably avoid relegation, while not having enough to push for playoffs. Is that Ok?
                                It's fine but think you are wrong,we do NOT have a team and manager to comfortably avoid a relegation battle,but let's see,maybe just maybe you will not be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X